• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Gun banners anti woman?

Well then it's a good thing I'm not claiming that a shotgun is the best weapon in every situation. I'm saying it's the best weapon specifically for home defense. And definitely far superior to an AR-15 for that purpose.

that's stupid because the size of homes vary greatly. and before you start up, I was a world class shotgun competitor

Yes, cops carry bigger guns. Under normal circumstances however, they seldom break them out, because they are not particularly useful in the vast majority of police work situations. A person is of course, free to choose whatever weapon they please, within the bounds of legality. And I am equally free to criticize that choice based on the inferior merits of an AR-15 when used for home defense.

what exactly are your credentials in terms of expertise in home defense? I have all three types of weapons available depending on the problem that needs solving.

Women can still own guns and defend themselves against scumbags. Personally I disagree with banning AR-15 but that's besides the point.

As a proud lefty-do you plan on voting for someone in the presidential election who wants to ban AR 15s?

Yes, cops carry bigger guns. Under normal circumstances however, they seldom break them out, because they are not particularly useful in the vast majority of police work situations. A person is of course, free to choose whatever weapon they please, within the bounds of legality. And I am equally free to criticize that choice based on the inferior merits of an AR-15 when used for home defense.

These people do not seem to have any familiarity with weapons

that's stupid because the size of homes vary greatly. and before you start up, I was a world class shotgun competitor

Unless your living room is the size of a football field, an intruder in your home should be well within the effective range of a shotgun.

Yes, cops carry bigger guns. Under normal circumstances however, they seldom break them out, because they are not particularly useful in the vast majority of police work situations.
In the vast majority of police work guns aren't used, period. Police officers rarely ever draw their sidearms while on the beat. Most of the time police work is very boring work.

As a proud lefty-do you plan on voting for someone in the presidential election who wants to ban AR 15s?

A presidential candidate can't be perfect for everyone. ;) Many Republicans are for gun control too.

Unless your living room is the size of a football field, an intruder in your home should be well within the effective range of a shotgun.

that's assuming a specific scenario. I live on a small farm with several buildings. I might have to engage targets over 70M away. I might have to deal with coyotes attacking our animals.

In the vast majority of police work guns aren't used, period. Police officers rarely ever draw their sidearms while on the beat. Most of the time police work is very boring work.

Completely false in any major city.

How clueless

AR-15s, or really any weapon of the class, is absolutely the worst weapon for home defense. Might as well go with harsh language.

As a woman who is not a stellar shot would prefer to have access to some type of automatic to have a better chance of hitting whatever is threatening me. The threats are real.

As a woman who is not a stellar shot would prefer to have access to some type of automatic to have a better chance of hitting whatever is threatening me. The threats are real.

Yeah unload with the m60. Lol. How ridiculous

that's assuming a specific scenario. I live on a small farm with several buildings. I might have to engage targets over 70M away. I might have to deal with coyotes attacking our animals.

Shooting a coyote at long range is a job perfectly well suited for an AR-15. But then, that's not really home defense.

Exactly. The reason officers carry AR-15s is largely because of federal anti-terrorism grants. Not because they are useful in the vast majority of cases.

Shooting a coyote at long range is a job perfectly well suited for an AR-15. But then, that's not really home defense.

Last time-what exactly is your expertise to make claims about what are the best firearms for home defense.

Exactly. The reason officers carry AR-15s is largely because of federal anti-terrorism grants. Not because they are useful in the vast majority of cases.

Do you have evidence to support that claim. Actually the grants were surplus M16s

Last time-what exactly is your expertise to make claims about what are the best firearms for home defense.

Why, tired of arguing the merits? ;)

No special credentials. Just grew up on a farm XD

Then you dont know guns. You said automatic

You are correct, I am not well versed on guns. I said "some type of automatic" that would include semi automatics.

You are correct, I am not well versed on guns. I said "some type of automatic" that would include semi automatics.

No it would not to anyone who knows guns

Back
Top Bottom