• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

April is Confederate Heritage Month!

He was a southerner who could have easily sided with his “state” like so many other Virginians did, but not only did he stay loyal he fought bravely and well for the US throughly the war.

Check the twitter thread in the OP. It gives 30 examples of those kind of patriots.

They controlled everything! Still do. You already know that I bet.

Negroes! Come and get your negroes!

1523072613-original_1.jpg

Jewish slave trading brothers Ansley, Benjamin, George, and Solomon Davis advertised the sale of “Sixty Likely Virginia Negroes” in the Columbus Enquirer (Georgia) on this date in 1838. Their list included “house servants, field hands, blow boys [buglers], cooks, washers, ironers and three first rate seamstresses.” The Davises were mentioned in Harriet Beecher Stowe’s A Key to Uncle Tom’s Cabin, where they were described as “great slave-dealers. They are Jews, who came to that place many years ago as poor peddlars . . . These men are always in the market, giving the highest price for slaves. During the summer and fall they buy them up at low prices, trim, shave and wash them, fatten them so that they may look sleek, and sell them to great profit.”

April 12: Jewish Slave Traders

Yes, when Jim Crow laws were starting to get introduced.

The monument timelines are pretty fascinating.

There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up - CNN

Of course, the 1900 spike coincides with the aging of veterans who needed some reinforcement that their cause wasn’t as terrible as it looks. That happens when you’re in your 60s, have some disposable income and want to have a legacy.

c0fc816d7e6b9ed05894d798a04c75d5.jpg

The Jim Crow laws began in the 1870s.

The first KKK was tamped out around the same time.

The second KKK began in 1915.

The major spike ranged from mid-1890s to 1910 before falling off.

The Spanish American war was fought in 1898.

The President of the United States, a former Union General, made a famous speech praising Confederate veterans, exalting the union of America, and commemorating a Confederate cemetery after the close of that war, followed by a law classifying Confederate veterans as US veterans.

HMMMMMM

I wonder what the sensible, rational explanation for that huge spike in civil war monuments is?

Negroes! Come and get your negroes!

1523072613-original_1.jpg

Jewish slave trading brothers Ansley, Benjamin, George, and Solomon Davis advertised the sale of “Sixty Likely Virginia Negroes” in the Columbus Enquirer (Georgia) on this date in 1838. Their list included “house servants, field hands, blow boys [buglers], cooks, washers, ironers and three first rate seamstresses.” The Davises were mentioned in Harriet Beecher Stowe’s A Key to Uncle Tom’s Cabin, where they were described as “great slave-dealers. They are Jews, who came to that place many years ago as poor peddlars . . . These men are always in the market, giving the highest price for slaves. During the summer and fall they buy them up at low prices, trim, shave and wash them, fatten them so that they may look sleek, and sell them to great profit.”

April 12: Jewish Slave Traders

Jesus.

You really know how to **** up a thread.

No, the Nazis created their own propaganda system. Not everything is about the US Ralph.

When one is woefully ignorant of history, one should really have just kept one's mouth shut.

What America Taught the Nazis
In the 1930s, the Germans were fascinated by the global leader in codified racism—the United States.

IRA KATZNELSON
NOVEMBER 2017 ISSUE

What America Taught the Nazis in the 1930s - The Atlantic

How American Racism Influenced Hitler
Scholars are mapping the international precursors of Nazism.

April 30, 2018 Issue

How American Racism Influenced Hitler | The New Yorker

How the Nazis Were Inspired by Jim Crow
To craft legal discrimination, the Third Reich studied the United States.
BECKY LITTLE

How the Nazis Were Inspired by Jim Crow - HISTORY

History has been revised yank. Jews are the tireless proponents of civil rights for minorities, instead of the slave traders, slave owners, and treasonous force they were in the 19th century. This is Public Relations 101- change your image.

The North American abolitionist movement had its beginnings in the Churches, similiar to the British movememt. Queen Victoria herself detested slavery and found it immoral. Both she and husband worked behind the scene to have it stamped out in the British Empire. But the British economy was not so reliant on slavery economically as the American South.

The Jim Crow laws began in the 1870s.

The first KKK was tamped out around the same time.

The second KKK began in 1915.

The major spike ranged from mid-1890s to 1910 before falling off.

The Spanish American war was fought in 1898.

The President of the United States, a former Union General, made a famous speech praising Confederate veterans, exalting the union of America, and commemorating a Confederate cemetery after the close of that war, followed by a law classifying Confederate veterans as US veterans.

HMMMMMM

I wonder what the sensible, rational explanation for that huge spike in civil war monuments is?

I’m sure the war had a role.

But the Plessy v Ferguson ruling in 1896 can’t just be coincidence.

Jim Crow May have started earlier, but it really got steam after that.

Your the one who claims Jews control the media. Most of your posts involve Jews and how they control this or that and of course all being in some sort of collusion. Its NOT hyperbole when it comes to you and everyone on this forum knows it. Carry on.

I'm not a alone in that belief Hari.

Joe Biden spoke last night in honor of Jewish American Heritage Month.

"I was so certain that the vast majority of people would embrace and rapidly embrace” gay marriage, Biden said.

“Think behind of all that, I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it’s in Hollywood or social media are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry. The influence is immense, the influence is immense. And, I might add, it is all to the good.”

Biden may find it “all to the good” that Jews have used their influence over popular culture to change societal attitudes toward homosexuality, but lots of people don’t find it good at all.

Biden Praises Jews, Goes Too Far, Accidentally Thrills Anti-Semites

That's the then Vice President saying Jews influence America by controlling the media, thus changing public opinion.

Last edited:
When one is woefully ignorant of history, one should really have just kept one's mouth shut.

What America Taught the Nazis
In the 1930s, the Germans were fascinated by the global leader in codified racism—the United States.

IRA KATZNELSON
NOVEMBER 2017 ISSUE

What America Taught the Nazis in the 1930s - The Atlantic

How American Racism Influenced Hitler
Scholars are mapping the international precursors of Nazism.

April 30, 2018 Issue

How American Racism Influenced Hitler | The New Yorker

How the Nazis Were Inspired by Jim Crow
To craft legal discrimination, the Third Reich studied the United States.
BECKY LITTLE

How the Nazis Were Inspired by Jim Crow - HISTORY

And yet, funnily enough, you keep talking. When are you going to take your own advice?

Considering your support for the Confederacy, again, your posts reek of hypocrisy.

The Nazis were going after Jewish people and other “undesirables” regardless of what happened in the United States.

The KKK was formed and actively consisted of ex-Confederates.

Oh, and by the way, the Spanish American War’s main prize, Cuba? An island Southerners had desired to seize control over for decades.

Ostend Manifesto - Wikipedia

Yeah, they wanted to turn the entire Caribbean into a 'golden something or other' of slave economies. That didn't really have much relevance after the abolition of slavery. And I'm sure it was, that doesn't change the fact that the KKK literally didn't exist (and hadn't for decades) during the wave of monument-building which has recently been attributed to their nefarious influence. A wave which can much more convincingly be explained by an attempt by the north to paper over the wounds opened by the Civil War.

Yeah, they wanted to turn the entire Caribbean into a 'golden something or other' of slave economies. That didn't really have much relevance after the abolition of slavery. And I'm sure it was, that doesn't change the fact that the KKK literally didn't exist (and hadn't for decades) during the wave of monument-building which has recently been attributed to their nefarious influence. A wave which can much more convincingly be explained by an attempt by the north to paper over the wounds opened by the Civil War.

Oh really?

You don’t think the chance to finally seize the prize they’d been lusting after for half a century didn’t play a role in southerners suddenly deciding that “gee, what do you know, guess we are loyal after all”?

The Klan absolutely existed in both the early 1900s and 1950s and 1960s.

Oh, so the fact that the monuments were built during periods when African Americans were actively seeking to exercise their rights as Americans is—- what, a neat coincidence—- to you?

Oh really?

You don’t think the chance to finally seize the prize they’d been lusting after for half a century didn’t play a role in southerners suddenly deciding that “gee, what do you know, guess we are loyal after all”?

The Klan absolutely existed in both the early 1900s and 1950s and 1960s.

Oh, so the fact that the monuments were built during periods when African Americans were actively seeking to exercise their rights as Americans is—- what, a neat coincidence—- to you?

I think they went to war because they were called to. I think that after Reconstruction, trying to establish a slave state in Cuba was at the bottom of their list of concerns. And it's not like I would welcome it lol. I'm Catholic, the KKK harbored a genocidal hated for my religion, and Cuba was and is a Catholic country.

If you think that the Klan existed in 1900-1910, then you don't understand the history of the Klan, which has existed in different waves. The first Klan was an insurgency composed of Confederate Veterans during Reconstruction. The second was founded by William J. Simmons, a military physician. The first was stamped out shortly after the Civil War, and would remain defunct for fifty years until the establishment of the Second Klan. This second Klan viciously subjugated blacks and Catholics in the south, and was heavily involved in the Temperance Movement and the enforcement of Prohibition. The third Clan arose later, in the 50s, and was primarily opposed to black civil rights, and is likely the group with which modern Americans are most familiar.

I think that you could characterize any period after the end of Reconstruction as 'periods in which black Americans were trying to exercise their rights'. Because that struggle was continual. I think that the spike in monuments is at a very specific time that corresponds with the Spanish American War, and so is sensibly explained by the well-known use of that war as a nationalistic 'reconciliation' totem.

You’ll like this one too:

“Also, Georgian Montgomery Meigs, West Pointer, engineer, served with RE Lee. At secession, stayed true to the US, became the chief logistician of the US Army (Seward called him key to victory), & established the US National Cemetery in Lee's back yard.”

7f93e0f70fcf81675b7102135ae1b91a.jpg

Chicago has lots of honors to real Civil War heroes- Union soldiers.

Meigs, Sheridan, Sedgwick, Douglas, Logan...
Thanks. But Bah! The midnight razing of Meig's Field was a great tragedy! :cry:

I think they went to war because they were called to. I think that after Reconstruction, trying to establish a slave state in Cuba was at the bottom of their list of concerns. And it's not like I would welcome it lol. I'm Catholic, the KKK harbored a genocidal hated for my religion, and Cuba was and is a Catholic country.

If you think that the Klan existed in 1900-1910, then you don't understand the history of the Klan, which has existed in different waves. The first Klan was an insurgency composed of Confederate Veterans during Reconstruction. The second was founded by William J. Simmons, a military physician. The first was stamped out shortly after the Civil War, and would remain defunct for fifty years until the establishment of the Second Klan. This second Klan viciously subjugated blacks and Catholics in the south, and was heavily involved in the Temperance Movement and the enforcement of Prohibition. The third Clan arose later, in the 50s, and was primarily opposed to black civil rights, and is likely the group with which modern Americans are most familiar.

I think that you could characterize any period after the end of Reconstruction as 'periods in which black Americans were trying to exercise their rights'. Because that struggle was continual. I think that the spike in monuments is at a very specific time that corresponds with the Spanish American War, and so is sensibly explained by the well-known use of that war as a nationalistic 'reconciliation' totem.

Not sure why you’re focused on the Klan.
Lynchings, for example, continued with or without the Klan.

f6d91a509810bfba86ee2553fa4940af.jpg

Elizabeth Thorn.JPG

In the general theme of commemorating the victims of the Civil War, I nominate Elizabeth Thorn.

The soil in Gettysburg is rough, lots of clay and rocky bits. Elizabeth was six months pregnant during the battle of Gettysburg. After the battle ended, the stench of decay from the carnage was so strong that it could be smelled in York, almost an hour away by car today. Elizabeth and her elderly father dug 92 graves on a stony hillside in the sweltering July heat, fending off nausea in an inescapable miasma of rotting human flesh that drove many permanent residents to evacuate the town. Her daughter would be born shortly after Lincoln's famous speech. The girl's life would be short and harsh, likely plagued by health problems due to he mother's difficult pregnancy. Rosa Thorn died at the age of 14. Living here changes you; there aren't many places in America so steeped in blood and senseless horror. Elizabeth's weary likeness still stands vigil at the entrance to Gettysburg's famous cemetery to this day. She was a recent German immigrant, and had little to do with our conflict, but still paid a heavy price.

Not sure why you’re focused on the Klan.
Lynchings, for example, continued with or without the Klan.

f6d91a509810bfba86ee2553fa4940af.jpg

Why have you posted data showing a steady downward trend if you wanted to prove that this monument wave was linked to said lynchings? Going by simple correlation, the monument wave accompanied a reduction in racial animus...

Why have you posted data showing a steady downward trend if you wanted to prove that this monument wave was linked to said lynchings? Going by simple correlation, the monument wave accompanied a reduction in racial animus...

I didn’t say the monument wave was linked to lynchings, I said it was high when the Klan didn’t officially exist.

I didn’t say the monument wave was linked to lynchings, I said it was high when the Klan didn’t officially exist.

Okay, but I never claimed that lynchings can't exist without the Klan. My only real central claims throughout all this thread have been

1. The wave of monuments was caused by the Spanish American War

2. Confederate soldier were not considered traitors postbellum.

This graph is just another piece of evidence in support of point 1.

Okay, but I never claimed that lynchings can't exist without the Klan. My only real central claims throughout all this thread have been

1. The wave of monuments was caused by the Spanish American War

2. Confederate soldier were not considered traitors postbellum.

This graph is just another piece of evidence in support of point 1.

Still not sure what the KKK has to do with it at all.

And given Lynchings we’re peaking just before and at the time the monuments to white supremacy were built, I’m not sure how point 1 is supported.

I mean... here’s a monument in NOLA that literally says it’s erected because of white supremacy, not because of some nostalgia for hero-traitors.

e069d0f1c8c642b503dbf2eda65ad079.jpg

Last edited:
Benjamin F. Jonas, was a Democratic U.S. Senator from Louisiana and an officer in the Confederate States Army during the American Civil War. He was the third Jew to serve in the Senate. Despite his family's strong Republican connections, Benjamin Jonas cast his lot with Democrats & the South in the Civil War.

Jesus what a d**k he must have felt...

I'm not a alone in that belief Hari.

Joe Biden spoke last night in honor of Jewish American Heritage Month.

"I was so certain that the vast majority of people would embrace and rapidly embrace” gay marriage, Biden said.

“Think behind of all that, I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it’s in Hollywood or social media are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry. The influence is immense, the influence is immense. And, I might add, it is all to the good.”

Biden may find it “all to the good” that Jews have used their influence over popular culture to change societal attitudes toward homosexuality, but lots of people don’t find it good at all.

Biden Praises Jews, Goes Too Far, Accidentally Thrills Anti-Semites

That's the then Vice President saying Jews influence America by controlling the media, thus changing public opinion.

The American Evagelical movement does the same. Look how they are all in to have Conservative judges appointed, and why, to overturn Roe V Wade.

“How about the good gentleman from Tennessee, David Farragut? He thumbed his nose at the rebellion and went on to become victor of New Orleans and Mobile Bay, forcing the US Navy to create the rank of full admiral for him.”
d0f386559a8af0c73e1d4941c4322a6c.jpg

Farragut went to sea when he was nine, with his adoptive father who was a USN commodore. Wounded at 12 fighting the British Navy. Commanded a frigate at 22.

Farragut became famous for having himself tied to the mast to direct battles -- he was sort of an early Awacs. It's how he won at Mobile Bay and New Orleans. It was at Mobile Bay Farragut said to, "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead." Farragut's fleet knew then the Rebs were theirs for the whupping. And whup 'em they did.

Farragut and his foster brother Admiral David Porter ran the Confederate guns and navy at Vicksburg which immediately became bad news for the bad guys and very good news for the good guys. The rest is unfinished history.

Back
Top Bottom