• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh until FBI investigates assault allegations

Incorrect.He showed both bad temper and political bias in his opening statement when he mentioned Trump and Clinton with his red face and antagonistic rhetoric before he was asked one question.

I'd like to see you act any differently if you were in Kavanaugh's shoes in that instance. I know for sure that I wouldn't be acting differently in that instance.

Fact remains,if he truly wanted to do 'everything' possible to clear his name,he would have taken Durbin's suggestion,and ask the committee to have the FBI investigate these new allegations.Something he clearly doesn't want to take place.

Why didnt Durbin and the democrats bring the accusation to the full committee when they got them in July and investigate them then? Answer: the goal for the left was never to investigate and find the truth but to hold onto the accusation until the 11th hour as a smear and delaying tactic. The FBI wont solve the dispute. They will conduct interviews. The senate panel has the ability to do the same thing. Why didnt durbin and the rest of the democrat hacks do that?

You just admitted he is now unqualified to sit on SCOTUS due to his political bias..Thank you

If that is your reason for disqualification then I'm sure that you'll call for everyone on SCOTUS to step down and never want anyone to nominate anyone to it ever again. ALL judges have a political bias. All PEOPLE have a political bias. But there is a difference between having a political bias and letting it affect your decision making when making rulings. Or, another way to put it, its the difference between a partisan hack and a non-partisan hack.

Oh, BS, it's in the Senate Committee Record, look it up for yourself. I watched it, I heard it first hand. If you didn't, then google one of the many videos that reveal what really happened, then try to defend it. I know what I saw, what I heard; if you did not, there are myriad cable channels and videos that you can use to pretend that those of us who watched every minute of what happened was a "lie", and what and what Lindsay Graham screeched to the rooftops is god's plan for the Jesus-blessed republican party.

The only problem is that Judge Cavanaugh was lying, and Dr. Ford was not.

Well, she was caught lying about the whole fear of flying thing. And the lied when she said the committee would not come to her, then changed it to 'it wasn't clear'. Also lied about how many questions she was asked during the polygraph, and about not knowing who paid for it.

I think they both lied at some point.

No one had to commit perjury here. Ms. Ford could be mis-remembering due to transference and Kavanaugh could be telling the truth. They're both 100% sure that they are telling the truth. Perjury is about purposefully lying. I don't think either one is lying.

I agree with this, too.

I 100% believe that someone tried to rape her in exactly the way she describes.

Mike Judge at least needs to be interviewed by someone who is actually interested in establishing the facts. That would be the first step to pinning down the particulars.

He gave a sworn statement, and a second letter to the Judiciary Committee just yesterday. Try to keep up.

Actually,when Durbin asked Kavanaugh if he would 'personally' ask the committee to have the FBI investigate these new allegations to clear his name,Kavanaugh opted to deflect and defer to the committee's decision.A clear indication he in no way is interested in clearing his name by 'personally' asking for the FBI to investigate these new allegations.

Why the insistence on something that will not prove anything. Like it was said several times, the FBI does nothing more than gather statements in this kind of investigation. They do not reach a conclusion. (That's the media's job.)

Say the do re-open the background investigation (because that is exactly what it would be) and gather more statements from more people. Then what? What's the next step?

Kavanaugh is not on trial. If you want a criminal investigation, file charges.

He passed the job interview. It's time to vote.

Why the insistence on something that will not prove anything. Like it was said several times, the FBI does nothing more than gather statements in this kind of investigation. They do not reach a conclusion. (That's the media's job.)

Say the do re-open the background investigation (because that is exactly what it would be) and gather more statements from more people. Then what? What's the next step?

Why? Because Kavanaugh claims himself and his family have been forever damaged.If indeed these new allegations are false,a current and updated FBI investigation would help Kavanaugh clear up any new suspicions and help clear his name,and by proxy,help his damaged family heal.

I don't know if he has or not, for this specific instance. But considering his background I would find it extremely hard to think that he hasn't taken one at some point in his life. Don't you?

But why would a polygraph in his past question this event?

The best way to negate her claim is to take a polygraph and simply pass it.

Every SCOTUS has a political bias.

Possibly.but most don't enter a congressional investigation involving sexual indiscretions/allegations,and go off on a political rant all red faced and visibly angry when presenting their opening statement attacking the party their political bias is aimed at.

Fact remains,if he truly wanted to do 'everything' possible to clear his name,he would have taken Durbin's suggestion,and ask the committee to have the FBI investigate these new allegations.Something he clearly doesn't want to take place.

Just becuase you want to have the FBI add (even more?) delay is not any reason to have the FBI start investigating state crimes. MD is perfectly capable of doing that yet (strangely?) requires an actual criminal complaint and/or evidence of a crime to initiate that process.

The idea that the FBI should (be on call to?) serve as a private investigative service for congressional committees is an expansion of federal power that we simply do not need or want. Using a citizen complaint to serve as a de facto filibuster was bad enough but to add 'emergency' FBI investigations (for any 'politically important' allegations of, long past, state misedemeanor charges) is even more over the top.

If that is your reason for disqualification then I'm sure that you'll call for everyone on SCOTUS to step down and never want anyone to nominate anyone to it ever again. ALL judges have a political bias. All PEOPLE have a political bias. But there is a difference between having a political bias and letting it affect your decision making when making rulings. Or, another way to put it, its the difference between a partisan hack and a non-partisan hack.

I would agree with you on this Kal. But after listening to Kavanaughs rant about the Dems and Clinton during his opening statement,he convinced me yesterday he is clearly a political hack.

Why didnt Durbin and the democrats bring the accusation to the full committee when they got them in July and investigate them then? Answer: the goal for the left was never to investigate and find the truth but to hold onto the accusation until the 11th hour as a smear and delaying tactic. The FBI wont solve the dispute. They will conduct interviews. The senate panel has the ability to do the same thing. Why didnt durbin and the rest of the democrat hacks do that?

Ask Durbin.I'm sure he provides a number he can be contacted at on his website.

Why? Because Kavanaugh claims himself and his family have been forever damaged.If indeed these new allegations are false,a current and updated FBI investigation would help Kavanaugh clear up any new suspicions and help clear his name,and by proxy,help his damaged family heal.

How would it clear anything up? The FBI will gather a bunch of statements of people saying "yeah, he did" and others saying "no, he didn't". Then what?

But why would a polygraph in his past question this event?

The best way to negate her claim is to take a polygraph and simply pass it.

Nope, the best (and by far most common) reaction to an unsubstantiated claim of a state misdemeanor charge is to deny it. There is a reason that polygraphs have no place in our due process system.

Just becuase you want to have the FBI add (even more?) delay is not any reason to have the FBI start investigating state crimes. MD is perfectly capable of doing that yet (strangely?) requires an actual criminal complaint and/or evidence of a crime to initiate that process.

The idea that the FBI should (be on call to?) serve as a private investigative service for congressional committees is an expansion of federal power that we simply do not need or want. Using a citizen complaint to serve as a de facto filibuster was bad enough but to add 'emergency' FBI investigations (for any 'politically important' allegations of, long past, state misedemeanor charges) is even more over the top.

You seem to have misread my post,as well as presuming what I want..back to the drawing board for you.

Most ignorant and laughable post of the day.

Well, let's look at my actual post...

MSgt said:
You just declared somebody was ignorant....then ignorantly declared that Ford's issue was that she was raped, which has absolutely never been the case.

And despite Ford passing a polygraph on the event, conservatives prefer to simply choose to blindly trust Kavanaugh, who would probably refuse to take a polygraph.

- In the meantime, the right-wing media chooses to entertain the idea that a widely published university professor has nothing to lose with this accusation.
- In the meantime, the right-wing media chose to use a student's 2014 teacher review...on the wrong teacher...to discredit Ford.
- In the meantime, the right-wing media has chosen to focus on an exaggerated narrative of "different claims."
- In the meantime, the right-wing media has gone as far as to actually try to get the former FBI agent, who administrated the polygraph, to discredit it entirely.

Clearly, the partisan hackery resides on the side of conservatives. For some reason, you people seem to care more about Kavanaugh, thus yourselves, "winning" than the actual seat.

Clearly, with your need to present only one of my sentences, thereby separating it from the context, you found what preceded that sentence as uncomfortable. It appears that you have subliminally learned to do what FOX News has done to you for years. Instead of dropping immature and unsubstantiated one-liners in your haste to lash out, perhaps you should worry about how you actually choose to be ignorant in your partisanship.

Want this to go away? Have Kavanaugh take a polygraph, just like Ford did. What's the concern?

Back
Top Bottom