• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2024 Gas Prices WAY Down! What Are You Paying For Gas?

My Scion Xa gets about 45 per gallon so I normally drive that when it's just me.
But with Karen we have to drive the Pacifica wheelchair van, which is a 6000 pound brick that gets 30 mpg freeway but only 17 mpg city.
I had an Xb, great little box car! I have a Prius now, 55-60 mpg, really nice.

Last time I filled up, gas was just over $3 per gallon and I thought that was pretty cheap. Today I paid $2.62 per gallon, lowest price I've seen in a long time.

What are you paying for gas in your area?
$3.09 is the lowest I've seen.

$3.05 here. And when thinking about Biden getting blame for an increase or recognition for a decrease, you know how that works in politics. Yes to the former, no to the latter.

The harsh truth is no President has very much, if any, influence on gas prices. But that messes up the political pundits that have an audience to enflame.

A fraction of what the rest of the developed world is paying.

Americans love to bitch about what they pay at the pumps, but it hasn't kept them from buying more and more SUVs, and cars with much worse MPG ratings. If your car is getting 25mpg or less, then you can cut that in half by driving something that gets 50mpg or more. They've been on the market for a long time already.

2 cars, the Prius (57) and the Corolla Hybrid (50). The next closest is the Honda Accord Hybrid at 48mpg. After that, they all seem to drop to the 30s. Not much choice and two of them are over $30k.

At $2.60 to $3.00 you are paying similar prices as you were in Jan 2018. Differences is that your wages have risen considerably since then, so gas is now officially cheaper under Biden than under Trump, other than during the 2020 economic crash period.
Whose wages? Mine haven't risen 'considerably'. Did we all get huge raises in the past couple of years?

3.05 in VT. I cross the border to VT because NY runs about 30 cents higher.

That's for reg. unleaded
That's good! Depends on location. I used to cross over until the county I went to raised their gas tax. Not sure if the entire state did, but that was a few years ago.

I drive a Prius that gets over 50 mpg. I only have to put gas in it about once every 4 to 6 weeks. Even when gas is expensive, I really don’t notice much of a difference in cost to me because it uses so little of it.

That said, I feel for farmers, ranchers and folks that have to drive a truck for work when gas is expensive. However, I don’t have a lot of sympathy for the guys in 60k trucks without a scratch in the bed.
Per the bold sentence, that would be me. But I’ve definitely got some scratches in the bed, even though I have a thick Chevy bed mat. Hauled several loads of fence material including many bags of concrete right up to the load weight limit.

I choose to drive my 1500 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 with a 5.3 V-8 just like all of those people with Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, Expeditions, Grand Wagoneers, Armadas, Escalades, QX80s, and Navigators. Of course, with my gas at $2.28 a gallon right now, I’m not exactly crying in my cereal. LOL.

Whose wages? Mine haven't risen 'considerably'. Did we all get huge raises in the past couple of years?
The data tells us that the average person has had quite a considerable lift in wages, particularly in 2023. If you have fallen behind you should maybe have a look at why that is.

The data tells us that the average person has had quite a considerable lift in wages, particularly in 2023. If you have fallen behind you should maybe have a look at why that is.

The data tells us the average person has less than two legs. I buy shoes by the pair anyway.

Making assumptions about an individual on the basis of a mythological average person is foolish.

Per the bold sentence, that would be me. But I’ve definitely got some scratches in the bed, even though I have a thick Chevy bed mat. Hauled several loads of fence material including many bags of concrete right up to the load weight limit.

I choose to drive my 1500 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 with a 5.3 V-8 just like all of those people with Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, Expeditions, Grand Wagoneers, Armadas, Escalades, QX80s, and Navigators. Of course, with my gas at $2.28 a gallon right now, I’m not exactly crying in my cereal. LOL.
I think it's just all priorities and what a person wants to drive. If you want to drive a full-sized truck or large SUV, that is fine, buy what you want to buy. However, 4 dollar a gallon gas will hit you harder.

Since Joe got blamed for the gas price increasing, does Biden now get credit for the gas lowering in price? 🤔

whoa ... every liberal said Joe wasn't to blame for high gas - he can't be given credit for when it goes down

either he gets credit and blame .... or he gets neither

which is it in your opinion '?

gas here has spike $0.40 a gallon in the past 10 days

oddly enough I'm still paying gas/delivery charges for large shipments, THAT never went away when gas prices came down :(

I think it's just all priorities and what a person wants to drive. If you want to drive a full-sized truck or large SUV, that is fine, buy what you want to buy. However, 4 dollar a gallon gas will hit you harder.
Yeah, we all have priorities and utilities, too. I can absorb the cost. If I ever get tired of it, I can always downsize.

I just wanted to point out that suburb-living, full-size pickup drivers shouldn’t be singled out when all of those low MPG land yachts are being driven daily, many of them by soccer moms.

Probably because we have a union contract. Me and over 310,000 people in that union. Guess we're not average. I'll just blame the union.

I have one gasser, cheapest in my area is $3.85. Last week when I was in LA most prices were in just under $5 for regular.

All hail President Biden!!

Thank you Mister President!!!

bidenididthat.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom