• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Adam Schiff Opening Statement On Trump Wiretapping Claims Comey Testifies 3 20 17

Adam Schiff Opening Statement On Trump Wiretapping Claims Comey Testifies 3 20 17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSa9-BC7LM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Schiff lays out a compelling case for a very broad, expanded investigation into Russian influence in regard to the 2016 Presidential election.

Mr. Schiff is a former Federal prosecutor & and listening to the video it is pretty obvious he has been doing some serious homework.

After listening to Schiff's comments on Trump's associates I bet they are a bit uncomfortable; Schiff is dead serious.

He's another California crackpot. He's just trying to protect his seat.

He's another California crackpot. He's just trying to protect his seat.

DP member Beaudreaux upgraded Mr. Schiff from, "a political hack" to a, "very talented lawyer."

maybe you could reconsider :lol:

You seem to think that not revealing evidence of the claim your (sic) think he made is evidence of the claim your (sic) think he made.
Good grief, yer losin' it.
Guess when else the FBI wouldn't disclose evidence of collusion? WHEN THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION.
They don't reveal info until the end of an investigation.

No, that isn't what I am saying. I am saying that Comey DIDN'T confirm that there is an ongoing investigation into Trump as you and others want so desperately to believe.
Uh, he did, I pointed to his saying so yesterday.

No, he didn't. He took the extraordinary step to announce that the FBI was investigating the Russians in connection with the US election and that he would investigating any connections between Trump and the Russians, he didn't say there were any being pursued.
Any WHAT? Frigging ENGLISH, FFS! Make a complete statement, fer gawds sake.

Does anyone besides me feel that this idea that Donald Trump has so much knowledge and influence in the political arena, that back last year or before, he contrived this extraordinary plan to partner with the Russians to rig the election against Hillary so that he would win? I mean seriously. I love the man - think he's a mastermind for having won this Presidency but there is no way on this green earth that he managed to pull this plan off.

I do, however, believe Barack Obama was capable of and did manipulate all powers at his disposal to impact the election in favor of Hillary. I believe, that all of the powers at be last year, were in denial of just how much the American Pubic were sick of the way the country was headed.

All you managed to do was confirm to all that you are a hopeless partisan who could care less if Trump sold his soul to Putin as long as your side wins. Trump's people are acting guilty, Trump still has not said one bad word about Putin, and the FBI investigation continues.
It has nothing to do with Obama.

As far as it being Trumps idea to partner with the Russians I agree it was not his....it was all Putin. That is what he does and Trump was just amoral enough to go for it.

Last edited:
Good grief, yer losin' it.
They don't reveal info until the end of an investigation.

Uh, he did, I pointed to his saying so yesterday.

Any WHAT? Frigging ENGLISH, FFS! Make a complete statement, fer gawds sake.

face it; you're dealing with someone that does not understand online forums, or language ........

DP member Beaudreaux upgraded Mr. Schiff from, "a political hack" to a, "very talented lawyer."

maybe you could reconsider :lol:

Maybe you should consider the two aren't exclusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSa9-BC7LM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Schiff lays out a compelling case for a very broad, expanded investigation into Russian influence in regard to the 2016 Presidential election.

Mr. Schiff is a former Federal prosecutor & and listening to the video it is pretty obvious he has been doing some serious homework.

After listening to Schiff's comments on Trump's associates I bet they are a bit uncomfortable; Schiff is dead serious.

Lol !! Schiff repeats talking points to keep the tin hattery alive and to keep the wool pulled down over your very eyes and you devote a thread to him ?

Imagine how foolish all of you people are going to feel when you realize there was never any evidence of collusion. That this was all made up by the Democrat party and the Obama admin to justify surveillance of a Political candidate

Well, the Democrat party and Schiff cant have you people wising up, nope. They need to keep you people entertained and fooled as long as possible.

Lol !! Schiff repeats talking points to keep the tin hattery alive and to keep the wool pulled down over your very eyes and you devote a thread to him ?

Imagine how foolish all of you people are going to feel when you realize there was never any evidence of collusion. That this was all made up by the Democrat party and the Obama admin to justify surveillance of a Political candidate

Well, the Democrat party and Schiff cant have you people wising up, nope. They need to keep you people entertained and fooled as long as possible.

if the investigations demonstrate no evidence of collusion then that will be that.
This is one reason why many don't understand why Trump supporters & Trump himself don't seem to want the transparency that an investigation would offer.
That in & of itself says a lot .......

....... it took over two years for the Watergate investigations to pan out ..... :duel ...... but then we all know what happened next ..... bu bye .....

Last edited:
It works in chrome and ie on w7 and w10. upgrade, Mr "CS" expert.

TinyURL and services like it (such as your tink) do web-redirection that, at one point, were necessary in apps like Twitter where all characters were hard capped, so if you wanted to provide a link it was required to use such a service otherwise you'd eat your 140 characters and more in the link alone. It's old news. When you work in a secure DOD facility, or any business that gives a damn about internet security these days, the very behavior of sites like tinyURL and services like it are actively blocked by policy as the behavior is indistinguishable from redirect hacks on the client side... and indeed, sites like TinyURL and services like it are used specifically to redirect the unsuspecting rubes to pages they would otherwise not want to click. If you value your security, you will block and stop using tinyURL style links. They are no longer necessary, especially on an internet forum and ESPECIALLY especially on an forum that will turn full NYT links into handy hyperlinks of of article headline.

So yeah, your links will never work with me and it isn't because I am ignorant, it is because I know more than you do.

TinyURL and services like it (such as your tink) do web-redirection that, at one point, were necessary in apps like Twitter where all characters were hard capped, so if you wanted to provide a link it was required to use such a service otherwise you'd eat your 140 characters and more in the link alone. It's old news. When you work in a secure DOD facility, or any business that gives a damn about internet security these days, the very behavior of sites like tinyURL and services like it are actively blocked by policy as the behavior is indistinguishable from redirect hacks on the client side... and indeed, sites like TinyURL and services like it are used specifically to redirect the unsuspecting rubes to pages they would otherwise not want to click. If you value your security, you will block and stop using tinyURL style links. They are no longer necessary, especially on an internet forum and ESPECIALLY especially on an forum that will turn full NYT links into handy hyperlinks of of article headline.

So yeah, your links will never work with me and it isn't because I am ignorant, it is because I know more than you do.
Uh, no, it is because of your netwerk, there is nothing wrong with the link. You just made yerself look really bad.....again.

:violin

I don't see that at all. Lots of folks showed up at the town halls, and Russia just was not why they did it. Same for all the marches, protest over the Muslim ban, and more. I was at dinner last night with several pretty staunch liberals and we talked politics most of the night and Russia never came up. Between the group of us, we've written at least 20 letters, made many more phone calls and several had already attended protests (4 were from a major city with several opportunities, and two sisters were in D.C. for the Women's March).

And we just watched the GOP ride endless BS investigations into victory across the country - they had little positive agenda beyond HELL NO!, and that the investigations were really mostly a complete bust hurt NO ONE in the GOP.

Anyway, I get the point but at this stage, NOT pursuing it would be IMO just stupid, at least until the FBI completes its investigation. And there's a point where it goes overboard but I haven't really seen that yet.

I disagree, There are people in town halls across the country protesting, way too many were hillary voters or supporters angry that trump got elected.

Also on the investigation in benghazi, it was a joke. They did lie to the american people, but there was really nothing there to charge them with, and the investigation was pure grandstanding. However the hillary email debacle was an accident that got discovered during benghazi hearings. So far I think the democrats want to beat the record for benghazi as longest investigation that went nowhere.

To top it off, Comey anouncing they had been investigating trump for a while, as well as investigating infowars does not bode well, it by the day is starting to look like the previous administration was aiming to sabotage the republican party rather than a meaningful investigation. Further investigation might roll both ways, and the further they dig into trump, the more likely it is the more they find democrat and republican senators on the same target list. This investigation could hurt many politicians besides trump, and is a risky gamble for those politicians pushing to go deeper.

Now on the democrats last election, they lost because they abandoned middle america, put unions on the side burner, make the economy a low issue, and put identity politics and wedge issues their main priority. They basically repeated the southern move, where they kicked southerners to the curb yet expected their allegience. instead nixon scooped them up. In the last election hillary kicked the rust belt and middle america to the curb hoping to still get their votes, and trump scooped them up.

They need to focus on why they lost and correct it, and re connect with their constituents and regain their votes, not push ssm and bathroom issues as the top priority, when john and jane doe can't afford rent or food, and the supposed great economy wasn't so great, the last thing they or the majority care about is who can use what bathroom.

Not sure that I would describe Schiff as a political hack, but he is definitely far left wing in his ideology and is dead serious about opposing almost anybody or any policy/idea that is right of center. He was adamantly opposed, for instance, to any effort to impeach the IRS commissioner for that person's role in the IRS scandal involving refusing not for profit status for almost all conservative groups while virtually all applications from leftwing groups sailed through without delay. Are you looking for an election meddling scandal? That was a huge one.

But it is pretty obvious from his voting record and what he approved and what he opposed that he is strictly party line.
https://www.conservativereview.com/members/adam-schiff/liberty-score/

And it is pretty safe to say that will heavily color his argument and point of view in this matter as well. And indulging in a bit of ad hominem opinion: that of course will sound really good to leftwingers on this board who give no credence to any argument but those damning, accusing, or attacking the Trump Administration.

What you describe about his fight to support the IRS Commissioner after the IRS scandal is the very definition of political hackery - to ignore all facts to the contrary while supporting your own political side and defending otherwise indefensible actions due solely to political allegiance.

There are many senior leaders in the Democratic party that I have a good level of personal respect for. Schiff is not one of them.

Uh, no, it is because of your netwerk, there is nothing wrong with the link. You just made yerself look really bad.....again.

As I said, there is something definitely wrong with the link because it doesn't link directly to the web site and therefor is rejected by any reasonable internet security measures.

As I said, there is something definitely wrong with the link because it doesn't link directly to the web site and therefor is rejected by any reasonable internet security measures.
Apparently, no one else has an issue with it.....and yer not interested in what Comey said to begin with since it destroys yer contention that there is no current investigation into the Trump campaign.

When will this Shiff guy stop mimicing Maxine Watters in a more polite & sophisticated way and realize there are
no dragons appearing in the field?

here we are two months later & it looks like we still have a bit of ton hattery goin' on ........... I wonder why?

Back
Top Bottom