• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

about those child detention centers

Since you want to talk about it...THIS GUY had policies in place that encouraged 70,000 children a YEAR to be SEPARATED FROM THEIR FAMILIES...and had 25,000 in one year stuffed in CAGES.

AP_968430310369.jpg

Since you want to talk about it...THESE are Obamas children...the poor dears he is responsible for bringing here, SEPARATED FROM THEIR FAMILIES....amd then put in CAGES...the poor dears....

1402628451000-061214migrant-kids.jpg

Since you want to talk about it...this is just PART of the problem with bringing in millions of illegal immigrants...

Threat-of-Disease-Outbreak-in-Border-Detention-Centers-1.jpg

In addition to the outbreak of communicable diseases and the spread of diseases in this country that were previously wiped out, many of these children are raped, beaten, sold, used for drugs, killed, or just die of exposure along the way.

And while you are talking about it, make sure you talk about the real reason people oppose ICE and Trump and the whole effort to end illegal immigration.

DACA-protester-DREAMers-deportations-ICE-illegal-immigration-Getty.jpg

Then maybe every thug in Chicago should move to your neighborhood. After all, they are Americans too.

There are 1.5 billion adults that would qualify for asylum if they could get here. Do you think you can give our country away without a fight?

There is nothing keeping anyone in Chicago who doesn't want to be there. They are free American citizens. No one is going to stop them and send them back to Chicago.

And the adults coming to the US for asylum aren't the thugs anyway. They're trying to escape the thugs. If someone from Chicago wants to come here to escape the thugs there, let them.

Shrieking "thats bull****" is not an argument. I can prove those numbers...so waht is 'bull****'?

OK. Prove those numbers. Prove that Obama's policy was separating children from their parents, and that those kids you see in detention centers from when he was president didn't come across the border unaccompanied to begin with. Show what you're alleging to be true, or simply admit you're parroting back the excuses that Trumpers have made to excuse their dear leader for his failed policies.

Although I understand your feelings. And I think I agree this policy of taking children was not the best and should be changed...

I think people completely misunderstand the actual situation... and have a lack of perspective.

You have these groups of people, and parents... that are smuggling themselves and kids across a desert in the middle of the night with extremely shady characters in which 90% of the woman who do this are raped. Not only are the parents committing a crime, but also forcing their child to do the same.
In my opinion, this is possible grounds for child and family services to take the children. These illegal immigrants are putting their children in danger. Incredibly irresponsible.

The illegal immigration black market is full of human traffickers, drug dealers, killers, gangsters.... putting a child through this environment is terrible.

1. The parents have little to zero money, they cannot properly provide for them
2. Have just committed a major crime, and had their child commit one too on their behalf
3. Have just put their child through extremely dangerous situations in order to commit that crime.

There is a very strong argument to me to think that these parents are too irresponsible to be taking care of their children.

The bold part is what left leaners don't seem to care about, and I don't understand why.

Walking here from El Salvador is "easy?"

Sure, illegal immigration is a problem. Taking children away from refugees is not solving that problem. All it does is enrich the people who are providing detention centers for those children at an outrageous profit to themselves.

There simply is no way to justify taking a four year old child from his parents and putting him in a detention center. Not even Trump is justifying it. Instead, he blamed the situation on the Democrats.

Yes there is especially the younger ones that cannot be questioned as to who the person is they are traveling with.

You have to err on the side of the child and protect him/her.

If the alternative was to stay where they're likely to be shot, then what?

The point has been made many times that between their home and the US border there are thousands of places they could have stopped to ask for asylum, if that was their goal.

Where I am I see people from South American countries asking for money so they can continue on their way to the US border.

It is not like they get on the train in the south of Mexico and ride it all the way to the border.

These people have many choices, even you don't think they do.

Yes there is especially the younger ones that cannot be questioned as to who the person is they are traveling with.

You have to err on the side of the child and protect him/her.

Even a four year old knows who mommy is.

The point has been made many times that between their home and the US border there are thousands of places they could have stopped to ask for asylum, if that was their goal.

Where I am I see people from South American countries asking for money so they can continue on their way to the US border.

It is not like they get on the train in the south of Mexico and ride it all the way to the border.

These people have many choices, even you don't think they do.

Lot of them do stop in Mexico. Mexico isn't too welcoming of the poor and powerless either.
El Salvador is not in South America.
And some of them do get on a train in Southern Mexico and ride it all the way to the border.

Making Obama great again!

His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork.

CCCCs — christian con concentration camps — kushner caging babies for private prison profit

OK. Prove those numbers. Prove that Obama's policy was separating children from their parents, and that those kids you see in detention centers from when he was president didn't come across the border unaccompanied to begin with. Show what you're alleging to be true, or simply admit you're parroting back the excuses that Trumpers have made to excuse their dear leader for his failed policies.
Oh...look how cute you are. You already tried to change the goalposts. Ya know...you look rather stupid when you shriek 'THATS BULL****' and then say the exact same thing I said in my post.

:lamo

Oh...look how cute you are. You already tried to change the goalposts. Ya know...you look rather stupid when you shriek 'THATS BULL****' and then say the exact same thing I said in my post.

You did? Who were you challenging to prove that Obama was separating children from their parents?

Oh. I get it. You think that Obama was somehow behind the unaccompanied minors that came to the USA during his term. Well, then, let's see you prove that one.

Let's not let the news about Trump and his alienation of our allies and his apology for the US having been foolish and stupid drown out the ongoing scandal that is the treatment of children brought to the US by parents escaping violence in Central America. Here's an update:

The scathing report, filed in a Los Angeles federal court earlier this week, gives the first-hand accounts of more than 200 migrant children and parents who were held in Border Patrol stations, Immigration and Customs Enforcement facilities, and detention centers.
The children - who were detained under the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy - describe frozen food, filthy toilets, overcrowding, guards kicking their feet and mocking their situation, and children crying in cages.

Comical.

Those poor little fence jumpers had to eat microwave meals(the horror!) and use the bathrooms they filthed up.

Cry me a river.

You did? Who were you challenging to prove that Obama was separating children from their parents?

Oh. I get it. You think that Obama was somehow behind the unaccompanied minors that came to the USA during his term. Well, then, let's see you prove that one.
Thats what the post said...isnt it? It was Obamas open door and catch and release policy that convinced 70,000 children a year to separate from their families...and isnt that just ****ing TRAUMATIC? They were SEPARATED!!! OMG!!! And some of them died. Some of them were raped. Some of them were targeted by mules. So your pretense of poutrage and hurt feeelerz over 'separated chirruns' is a pathetic lie...and we all know it. Its as phony as the poutrage over the pictures of the children in cages and the OH so hurt feelings about Trump.

This is all ginned up poutrage and bull****. Which is why it faded like yesterdays news after a week.

The scathing report, filed in a Los Angeles federal court earlier this week, gives the first-hand accounts of more than 200 migrant children and parents who were held in Border Patrol stations, Immigration and Customs Enforcement facilities, and detention centers.
The children - who were detained under the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy - describe frozen food, filthy toilets, overcrowding, guards kicking their feet and mocking their situation, and children crying in cages.

Comical.

Those poor little fence jumpers had to eat microwave meals(the horror!) and use the bathrooms they filthed up.

Cry me a river.
The Russian 'scandal fizzed out...so he has to have SOMETHING to pretend to be butthurt over. Because...TRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Comical.

Cry me a river.

Child abuse is "comical" as long as the abused are children of the weak and powerless. Nice.

Thats what the post said...isnt it? It was Obamas open door and catch and release policy that convinced 70,000 children a year to separate from their families...and isnt that just ****ing TRAUMATIC? They were SEPARATED!!! OMG!!! And some of them died. Some of them were raped. Some of them were targeted by mules. So your pretense of poutrage and hurt feeelerz over 'separated chirruns' is a pathetic lie...and we all know it. Its as phony as the poutrage over the pictures of the children in cages and the OH so hurt feelings about Trump.

This is all ginned up poutrage and bull****. Which is why it faded like yesterdays news after a week.

The person behind actually separating children from their parents, often very young children, was one Donald J. Trump, who did not take responsibility for his actions, but blamed his policy on the Democrats.

Then, you go back to a crisis in which unaccompanied minors tried to find refuge in the United States and use that to claim that Obama also separated children from their parents.

Trump was right: He could go out on 5th. Avenue and shoot someone, and his sheep would find a way to excuse it. Surely, there must be some way to blame that on Obama as well.

Pathetic. Pathetic and wrong.

The Russian 'scandal fizzed out...so he has to have SOMETHING to pretend to be butthurt over. Because...TRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

The Russian scandal is just getting started.

The Russian scandal is just getting started.

These people prefer Russians over non-trumpers. It’s that simple, as Russian popularity with the gop has gone up from 16% to 25%.

The person behind actually separating children from their parents, often very young children, was one Donald J. Trump, who did not take responsibility for his actions, but blamed his policy on the Democrats.

Then, you go back to a crisis in which unaccompanied minors tried to find refuge in the United States and use that to claim that Obama also separated children from their parents.

Trump was right: He could go out on 5th. Avenue and shoot someone, and his sheep would find a way to excuse it. Surely, there must be some way to blame that on Obama as well.

Pathetic. Pathetic and wrong.

Riiiight. See, theres that 'bull****' again. You bleat on with this pretense of care over children 'separated' from their families...but then you excuse, justify...nah...WORSE...you just ignore the 70,000 children a year during the Obama administration that were 'separated from their families'.

Because...thats different.

You ignore those children in cages, many as young as 5...because during the Obama administration, that was different.

Your poutrage is a sad ****ing joke.

Back
Top Bottom