• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alleged driver of car that plowed into Charlottesville crowd was a Nazi sympathizer,

Re: Alleged driver of car that plowed into Charlottesville crowd was a Nazi sympathiz

He was going slow after hit with bat u can hear the thump he gave it gas

Remember what happened to Reginald Denny!

So is the guy that swung the deadly weapon going to be charged?

Re: Alleged driver of car that plowed into Charlottesville crowd was a Nazi sympathiz

Has the DOJ and FBI started an investigation of the thug with the bat
who set in motion the tragedy that happened? The kid driving was afraid
for his life.

Guy was under control, driving slow.

Guy in grey sweatshirt strikes car with bb bat.

Car accelerates.

These people think they are ENTITLED to bash cars with bats and driver not freak out?

um I was agreeing with you.

Sorry, I meant the royal we :) (I spent 6 hours driving today, dead ass tired.)

Guy was under control, driving slow.

Guy in grey sweatshirt strikes car with bb bat.

Car accelerates.

These people think they are ENTITLED to bash cars with bats and driver not freak out?

Look at you, being an apologist for a racist murderer.

Having sympathy for crime victims got you a "like". The idea that the political ideals of a criminal make their criminal acts into terrorism is off the mark. This moron, coward and criminal will no doubt try to excuse his latest criminal action as self defense - alleging that the evil antifa folks were threatening him and that he had to escape.

If he was politically motivated to run down random protesters with differing political views, then it is terrorism in the same way the muslim attacks on the general population are terrorism or attacks on a mosque our terrorism. If your agenda is political, you don't specifically know your victims and your victims meet a certain class of people, then its terrorism. Terrorism is all about the intent of those carrying out the acts of violence.

Terrorists seek to leverage a single act into a great fear on the people they wish to terrorize.

Terrorism: The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property in order to coerce or intimidate a government or the civilian population in furtherance of political or social objectives.

I'm going to disagree on the terrorism part.

The definition of terrorism has expanded to include a lot of other violent activities.

Bombing occupying soldiers for instance is commonly called terrorism.

It is not. It is asymmetrical warfare.

The original definition of terrorism is acts that are done specifically to frighten a population into pressuring its government to change its policies due to that fear.

I don't see how he thought his actions were going to do anything but the opposite of what he would like to see. We're not going to expel all the minorities to make people like him stop driving cars into crowds.

The 911 terrorists DID get us to change our ways in response. Which is a win for them, by the way.

So politically inspired murder. Perhaps an act of war by an unlawful combatant.

But not terrorism by any reasonable definition.

As per above, terrorism is not just about changing a government's position on something. It appears you have an impression that terrorism is a narrower term than it actually is. Once you understand the boarder definition your argument, while it may not fall apart, at least offers a reasonable definition of terrorism that yesterday's event may meet.

Last edited:

I'm confused. I haven't watched the news today, but yesterday wasn't the press reporting that he was afraid and did it accidentally? And didn't the media report that cops thought that as well?

Damned fine reporting.

That was before people saw the video.

Maybe he was texting?
LOL, yeah, that must have been it.

Another domestic terrorist that has murdered someone. And the gutless, weak president won't call it terrorism, and won't call out the white supremacist swine that is doing this terrorism.

Shame on Trump, shame on his supporters.

Even Ted Cruz called it domestic Terrorism

:lamo

helluva joke there. congrats.
Full disclosure I borrowed it from george carlin

really old album not even on video but the album name was toledo window box

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

If he was politically motivated to run down random protesters with differing political views, then it is terrorism in the same way the muslim attacks on the general population are terrorism or attacks on a mosque our terrorism. If your agenda is political, you don't specifically know your victims and your victims meet a certain class of people, then its terrorism Terrorists seek to leverage a single act into a great fear on the people they wish to terrorize.

Yep, it's all about the motive. The trial will hinge on that but I have yet to see any terrorism charges.

Look at you, being an apologist for a racist murderer.

So your wife drives slow into a crowd of thugs with bats, car gets hit hard with bat she gives it gas kills someone

Is she a murderer?

So your wife drives slow into a crowd of thugs with bats, car gets hit hard with bat she gives it gas kills someone

Is she a murderer?

People aren't allowed to try and stop a terrorist from conducting an attack anymore?

Motive is the key for terrorism or a 'hate crime'. Does your alleged "terrorist" proudly claim that was his intent?
First of all, terrorism and hate crimes can be different things, so I have no idea why you're bringing hate crime into it. Secondly, many terrorists don't live to proclaim their motives, so you would be ruling out pretty much any suicide bomber. Thirdly, there is nothing to stop him from lying about it after the fact, so his words may or may not add any value.

All you have to do is look at the political consequences of a white nationalist going from Ohio to Virginia to participate in a far-right rally and then mowing down a bunch of people who opposed his political group. It's a terrorizing activity that can't be viewed outside of a political lens.

Yeah, but there was a lot going on there and we don't know what he had been doing prior to the crash. Let me give you two scenarios. I am putting myself into his head and trying to think like he might have. These obviously aren't how I personally feel.

A. Fields finds out there is going to be a Nazi rally and that there will also be counter-protesters there. He figures the counter-protesters will be a bunch of minorities and "race traitors". This could be his big opportunity to strike a blow for the cause. He has seen footage of how much damage a vehicle can do. So he makes plan to crash his vehicle into as many of the counter-protesters as possible to do the most damage. He goes to the rally, bides his time, and finds what he thinks is the perfect spot to make his move and he steps on the gas.

B. Fields finds out there is going to be a Nazi rally. He decides to go and march with them in solidarity. But during the march all these minorities and race traitors show up. "Go to your own damn rally", he thinks. And then things start getting violent. People are throwing stuff at each other and throwing punches. WTF?! Someone just spit on him! Now his blood is boiling. He always did have a bad temper but what right do these people have to come interfere with his first amendment right and spit on him and throw things at him? He walks away from the protest in a rage at what just happened to him. They want to fight? Yeah, well he'll show them. He gets into his car. "Throw things at me?!" he says to himself as he steps on the gas.

Scenario A is terrorism. Scenario B is murder in the heat of the moment. Both are horrible and both should earn him life behind bars. But they aren't both terrorism. And right now we don't know which of those scenarios is most similar to what actually happened.
Terrorism can absolutely be a heat of the moment, anger fueled decision. He obviously didn't care who the particular people were that he was running over. I don't think he could have known who he was going to hit. This wasn't a personal issue with the people in that street. What mattered was what side they were on politically.

I'm confused. I haven't watched the news today, but yesterday wasn't the press reporting that he was afraid and did it accidentally? And didn't the media report that cops thought that as well?

Damned fine reporting.

No, some right wing blogs reported this because they wanted to preemptively justify the actions of a right wing terrorists. They wanted to make liberals into the real criminals. They attacked him, it was self defense! That's why he dorove an entire block straight at a crowd of people!

Terrorist sympathizers reported this.

So it's terrorism when a Muslim does it in London or Paris, but not when a white Nazi does it in Charlottevile. OK.

Never said that.

If they were obviously committing an act of terrorism, like announcing it or claiming responsibility, just back from a training camp, etc. Then yes.

If just some rage act? No.

It's sticky because their IS organized Islamic terrorism.

But on the other hand, Palestinians attacking MILITARY targets in Israel is not. Its assymetrical warfare. Launching random missiles into civilian areas IS.

My point was to the overbroad use of the term itself.

Barring a claim of responsibility by some groups he belongs to with a terrorist agenda/manifesto, then I don't believe this fits the useful definition of the term.

The way its used now by the states, anyone who actively opposes the US and doesn't gather in one place for and provide cruise missile coordinates is labeled a terrorist.

But us drone bombing them isn't.

Never said that.

If they were obviously committing an act of terrorism, like announcing it or claiming responsibility, just back from a training camp, etc. Then yes.

If just some rage act? No.

It's sticky because their IS organized Islamic terrorism.

But on the other hand, Palestinians attacking MILITARY targets in Israel is not. Its assymetrical warfare. Launching random missiles into civilian areas IS.

My point was to the overbroad use of the term itself.

Barring a claim of responsibility by some groups he belongs to with a terrorist agenda/manifesto, then I don't believe this fits the useful definition of the term.

The way its used now by the states, anyone who actively opposes the US and doesn't gather in one place for and provide cruise missile coordinates is labeled a terrorist.

But us drone bombing them isn't.

He drove from Ohio to be there and march with his nazi brotherhood. Then he climbed in his car and murdered a protester while injuring a further twenty or so. He used violence for political ends. He's a terrorist.

Is she a murderer?

False equivalence.

You are giving aid and cover to a nazi white supremacist that murdered someone.

Have you no shame?

Driver’s Car With Baseball Bat

https://streamable.com/21gc9

after hit with bat is when he gave it gas

That video is edited to make it appear as you have described. Full video is found here, about 32 seconds in (first 32 seconds show crash from a different angle):

Videos show car crash into protesters - CNN Video

Pretty clear the driver had already gunned it when the guy stepped out with whatever he had in his hands--possibly a bat. Pics of the rear of the car after the "bat" incident don't show any dents that would have been the result of any bashing. See here:

Violence erupts at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia

It's not clear that the fellow in question had a bat in his hand, or just what he was doing, though it seems likely he was reacting reflexively to a threat. But even if he did actually hit the car with something, the driver was already speeding toward the crowd, and his car was probably never actually hit with a bat.

Last edited:

That video is edited to make it appear as you have described. Full video is found here, about 32 seconds in (first 32 seconds show crash from a different angle):

Videos show car crash into protesters - CNN Video

Pretty clear the driver had already gunned it when the guy stepped out with the bat. Pics of the rear of the car after the "bat" incident don't show any dents that would have been the result of any bashing. See here:

Violence erupts at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia

It's not clear that the fellow in question had a bat in his hand, or just what he was doing, though it seems likely he was reacting reflexively to a threat. But even if he did actually hit the car with something, the driver was already speeding toward the crowd, and his car was probably never actually hit with a bat.
The second video is not in full, about 3 seconds is missing but all that is important in those 3 seconds is the audio the car is not seen in it

Criminal? Sure.
Terrorist? How so?
No difference between this and ISIS action in The London bridge car terrorism and Nice. When Muslims are involved, there seems to be no hesitation labeling events terrorism.

Last edited:

Well, he does have the right to be a Nazi. It is the right to murder or hurt people that he doesn't have. Do you not agree with that?

People have the right to be whoever they want to be, but after you read this article put out by the Daily Stormer, you will see them for the low life POS they really are. They truly have no part in this, or any other civilized society.

https://www.dailystormer.com/heathe...ncident-was-a-fat-childless-32-year-old-slut/

OK, but do all killers that ran over folks become terrorists?

Why do you defend this Nazi terrorist? He removed the license plates, parked in waiting with tinted windows and gunned the gas and sped down the street full of people. When hitting vehicles, he gunned it in reverse running over other victims. Any reasonable person would conclude this was premeditated and intentional.

When this happened elsewhere, it was clearly terrorism.

Why do you defend this Nazi terrorist? He removed the license plates, parked in waiting with tinted windows and gunned the gas and sped down the street full of people. When hitting vehicles, he gunned it in reverse running over other victims. Any reasonable person would conclude this was premeditated and intentional.

When this happened elsewhere, it was clearly terrorism.

I can't believe he is only charged with second degree murder. It should be capital murder.

Back
Top Bottom