• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alleged driver of car that plowed into Charlottesville crowd was a Nazi sympathizer,

Re: Alleged driver of car that plowed into Charlottesville crowd was a Nazi sympathiz

Alleged driver of car that plowed into Charlottesville crowd was a Nazi sympathizer, former teacher says

My deepest condolences to the family of Heather D. Heyer and prayers to all who were injured by Fields, an apparent fascist terrorist.

The irony is, the result of the attack did nothing to further the neo-nazi cause and it doesn't prove that Neo-nazis were not responsible for the violence.

Re: Alleged driver of car that plowed into Charlottesville crowd was a Nazi sympathiz

Now lets all be good little defenders of our liberties and defend this guys right to be a nazi and hand out hard shields to be used as weapons against others at a hate rally. :doh:roll:

Yes. Let's be left wing haters of others freedoms by blaming them for everything some nut case that is not a democrat does.

Do we blame all black peoples for the mayhem in Chicago?

You are so totally phony.

Now lets all be good little defenders of our liberties and defend this guys right to be a nazi and hand out hard shields to be used as weapons against others at a hate rally. :doh:roll:

Go for it.

Well, he does have the right to be a Nazi. It is the right to murder or hurt people that he doesn't have. Do you not agree with that?

Yes, he has the right to be a nazi. And we have the right to strongly voice our opposition to that position and views and any actions which stem from it.

But I am really a bad person to ask about this since my father spent parts of two years in a German Nazi prison camp - several in fact - in 1944 and 45 and went through hell in the experience. So my sympathies for this scumbags rights are not as strong as they probably should be.

Alleged driver of car that plowed into Charlottesville crowd was a Nazi sympathizer, former teacher says

My deepest condolences to the family of Heather D. Heyer and prayers to all who were injured by Fields, an apparent fascist terrorist.

Another domestic terrorist that has murdered someone. And the gutless, weak president won't call it terrorism, and won't call out the white supremacist swine that is doing this terrorism.

Shame on Trump, shame on his supporters.

Yes. Let's be left wing haters of others freedoms by blaming them for everything some nut case that is not a democrat does.

Do we blame all black peoples for the mayhem in Chicago?

You are so totally phony.

Your post makes no sense. I am attacking the nazi scum who invaded Virginia. Thats a pretty specific group and far far far far from your sick and delusional all black people in Chicago.

The amount of hoops being jumped through in some of these threads by some posters to defend these people is sickening

You may be right. But I've learned to never put much stock into 'coincidence'.

Was it coincidence that this was the only murder associated with these "terrorists" at that event? ;)

Hate should never be a crime so I dont care if the perp hates some people, though killing people often is a crime, and killing people on purpose is a crime even more often.

The dissecting the poltical beliefs of the criminal is so much masturbation.

The amount of hoops being jumped through in some of these threads by some posters to defend these people is sickening

Your president doesn't have the balls to call out terrorist racist murdering nazi white supremacists by name.

Fact.

Try to dispute that.

How is it not? Perhaps you think it is extreme coincidence that the crowd of people he intentionally rammed through had opposing political viewpoints to his own? I'm not even sure what needs to be explained here.

Yeah, but there was a lot going on there and we don't know what he had been doing prior to the crash. Let me give you two scenarios. I am putting myself into his head and trying to think like he might have. These obviously aren't how I personally feel.

A. Fields finds out there is going to be a Nazi rally and that there will also be counter-protesters there. He figures the counter-protesters will be a bunch of minorities and "race traitors". This could be his big opportunity to strike a blow for the cause. He has seen footage of how much damage a vehicle can do. So he makes plan to crash his vehicle into as many of the counter-protesters as possible to do the most damage. He goes to the rally, bides his time, and finds what he thinks is the perfect spot to make his move and he steps on the gas.

B. Fields finds out there is going to be a Nazi rally. He decides to go and march with them in solidarity. But during the march all these minorities and race traitors show up. "Go to your own damn rally", he thinks. And then things start getting violent. People are throwing stuff at each other and throwing punches. WTF?! Someone just spit on him! Now his blood is boiling. He always did have a bad temper but what right do these people have to come interfere with his first amendment right and spit on him and throw things at him? He walks away from the protest in a rage at what just happened to him. They want to fight? Yeah, well he'll show them. He gets into his car. "Throw things at me?!" he says to himself as he steps on the gas.

Scenario A is terrorism. Scenario B is murder in the heat of the moment. Both are horrible and both should earn him life behind bars. But they aren't both terrorism. And right now we don't know which of those scenarios is most similar to what actually happened.

Yes. But at least then it would correspond to a MO of a number of related organizations. Possibly it is the case here too, but nobody has shown such MO to my knowledge.

Ah. Now I see what you are driving at (no pun intended). Let's see if I can explain where I see an MO.

In this attack, the guy driving into the crowd copied what we've seen Muslims do with trucks and vans. So, much like how Tim McVeigh copied the same idea seen in the first WTC bombing: wheel a truck full of fertilizer and fuel oil up to a target, walk away, and ignite it from a distance; the punk yesterday simply grabbed the best weapon available and followed a plan seen on TV or on the Web over the past year or so.

So, call it copy cat terrorism or just terror by using whatever is available, it's still an act of terrorism. In fact, I bet this wasn't even premeditated terror, at least not planned out for more than a few minutes--probably something this punk cooked up the minute his little Hate Rally was shut down. After all, who plans out a scheme requiring someone to smash up their own $25K car? But that doesn't really matter.

While the lone murder was connected with the protest (that was what drew him to VA) it was not part of the protest. Why do I make that assertion? - the very words of the (alleged) murder who claims no such intent.
Motive is the key for terrorism or a 'hate crime'. Does your alleged "terrorist" proudly claim that was his intent?
Please, share with us all, these "words" from the driver.

Your president doesn't have the balls to call out terrorist racist murdering nazi white supremacists by name.

Fact.

Try to dispute that.

I think you'll find yourself sorely mistaken if you think ModerateGOP is a trump fan.

Having sympathy for crime victims got you a "like". The idea that the political ideals of a criminal make their criminal acts into terrorism is off the mark. This moron, coward and criminal will no doubt try to excuse his latest criminal action as self defense - alleging that the evil antifa folks were threatening him and that he had to escape.
yeah I was gonna give him a like too till I got to the statement of it being apparent terrorism. It might be terrorism but its premature to declare it as being that. The only thing that can be fairly said right now is that a known bigot tragicly committed vehicular manslaughter at a protest that turned violent. For all any of know the guy was high on drugs or scared and in a panicked flee.

I think this is a case of seeing the desperation from the media and the left to find something to counter all the violent behavior coming from them. They are overly anxious to jump at the first indication of a far right guy acting as deplorable as they are looking for some vindication.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Another domestic terrorist that has murdered someone. And the gutless, weak president won't call it terrorism, and won't call out the white supremacist swine that is doing this terrorism.

I wonder why trump won't use the phrase "Christian Terrorism?"

You may be right. But I've learned to never put much stock into 'coincidence'.

Until the next a Muslim screams alluah akbar and kills some folks. Then...it'll be a random crime.

I wonder why trump won't use the phrase "Christian Terrorism?"

Does Fields represent Christianity as a whole?

Wow...just wow.

How many times have you pushed the "Islam is a religion of violence" mantra with the actions of a few terrorists?

Nope. Not at all. He absolutely doesn't. Now put that shoe on the other foot when trump and the right were constantly saying this:

"These are radical Islamic terrorists, and (Hillary Clinton) won't even mention the word."
— Donald Trump on Sunday, October 9th, 2016 in the second presidential debate​

Criminal? Sure.
Terrorist? How so?

Just out of curiosity, how tightly do you want the word "terrorist" defined.

For example, is it terrorism to kill enemy soldiers with an IED? We call them that.

IMO lots of things described as "terrorism" simply aren't. I don't think he hoped to effect political change, but I would consider it an act of "war", because he was killing strangers who he disagreed with.

It was about their beliefs, and the threat and anger he felt towards them because of those beliefs.

Maybe this is the first "shot" in a civil war.

Might be good for us, in the long run.

Please, share with us all, these "words" from the driver.

The news stories all seem to lack direct quotes but rest assured that if the police/DA had motive then the charges would reflect that.

Many are already calling the incident an act of domestic terrorism, but it was not originally known if the driver acted out of panic or malice. His motive is still not confirmed, but he has been charged with second-degree murder, among other crimes related to the incident.

3 Dead and 34 Injured After White-Nationalist Rally in VA

I am sure that the feds are looking into possible civil rights, hate crime and/or terrorism charges but let's wait and see before we jump to the conclusion that this moron, coward and criminal is actually a terrorist.

Until the next a Muslim screams alluah akbar and kills some folks. Then...it'll be a random crime.

No apdst, if I think it's terrorism, I call it terrorism no matter whether whether its religious or secular terrorism.

If this dudes name was Mohammad, you'd have screamed terrorist faster than Trump can tell a lie.

Fact.

Try to dispute that.

um I was agreeing with you.

Back
Top Bottom