• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Adam Schiff Opening Statement On Trump Wiretapping Claims Comey Testifies 3 20 17

She's peripheral the question of collusion itself.

Sorry, it's simply not about her.

The collusion has already been ruled out by the FBI, CIA and NSA. Trump is as much peripheral to the Russia investigation as Clinton.

I didn't give you that much credit or power either. I said ALL the statements -- "... do you feel that all the statements like yours above, will or at least could harm the country?" It is my opinion that all of them together, do. That is an honorable statement, and I believe you.

Being that Oswald didn't own a multi-billion dollar international company, and Trump does... that was never in question.

I back up my 1st amendment with the 2nd.

What kind of harm would ALL THE STATEMENTS like mine do to the USA?

The collusion has already been ruled out by the FBI, CIA and NSA. Trump is as much peripheral to the Russia investigation as Clinton.

That's an awfully active imagination you've got there.

The investigations are ongoing, and it remains to be seen what collusion, if any, occurred.

That's an awfully active imagination you've got there.

The investigations are ongoing, and it remains to be seen what collusion, if any, occurred.

You are the one imagining things. Comey only stated that the FBI would investigate any ties to the Russians, not that there were any currently known, or any currently being investigated. You have simply made assumptions, even though all actual statements on the subject from the FBI, CIA and NSA warn you against such assumptions, and used that to filter what was said.

You want a bucket for the chum?
I don't quite get yer tactic here, I called your pathetic attempt at playing the local forum moralist when you called for no baiting...for what it was, theatrical hypocrisy. You then, ironically, called it "My Bologna", which I pointed out is just another name for BS.

Now you call it "chum", going full circle on your "bait" comments. You just keep making my point and digging yerself deeper.

Carry on...

You are the one imagining things. Comey only stated that the FBI would investigate any ties to the Russians, not that there were any currently known, or any currently being investigated. You have simply made assumptions, even though all actual statements on the subject from the FBI, CIA and NSA warn you against such assumptions, and used that to filter what was said.

Wrong. There are ongoing investigations, as he clarified.

You seem to be nervous about accepting the basic reality of this situation and what it entails.

Here, let me help you: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/politics/fbi-investigation-trump-russia-comey.html?_r=0

I don't quite get yer tactic here, I called your pathetic attempt at playing the local forum moralist when you called for no baiting...for what it was, theatrical hypocrisy. You then, ironically, called it "My Bologna", which I pointed out is just another name for BS.

Now you call it "chum", going full circle on your "bait" comments. You just keep making my point and digging yerself deeper.

Carry on...

Someone, much like you are right now, attempted to bait me. I refused. I am turning your "point" against you.

Wrong. There are ongoing investigations, as he clarified.

You seem to be nervous about accepting the basic reality of this situation and what it entails.

Here, let me help you: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/politics/fbi-investigation-trump-russia-comey.html?_r=0

The NYT article picks a lovely cherry from the Comey statement. Here it is in context:

"I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counter-intelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. And that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts. As with any counter-intelligence investigation, this will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed. Because it is an open, ongoing, investigation, and is classified, I cannot say more about what we are doing and whose conduct we are examining."

His statement is that the FBI is investigating the Russians for possible attempts to impact the US election... and links between Trump's campaign and the Russians if there are any. That is not a confirmation that there are any. The evidence that has been released by the FBI, CIA and NSA is that there aren't any.

You might want to start coming to terms with that reality now.

The NYT article picks a lovely cherry from the Comey statement. Here it is in context:

"I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counter-intelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. And that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts. As with any counter-intelligence investigation, this will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed. Because it is an open, ongoing, investigation, and is classified, I cannot say more about what we are doing and whose conduct we are examining."

His statement is that the FBI is investigating links between Trump's campaign and the presumed Russian attempts to impact the US election if there are any. That is not a confirmation that there are any.

he has already told YOU, "The investigations are ongoing, and it remains to be seen what collusion, if any, occurred."

sumthin' 'bout that you don't get?

His statement is that the FBI is investigating links between Trump's campaign and the presumed Russian attempts to impact the US election if there are any. That is not a confirmation that there are any.

I never claimed otherwise; only that there are ongoing investigation.

Adam Schiff is a political hack that for nothing more than political gain is endangering the country by making accusations of treason by the sitting President without any evidence whatsoever. At the end of this long, serious, list that impressed you so much, did he say he had any proof, or facts, or evidence to support his claims? Or, did he say he didn't know, and that an investigation would find the truth? And, why wouldn't the FBI Director confirming an FBI investigation into the Russian governments actions to interfere in the US election, and any ties to US persons, and any coordination with the Trump campaign, be exactly what he asked for, which is a non-partisan investigation into the facts?

I've been watching the hearing from the very beginning. The Democrats have already decided what happened. By there own statements and accusations, they have accused the sitting President of treason. They are willing to destroy the country, to topple Trump.

Not sure that I would describe Schiff as a political hack, but he is definitely far left wing in his ideology and is dead serious about opposing almost anybody or any policy/idea that is right of center. He was adamantly opposed, for instance, to any effort to impeach the IRS commissioner for that person's role in the IRS scandal involving refusing not for profit status for almost all conservative groups while virtually all applications from leftwing groups sailed through without delay. Are you looking for an election meddling scandal? That was a huge one.

But it is pretty obvious from his voting record and what he approved and what he opposed that he is strictly party line.
https://www.conservativereview.com/members/adam-schiff/liberty-score/

And it is pretty safe to say that will heavily color his argument and point of view in this matter as well. And indulging in a bit of ad hominem opinion: that of course will sound really good to leftwingers on this board who give no credence to any argument but those damning, accusing, or attacking the Trump Administration.

Someone, much like you are right now, attempted to bait me. I refused. I am turning your "point" against you.
Oh...FFS! YOU BAIT ALL THE TIME, THROUGHOUT YER POSTING HISTORY, STOP WITH THE BASELESS HYPOCRITICAL BS.

I never claimed otherwise; only that there are ongoing investigation.

LOL! So your evidence that there is an ongoing investigation is that he doesn't say there isn't an ongoing investigation?

Boy are you in for a disappointment. :lamo

LOL! So your evidence that there is an ongoing investigation is that he doesn't say there isn't an ongoing investigation?

No, my evidence that there is an ongoing investigation is that he confirmed there is an ongoing investigation.

Deny reality all you'd like, but it won't change a thing.

Good luck with your magical thinking!

he has already told YOU, "The investigations are ongoing, and it remains to be seen what collusion, if any, occurred."

sumthin' 'bout that you don't get?

IF ANY. IF.

You need glasses. This is not a confirmation that any occurred, much less confirmation it there is any actively being investigated.

IF ANY. IF.

You need glasses. This is not a confirmation that any occurred, much less confirmation it there is any actively being investigated.
They are not going to reveal evidence in an ongoing investigation....hurr durr.

No, my evidence that there is an ongoing investigation is that he confirmed there is an ongoing investigation.

Deny reality all you'd like, but it won't change a thing.

Good luck with your magical thinking!

Again, LOL. Nobody denied that the FBI is investigating the Russians. The problem is that you have convinced yourself that a Comey stated that there is an active investigation into Trump, which he never said.

We know that there WAS an investigation into Trump and we no that they found no collusion.

If Comey comes across some information in the future that might tie Trump to a Russian plot then it will be investigated (like Anthony Weiner's laptop did with Hillary) but there is no such evidence.

They are not going to reveal evidence in an ongoing investigation....hurr durr.

HAHAHAAHHA!!! So you are arguing that absence of evidence is evidence in the same way Cuban is arguing that absence of a definitive declaration is a definitive declaration? :lamo :roll:

HAHAHAAHHA!!! So you are arguing that absence of evidence is evidence? :lamo :roll:
No, where did you imagine I did?

Yer the one claiming Comey said there is no on-going investigation, that is hilarious:

The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, took the extraordinary step on Monday of announcing that the agency is investigating whether members of President Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

Again, LOL. Nobody denied that the FBI is investigating the Russians. The problem is that you have convinced yourself that a Comey stated that there is an active investigation into Trump, which he never said.
[video]https://nyti.ms/2mMDIky[/video]

No, where did you imagine I did?

You seem to think that not revealing evidence of the claim your think he made is evidence of the claim your think he made.

Guess when else the FBI wouldn't disclose evidence of collusion? WHEN THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION.

Yer the one claiming Comey said there is no on-going investigation, that is hilarious:

No, that isn't what I am saying. I am saying that Comey DIDN'T confirm that there is an ongoing investigation into Trump as you and others want so desperately to believe.

The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, took the extraordinary step on Monday of announcing that the agency is investigating whether members of President Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

No, he didn't. He took the extraordinary step to announce that the FBI was investigating the Russians in connection with the US election and that he would investigating any connections between Trump and the Russians, he didn't say there were any being pursued.

Back
Top Bottom