• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2012 Election Prediction Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann Coulter agrees, she thinks Obama will lose Ill...Weird.

I live in the metro Chicagoland area.... When you see republican campaign signs that haven't been "stomped to death" in the "hood" you know something funky is going on...

I live in a 90% "minority" neighborhood and these cats have republican campaign signs on their front lawns...

And you sure make the case against ignoring the polls quite compelling.

You make my doubt quite compelling...

I have Romney in a landslide.

My electoral map. 2012 Electoral Map - Create Your Prediction!

Romney 52.5% Obama 46.7%

Republicans win senate seats in: Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi, Texas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Indiana, North Dakota, and Montana.

Democrats win senate seats in: Oregon, California, Minnesota, New Mexico, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, Wisconsin, Virginia, and Nevada.

and that's way too much to go through on the House :p

Last edited:
My electoral map. 2012 Electoral Map - Create Your Prediction!

Romney 52.5% Obama 46.7%

Republicans win senate seats in: Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi, Texas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Indiana, North Dakota, and Montana.

Democrats win senate seats in: Oregon, California, Minnesota, New Mexico, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, Wisconsin, Virginia, and Nevada.

and that's way too much to go through on the House :p

You don't need to predict each individual House race, just the total number of Democrats and Republicans (including Independents that caucus with them).

I live in the metro Chicagoland area.... When you see republican campaign signs that haven't been "stomped to death" in the "hood" you know something funky is going on...

I live in a 90% "minority" neighborhood and these cats have republican campaign signs on their front lawns...

I thought it was racist to imply that minorities supporting Republicans was somehow strange.

I thought it was racist to imply that minorities supporting Republicans was somehow strange.

That is what they say - not what it is...

It will be a virtual tie. There will be voting issues regarding the Sandy states. Romney assumes - incorrectly - that he has won and will begin to make statements regarding his upcoming actions in Syria and Iran. Israel will immediately move on both nations and war will begin. Eventually Obama will be declared the winner, after Romney's false assumption and incredibly stupid comments **** up American foreign policy.

Well, I'll say this. If your electoral map turns out to be right, you're going to win a lot of extra points for all those upsets. :)

Maybe there should be a long shot contest. What are the odds of Nick's guess being right? 10,000:1?

Contest 1:

Romney Edges.jpg

2012 Surprises: Wisconsin (narrowly) goes red, New Hampshire is the deciding state, a Presidential victory without Ohio.

Contest 2:

Mitt Romney: 50.5%
Barack Obama: 49.1%

I like this contest so I added a sticky.

:lamo well, I guess we needed a counterpart to Mr Nick. Fungus Suey, and all that :)

Maybe there should be a long shot contest. What are the odds of Nick's guess being right? 10,000:1?

I would say many, many, many orders of magnitude less than that.

Too many polls to sift through to make my predictions. I may decide to play tomorrow or Monday. Today I need to clean the house.

I have no idea what this is all about, but just too mess with people I'll predict that both Romney and Obama win exactly the same amount of the electoral votes, even if that is impossible.

And 10% of the voters vote for someone other than Reps or Dems. Won't happen, but it'd be funny if it did.

I will only predict the presidential election. I'll go with: Obama- 281, Romney- 257

Popular Vote: Romney 48.4%, Obama 48.2%, 3.4% Other

2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

Might change it tomorrow slightly though, depends on what the last available polls say. I'll also make a bold prediction and say that Virginia, Ohio, New Hampshire, Iowa, and Wisconsin will all be decided by 2 points or less. And either candidate winning over 300 electoral votes is quite frankly, delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom