• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

April is Confederate Heritage Month!

As I have already mentioned there have always been some decent folks in the USA, a small minority.

"It never attracted many followers; only two percent of northerners were abolitionists, ... . "

Frémont was an abolitionist, and he got about half the Northern vote in the three-way 1856 election... so the amount of people who wanted to end slavery in the North was not insubstantial.

Truthatallcost fascinated by Jews as usual. I am shocked I tell you, shocked!

Didn't they control the slave trade, which lead to the Civil War in the first place? That's left out of the movies and school text books Hari. I wonder why.............. no I don't!

The USA genocide against the Blacks and the USA genocide against Native Americans. Y'all really ought not to be pointing fingers. The hypocrisy is over the top.

What are you going on about, what do those two events have to do with the topic of the thread?

Anyone who celebrates the Confederacy is ignorant of history. Oh and I do pick up history books, it was my major in college.

Yet when that honor somehow only happens when civil rights are expanded... the ‘honoring of war dead’ 100 years after the war is not really what it seems.

That honoring of war dead coincided with the Spanish American War, the first war in which Confederate and Union soldiers fought together. The McKinley speech which I quoted earlier was in the aftermath of that war, hence the references to recent honorable service. This sparked off a fervor of Confederate monument building and was seen as the moment that the nation began to close up the wounds opened by the Civil War. Recently, a bunch of dumb articles have tried to link this to some sort of resurgence in reactionary KKK activity, which if you look at the actually timeline is idiotic. The first Ku Klux Clan was stamped out decades before this wave of monuments was built, and the second wasn't even formed until the spike in monuments had ended.

The USA genocide against the Blacks and the USA genocide against Native Americans. Y'all really ought not to be pointing fingers. The hypocrisy is over the top.

Uh..... no, there was not a “genocide against African Americans” and considering your support for the Confederacy—-the people literally fighting to keep them enslaved your stance appeared two faced at best

No. They didn't.

Are you aware of Monsanto? The name comes from a Spanish Jewish family, which sold slaves long before the 'GMO's kill lab mice' scandal which brought their name to public attention. They were some of the latest slave traders.

Didn't they control the slave trade, which lead to the Civil War in the first place? That's left out of the movies and school text books Hari. I wonder why.............. no I don't!

It was the British who were heavily into the slave trade. I am unsure if they were Jewish, perhaps some were. I suspect most were Christians, but not ones who had a conscience.

The debate over the extension of slavery to new territories was absolutely crucial to the lead up to the civil war, and the side which opposed it didn't do it on moral, 'human rights' ground. Oftentimes, the opposition to the exposure of slavery to new territories was couched in ways which prioritized white labor. The south wanted to extend slavery so that they would have enough votes to preserve the institution if northeastern abolitionists moved to abolish it, but the northerners who opposed that position did not often argue from a principled position of abolitionusn. They argued from a position of protecting the honest, hardworking white man from unfair competition with negro slave labor. The move to prevent slave labor from extending to new territories in the 19th century would certainly be characterized as white nationalism today. And while I do not doubt that Lincoln personally opposed slavery, he was willing to compromise on the issue if it helped him politically, having famously stated that he would end the war even if it left every slave in chains.

Pragmatism.

No one reading his writings can come to the conclusion he didn't deplore slavery.

The problem was keeping the loyalty of the border states which were anti secession but pro slavery.

And that is why the Emancipation Proclamation only affected states in open conflict with the north.

Uh......no?

What Neo Nazi pamphlet did you pluck that out of?

It’s left out of schools and textbooks because it’s a delusional lie......like so much else of what you believe.

That honoring of war dead coincided with the Spanish American War, the first war in which Confederate and Union soldiers fought together. The McKinley speech which I quoted earlier was in the aftermath of that war, hence the references to recent honorable service. This sparked off a fervor of Confederate monument building and was seen as the moment that the nation began to close up the wounds opened by the Civil War. Recently, a bunch of dumb articles have tried to link this to some sort of resurgence in reactionary KKK activity, which if you look at the actually timeline is idiotic. The first Ku Klux Clan was stamped out decades before this wave of monuments was built, and the second wasn't even formed until the spike in monuments had ended.

The KKK was formed and actively consisted of ex-Confederates.

Oh, and by the way, the Spanish American War’s main prize, Cuba? An island Southerners had desired to seize control over for decades.

Ostend Manifesto - Wikipedia

They controlled everything! Still do. You already know that I bet.

It was the British who were heavily into the slave trade. I am unsure if they were Jewish, perhaps some were. I suspect most were Christians, but not ones who had a conscience.

History has been revised yank. Jews are the tireless proponents of civil rights for minorities, instead of the slave traders, slave owners, and treasonous force they were in the 19th century. This is Public Relations 101- change your image.

Why is that?

He was a southerner who could have easily sided with his “state” like so many other Virginians did, but not only did he stay loyal he fought bravely and well for the US throughly the war.

History has been revised yank. Jews are the tireless proponents of civil rights for minorities, instead of the slave traders, slave owners, and treasonous force they were in the 19th century. This is Public Relations 101- change your image.

Got any evidence for your claims that Jewish people are “treasonous forces”?

Because, you know, it sorta just sounds like you are straight up paraphrasing Nazi propaganda posters at this point.

What are you going on about, what do those two events have to do with the topic of the thread?

It speaks to the deep evil that exists in the USA and that same deep evil was part and parcel of Dishonest Abe's plans.

Anyone who celebrates the Confederacy is ignorant of history. Oh and I do pick up history books, it was my major in college.

I am not celebrating the South. I am pointing out the always stunning hypocrisy of Americans who think they have the creds to be pointing fingers at others. Wow, you studied US history under the USA Goebbels crowd. How much time was spent on the two genocides I have mentioned? How much time was spent on the over 100 US illegal invasions of the poor nations of the world?

That honoring of war dead coincided with the Spanish American War, the first war in which Confederate and Union soldiers fought together. The McKinley speech which I quoted earlier was in the aftermath of that war, hence the references to recent honorably service. This sparked off a fervor of Confederate monument building and was seen as the moment that the nation began to close up the wounds opened by the Civil War. Recently, a bunch of dumb articles have tried to link this to some sort of resurgence in reactionary KKK activity, which if you look at the actually timeline is idiotic. The first Ku Klux Clan was stamped out decade before this wave of monuments was built, and the second wasn't even formed until the spike in monuments had ended.

Yes, when Jim Crow laws were starting to get introduced.

The monument timelines are pretty fascinating.

There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up - CNN

Of course, the 1900 spike coincides with the aging of veterans who needed some reinforcement that their cause wasn’t as terrible as it looks. That happens when you’re in your 60s, have some disposable income and want to have a legacy.

c0fc816d7e6b9ed05894d798a04c75d5.jpg

Because, you know, it sorta just sounds like you are straight up paraphrasing Nazi propaganda posters at this point.

The Nazis loved the effectiveness of the USA propaganda system and they took it as their own.

Pragmatism.

No one reading his writings can come to the conclusion he didn't deplore slavery.

The problem was keeping the loyalty of the border states which were anti secession but pro slavery.

And that is why the Emancipation Proclamation only affected states in open conflict with the north.

Yeah, that's a reasonable position (though I think that the EP was more a successful attempt to spark a slave revolt behind enemy lines. Pragmatic). Lincoln definitely hated slavery as an institution. It just really, really irks me when people paint 19th century white Americans as these angels motivated by selfless concern for black people. As someone with an interest in history, it just rubs me entirely the wrong way. Lincoln was a pragmatic abolitionist. Most northerners were not abolitionists, either pragmatic or principled. The Union soldiers who died at Gettysburg were mostly racists. The people who opposed slavery being expanded into new territories were mostly racists.

We should change all the monuments and street names to southerners who fought against the confederates.

The Nazis loved the effectiveness of the USA propaganda system and they took it as their own.

No, the Nazis created their own propaganda system. Not everything is about the US Ralph.

Lolz, let's speak in hyperbole to avoid the issue Hari, and fool people some more.

Your the one who claims Jews control the media. Most of your posts involve Jews and how they control this or that and of course all being in some sort of collusion. Its NOT hyperbole when it comes to you and everyone on this forum knows it. Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom