• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh until FBI investigates assault allegations

Hers the problem: democrats arent going to vote for him no matter what any investigation uncovers. If dems were interested in an honest inquiry and an honest process then a deeper investigation might be worthwhile. But they arent, so its not.

And Republicans will vote for him no matter what. This is what politics in America looks like now.

He started out with a conscious decision to take the fight to the Dems...and he did. And yes, he was angry. I don't blame him. I'd be angry too if I was the victim of targeted attacks against me and my family for nothing more than political purposes. He effectively identified those Dems in his opening statement.

After that, he showed those Dem Senators that he wasn't going to take **** from them without giving them some **** right back. Leahy didn't know what hit him. But he went a bit too far with Klobuchar...he apologized...and he dialed back his rhetoric. But he had already made his point. Those Senators couldn't touch him after that.

He didn't show any "bad temper". He showed justified anger. He didn't show "political bias". He exposed the Dem's callous attempt to disrupt the Senate confirmation process that gave no care to the effects of their attempt on the lives of others.

You're talking like you know he's innocent. Were you at that party as well??

We also saw many indications of Kavanaugh's bad temper repeatedly as well as his political bias.Maybe he hit the booze before testifying and during the breaks.

Why is it ok to smear him like this but not Ford? There was zero evidence of a 'bad temper.' Thats just you aping liberal talking points instead of thinking for yourself. As for bias, use your head. He was the victim of a hyper-partisan hit job. If he wasnt biased before, he is now and rightly so.

How about the Republicans?. Are they interested in an honest inquiry and an honest process for a deeper investigation that might be worthwhile?

The republicans on the committee investigated this and, if you were listening, the democrats refused to participate.

You're talking like you know he's innocent. Were you at that party as well??

Democrats have been talking as if he is guilty for weeks. Did you call them out as well?

He started out with a conscious decision to take the fight to the Dems...and he did. And yes, he was angry. I don't blame him. I'd be angry too if I was the victim of targeted attacks against me and my family for nothing more than political purposes. He effectively identified those Dems in his opening statement.

After that, he showed those Dem Senators that he wasn't going to take **** from them without giving them some **** right back. Leahy didn't know what hit him. But he went a bit too far with Klobuchar...he apologized...and he dialed back his rhetoric. But he had already made his point. Those Senators couldn't touch him after that.

He didn't show any "bad temper". He showed justified anger. He didn't show "political bias". He exposed the Dem's callous attempt to disrupt the Senate confirmation process that gave no care to the effects of their attempt on the lives of others.

Incorrect.He showed both bad temper and political bias in his opening statement when he mentioned Trump and Clinton with his red face and antagonistic rhetoric before he was asked one question.

Why is it ok to smear him like this but not Ford? There was zero evidence of a 'bad temper.' Thats just you aping liberal talking points instead of thinking for yourself. As for bias, use your head. He was the victim of a hyper-partisan hit job. If he wasnt biased before, he is now and rightly so.

You just admitted he is now unqualified to sit on SCOTUS due to his political bias..Thank you

The republicans on the committee investigated this and, if you were listening, the democrats refused to participate.

Actually,when Durbin asked Kavanaugh if he would 'personally' ask the committee to have the FBI investigate these new allegations to clear his name,Kavanaugh opted to deflect and defer to the committee's decision.A clear indication he in no way is interested in clearing his name by 'personally' asking for the FBI to investigate these new allegations.

I’m not sure if you are ignorant or just ....

Ford has claimed many different things about the incident. When it happened, how many were involved, etc.

If you aren’t open to the possibility that Ford was raped and that Kavanuagh had nothing to do with it then you are a partisan hack.

And judging by your previous posts...

!?

You just declared somebody was ignorant....then ignorantly declared that Ford's issue was that she was raped, which has absolutely never been the case.

And despite Ford passing a polygraph on the event, conservatives prefer to simply choose to blindly trust Kavanaugh, who would probably refuse to take a polygraph.

- In the meantime, the right-wing media chooses to entertain the idea that a widely published university professor has nothing to lose with this accusation.
- In the meantime, the right-wing media chose to use a student's 2014 teacher review...on the wrong teacher...to discredit Ford.
- In the meantime, the right-wing media has chosen to focus on an exaggerated narrative of "different claims."
- In the meantime, the right-wing media has gone as far as to actually try to get the former FBI agent, who administrated the polygraph, to discredit it entirely.

Clearly, the partisan hackery resides on the side of conservatives. For some reason, you people seem to care more about Kavanaugh, thus yourselves, "winning" than the actual seat.

Actually,when Durbin asked Kavanaugh if he would 'personally' ask the committee to have the FBI investigate these new allegations to clear his name,Kavanaugh opted to deflect and defer to the committee's decision.A clear indication he in no way is interested in clearing his name by asking for the FBI to investigate these new allegations.

Kavanaugh, like Biden, but unlike Durbin, knows the FBI does not investigate such matters and their findings would not add to the evidence even if they did. Democrats would like for the FBI or special prosecuting Muellers to investigate all sorts of allegations against conservatives, but they abhor the suggestion that any democrat or act of any leftist liberal be investigated

Kavanaugh, like Biden, but unlike Durbin, knows the FBI does not investigate such matters and their findings would not add to the evidence even if they did. Democrats would like for the FBI or special prosecuting Muellers to investigate all sorts of allegations against conservatives, but they abhor the suggestion that any democrat or act of any leftist liberal be investigated

Off topic as usual..dismissed

Actually,when Durbin asked Kavanaugh if he would 'personally' ask the committee to have the FBI investigate these new allegations to clear his name,Kavanaugh opted to deflect and defer to the committee's decision.A clear indication he in no way is interested in clearing his name by 'personally' asking for the FBI to investigate these new allegations.

He did state his reasoning: Ms. Forde's witnesses have said she is wrong. What, he asked, could be investigated?

Logic 101 - This makes complete sense. Investigate the charges. If true, the go after Kavanaugh with full force of the law. If false, then go after Ford the same way.

Somebody committed perjury here, and whoever it turns out to be should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/politics/kavanaugh-american-bar-association/index.html

lol...ford should be investigated first. She had no evidence at all, he had a frign calendar from the whole summer detailing where he was and what he did. So to everyone out there...the quicker you investigate ford, the quicker we can get to kavanaugh, until then its innocent until proven guilty. If you wanted the FBI involved Feinstein shouldnt have withheld the accusation for 60 freakn days! Nope f the dems and the horse they ride in on. Ford needs to be investigated. Her story was full of holes and her own friend refuted her. Nothing in kavanaughs testimony indicated he lied. He reduced dems to scouring over fart jokes in his yearbook. Thats how pathetic dems are.

Logic 101 - This makes complete sense. Investigate the charges. If true, the go after Kavanaugh with full force of the law. If false, then go after Ford the same way.

Somebody committed perjury here, and whoever it turns out to be should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/politics/kavanaugh-american-bar-association/index.html

No more delays. The dems knew of these allegations back in July and are using them as a kind of filibuster to delay the nomination of a likely innocent victim. The Senate neede to confirm Kavanaugh and end this charade, then they need to go after Feinstein for her lies and potentially Ford for being their pawn.

Incorrect.He showed both bad temper and political bias in his opening statement when he mentioned Trump and Clinton with his red face and antagonistic rhetoric before he was asked one question.

I just showed you that his anger was justified, as was his attack on the Dem Senators who disregarded his safety, his reputation and the safety of his own family as well as the safety and reputation of Ms. Ford and her family for the purpose of disrupting the Senate confirmation process. You choose to spin this into him being the bad guy. So it goes.

I won't try to change your mind. I'll just agree to disagree.

Moving on...

He did state his reasoning: Ms. Forde's witnesses have said she is wrong. What, he asked, could be investigated?

Fact remains,if he truly wanted to do 'everything' possible to clear his name,he would have taken Durbin's suggestion,and ask the committee to have the FBI investigate these new allegations.Something he clearly doesn't want to take place.

I just showed you that his anger was justified, as was his attack on the Dem Senators who disregarded his safety, his reputation and the safety of his own family as well as the safety and reputation of Ms. Ford and her family for the purpose of disrupting the Senate confirmation process. You choose to spin this into him being the bad guy. So it goes.

I won't try to change your mind. I'll just agree to disagree.

Moving on...

Fair enuff. Nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree.

Bull. One of the points of an investigation is to find out if there's any evidence. The police do it all the time.

Not when they were never asked to and the 'accuser' waits over 36 years to remember some things. Why did nobody ask Ford why she had developed a sudden fear of flying? It would be very easy to investigate whether she has flown on aircraft in the recent past.

Fact remains,if he truly wanted to do 'everything' possible to clear his name,he would have taken Durbin's suggestion,and ask the committee to have the FBI investigate these new allegations.Something he clearly doesn't want to take place.

He didn't need the FBI to clear his name. He did a very good job of that with his own testimony and his own actual evidence.

Oh, BS, it's in the Senate Committee Record, look it up for yourself. I watched it, I heard it first hand. If you didn't, then google one of the many videos that reveal what really happened, then try to defend it. I know what I saw, what I heard; if you did not, there are myriad cable channels and videos that you can use to pretend that those of us who watched every minute of what happened was a "lie", and what and what Lindsay Graham screeched to the rooftops is god's plan for the Jesus-blessed republican party.

The only problem is that Judge Cavanaugh was lying, and Dr. Ford was not.

So, you're not willing to provide evidence for your claim. Why shouldn't I dismiss you? The Senate has a letter from Ms. Keyser's attorney who quoted Ms. Keyser. I've seen that. Why should I dismiss that on your say so?

He didn't need the FBI to clear his name. He did a very good job of that with his own testimony and his own actual evidence.

I think we are back to agreeing to disagree. :)...moving on...

Has Kavanaugh at least taken a polygraph?

Ford freely took one in August because she was sure of her memory. And according to her memory of the event, she passed (though FOX News really tried to get the retired agent who gave Ford the polygraph test to discredit it and wants to focus on key details in order scrap the event entirely.)

It seems to me that a polygraph for Kavanaugh would help him if he is also sure of his denial of the event. That would pretty much kill it in the world of opinion.

I don't know if he has or not, for this specific instance. But considering his background I would find it extremely hard to think that he hasn't taken one at some point in his life. Don't you?

That (bolded above) assertion is not true. Perjury requires the intent to deceive under oath not merely giving testimony that turns out to be unprovable, contradicted by other facts (or testimony) or leave room for reasonable doubt. Ford may well honestly believe that Kavanaugh (and Judge?) tried to rape her 36 years ago. Kavanaugh (and Judge?) may honestly believe that they have no such memory from 36 years ago.

I agree, except don't delay the vote. If true he can be removed. If the Democrats were truly not in this for the delay of appointment, and cared about the truth, that would be a perfect compromise. Think they would agree to it.

Back
Top Bottom