• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A black off-duty cop tried to help stop a crime. Another officer shot him.

So why did the cop shoot him, where was his gun at this point?

Okie dokie, I'm guessing you can't get shot on nerves alone. Aren't you the guy who was telling us he's always out vigilant for that person with a gun in a state where 1/3 people own guns?

Why are so many ASSUMING that the policeman that was shot was displaying his weapon?

The article says he grabbed his service pistol and headed to the scene. That's it! Nothing else! It doesn't say he was holding it in his hand. It doesn't say it was in his waistband. It doesn't say it was in his pocket.

Yet many ASSUMED it was in his hand or at least visible. Why?

Okie dokie, I'm guessing you can't get shot on nerves alone. Aren't you the guy who was telling us he's always out vigilant for that person with a gun in a state where 1/3 people own guns?

Care to put that in quotes, then try answering my question.

When you answer a question with another....:roll:

Your lying deflection is noted, as well.

What is strange

A couple of months ago or so a civilian with a gun came to the aid of a police officer who was shot killing the suspect.

Not one reply said he was at fault for openly carrying his gun as he came up to the crime scene. Nothing but praise first helping. With its recall calls for more people to do the same. Yet when someone (all bit it an off duty cop) comes to help her is being blamed.

quadruple ****ing standards ....................... yep, pass the goddamn bourbon ................

So where was the gun, it's OK if you cant answer.

who cares; IMO if a cop shot a cop then they have to fix that, not me ............

maybe, if they keep shooting their own, instead of civilians, maybe that will offer them incentive to start getting their **** straight & stop the bull**** excuses but prolly not ............

Last edited:
Care to put that in quotes, then try answering my question.

Put what in quotes? That you're from Florida? Or that you are apprehensive around people with gun? You're telling us you're on the lookout when people with guns are around.

Put what in quotes? That you're from Florida? Or that you are apprehensive around people with gun? You're telling us you're on the lookout when people with guns are around.

Now you just prove you are not worth debating, delete half my post, lie, then keep dodging the question, you can reply if you want, just don't expect a response unless you can be honest and stay on topic.

Now you just prove you are not worth debating, delete half my post, lie, then keep dodging the question, you can reply if you want, just don't expect a response unless you can be honest and stay on topic.

I lied? You made up a fictional scenario where this officer was threatening to people - even though two other officers attest to the opposite.

And you're wondering who is deleting here? I delete your the meaningless parts of your posts, you delete reality.

Yes :roll:

Weird, I wasn't the one who misrepresented a statistic to say whatever I wanted it to say.

Again Bob, what was the 1/3 number about? :)

You're jumpy. Why would I mean you if I haven't seen a post from you? Are you defending the 4th cop?

Again. That's why I asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are so many ASSUMING that the policeman that was shot was displaying his weapon?

The article says he grabbed his service pistol and headed to the scene. That's it! Nothing else! It doesn't say he was holding it in his hand. It doesn't say it was in his waistband. It doesn't say it was in his pocket.

Yet many ASSUMED it was in his hand or at least visible. Why?
1) When arriving at the scene of an unknown and potentially dangerous scene it would be standard for any officer to have their weapon drawn, I would think.

2) Would they tell everyone to lie on the ground? Seems that an as-yet unrecognized person with a gun would be most likely.

3) He was eventually told to get up and approach them, and was shot while walking toward them.

He had a gun drawn, probably laid it on the ground when he laid down or they took it, was given it back or picked it up when he got up, hadn't yet put it away when the 4th officer showed up who shot him. I'm guessing the time between #2 and #3 was pretty quick.

Yes, it's a presumption, but it's a reasonable presumption.

I'm open to alternative scenarios. What ya got?

1) When arriving at the scene of an unknown and potentially dangerous scene it would be standard for any officer to have their weapon drawn, I would think.

2) Would they tell everyone to lie on the ground? Seems that an as-yet unrecognized person with a gun would be most likely.

3) He was eventually told to get up and approach them, and was shot while walking toward them.

He had a gun drawn, probably laid it on the ground when he laid down or they took it, was given it back or picked it up when he got up, hadn't yet put it away when the 4th officer showed up who shot him. I'm guessing the time between #2 and #3 was pretty quick.

Yes, it's a presumption, but it's a reasonable presumption.

These are excerpts from posts in this thread. Assumptions out of thin air. No report has said the officer was brandishing a weapon.

Don't forget "with gun"

Any one approaching a cop with a gun is a threat even if the person is purple with yellow polka dots *facepalm*

Having a gun in hand is certainly a threat from a cops perspective, hell from any perspective.

A gun out of its holster is, in of itself, a threatening gesture.

If a stranger approaching you with a gun does not concern you, why are you anti 2nd?

A visibly armed person triggers a threat response far easier than someone who is not visibility armed and this really isn't hard to understand.

Armed 'citizen' appears trying to help, is ordered to the ground (with a firearm).

You use the word presumption, I think more like conjecture. (yes I know they are supposed to be synonyms, but there is a slight difference in their definitions)

conjecture
the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.

radcen said:
I'm open to alternative scenarios. What ya got?

I don't 'got' anything, never said or insinuated that I did. That was my point NOBODY knows! It hasn't been reported yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-top-stories_pn-offduty-1255pm:homepage/story

Officer is lucky the 0ther Officer is a bad shot.
Did the last arriving Officer panic?
Is it bad communications between onsite- arriving Officer(s)?
Or is it credible he was shot while Black?
Thoughts are?

No surprise here. Most US cops have very itchy trigger-fingers and it's demonstrated every day.

I recall reading at least one similar story a few years back. Cops are very nervous for a number of reasons.

It's almost like you forget what you respond to:

I claim that 1/3 Floridians own a gun, and question how you're not in constant duck & cover move. You then switch OWN with 'do not walk around holding a gun' and seem to be rolling your eyes at having disproved a claim I didn't make because not a single part of the police report states that's what happened.

That's a really lazy attempt at strawmaning your way out of your own conclusion. Lol, have you caught on to the fact that the cops who reported the incident did not report a threat?

They probably don't know what happened as well you do.

Who misrepresented?

There's the link to the post where I showed you misrepresenting the statistic I provided.

Who does the 1/3 figure represent? :)

Last edited:
Did someone break a mirror?

Back
Top Bottom