• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2024 Gas Prices WAY Down! What Are You Paying For Gas?

Old 'N Chill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Last time I filled up, gas was just over $3 per gallon and I thought that was pretty cheap. Today I paid $2.62 per gallon, lowest price I've seen in a long time.

What are you paying for gas in your area?

Last time I filled up, gas was just over $3 per gallon and I thought that was pretty cheap. Today I paid $2.62 per gallon, lowest price I've seen in a long time.

$2.79 when I go to BJs in Newburgh. Includes 15 cents off based on membership but still not bad.

$2.79 when I go to BJs in Newburgh. Includes 15 cents off based on membership but still not bad.
Thanks for your reply, I went to a Conoco station in CO, today, no discounts. Definitely a good price if you're in NY.

$4 or so, but that's my fault. I bought a 2023 Camry TRD, probably the last gas car in my life unless it gets totaled (and I hope not because it's the first I properly enjoy). And it's one that wants you to use premium.

Some have told me to use regular, but that may have been (or was, according to two mechanics) what caused a bunch of engine trouble starting around 105k miles in an old beat up 2000 Nissan Maxima I had. ("Beat up" thanks to city parking. Scratches and dents galore, to the point where I didn't even bother asking for money when condo neighbors told me they scraped my car).

Though...I should have at least test driven the Camry XSE. Same HP, though not the sport tuning of the TRD, but a hybrid. And I hear cars relying on electric power either partially or fully tend to have great initial acceleration. Well, the TRD has awesome acceleration as-is. More would be more fun, though I suppose I'd have to be more careful. But, (1) EV batteries tend to fail in about 10 years, don't know about hybrid ones, (2) it's a whole secondary system that can break and cost money, (3) it was several grand more and given that I don't drive a huge amount it'd be quite a while before the savings on gas exclipsed the extra price tag.

With a 60 cent Kroger points discount I paid $2.99 a gallon today for Diesel in my F-250

People will still say it was below 2 dollars a few years ago, ignoring that it was at the height of the shutdowns and that the average for rest of that 4 year period was around 2.70 a gallon.

$2.99. Hasn't been under $3 for a long time.

$4 or so, but that's my fault. I bought a 2023 Camry TRD, probably the last gas car in my life unless it gets totaled (and I hope not because it's the first I properly enjoy). And it's one that wants you to use premium.

Some have told me to use regular, but that may have been (or was, according to two mechanics) what caused a bunch of engine trouble starting around 105k miles in an old beat up 2000 Nissan Maxima I had. ("Beat up" thanks to city parking. Scratches and dents galore, to the point where I didn't even bother asking for money when condo neighbors told me they scraped my car).

Though...I should have at least test driven the Camry XSE. Same HP, though not the sport tuning of the TRD, but a hybrid. And I hear cars relying on electric power either partially or fully tend to have great initial acceleration. Well, the TRD has awesome acceleration as-is. More would be more fun, though I suppose I'd have to be more careful. But, (1) EV batteries tend to fail in about 10 years, don't know about hybrid ones, (2) it's a whole secondary system that can break and cost money, (3) it was several grand more and given that I don't drive a huge amount it'd be quite a while before the savings on gas exclipsed the extra price tag.

You can tune those to run on regular if you're willing to take a slight performance hit.

Of course L.A. gasoline is extra expensive because of its anti-smog formulation but it's well over a dollar cheaper here in the last two months.
It's been a long time since I filled up though.

You live in that area? Hudson Valley? Been there a number of times, Bear Mountain. USMA, South Gate Tavern……..

Buddy and I rode up the Hudson Valley years ago, reminds me of European towns situated near the brooks and rivers.

Central VA is in the upper $2, low $3 range.

You can tune those to run on regular if you're willing to take a slight performance hit.

Thanks. But, not gonna do that. I bought it for the tuning, in part. I may not be a car expert, but the TRD had great reviews specifically for tuning/power/performance everywhere I looked and the detailed tech specs indicated it has any number of things the other models don't, including sound system.

The one thing that I didn't think enough about is that it sits lower than any car I've driven; the car itself and the seat, it feels like. And that skews my normal sense of where the wheels are. I had never hit anything. I had never so much as rubbed a curb, even a little, even once, in a Maxima or Crosstrek. YYyyyyyeaaah, I gotta admit there are some visible scrapes on the rims from when I didn't quite know where the wheel was.

Disconcerting. I'll get used to it, but I still have to be cautious. Hell, I nearly took out a mirror but saw the problem in time and popped over a couple inches.

Since Joe got blamed for the gas price increasing, does Biden now get credit for the gas lowering in price? 🤔
NO!!! Any decrease is gas prices is a legacy effect from when Trump held office, It's only the increases that are Joe's responsibility.

Low gas prices!! Dem be fighting words to the magas. Only Trump is allowed low gas prices. Wait for Trump and the House magas to demand new legislation to increase gas prices.

Since Joe got blamed for the gas price increasing, does Biden now get credit for the gas lowering in price? 🤔
No! Dropping gas prices are deflationary! Very Bad! Cuts into profits, destroys 401Ks, dontchaknow?

If gas prices go up, it's bad and it's Biden's fault. If gas prices go down, it's bad and it's Biden's fault. The Biden administration is a disaster! Everyone knows that! Jeez!

You live in that area? Hudson Valley? Been there a number of times, Bear Mountain. USMA, South Gate Tavern……..

Buddy and I rode up the Hudson Valley years ago, reminds me of European towns situated near the brooks and rivers.

Central VA is in the upper $2, low $3 range.
I bowl in Newburgh but yea, mid Hudson Valley. A lot of lakes. Rt 17 by the thruway now looks like Brooklyn.

Stop being dishonest trump said they are up so they are up!!

The computer in your engine will adjust to lower octane without any real downside.

I live in the SF Bay Area, still very happy if I can find it below $4

A fraction of what the rest of the developed world is paying.

Americans love to bitch about what they pay at the pumps, but it hasn't kept them from buying more and more SUVs, and cars with much worse MPG ratings. If your car is getting 25mpg or less, then you can cut that in half by driving something that gets 50mpg or more. They've been on the market for a long time already.

Huh, no. It's the wonderful oil companies concerned with our economy cutting prices.

Nearly a dollar per gallon more than I paid before the puppet was installed in the WH.

A fraction of what the rest of the developed world is paying.

Americans love to bitch about what they pay at the pumps, but it hasn't kept them from buying more and more SUVs, and cars with much worse MPG ratings. If your car is getting 25mpg or less, then you can cut that in half by driving something that gets 50mpg or more. They've been on the market for a long time already.
Well, I'm not bitching at all, pretty content overall with the price of gas at the pumps.

Back
Top Bottom