• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

► On How Many Counts will Paul Manafort be Found Guilty in Virginia? [Poll Included]

On How Many Counts will Paul Manafort be Found Guilty in Virginia?

• Total voters
Why would Mueller be squirming?...He's the man with the noose...not the men/man/women who may very well hang from the noose.

Because his credibility has been almost continually shrinking, and failing here would be high octane fuel for the movement.

The behavior of his prosecutors has already been ruled highly questionable.

He has to win here.

That's the thing. The evidence was overwhelming. However, Trump has been publicly tampering with the jury, knowing that with his solid 30% voter base, odds are 3-4 of those jurors are in his pocket. Three days, nearly 24 hours of deliberation? If I'm Manafort's defense lawyer, I'm ecstatically optimistic!

Why? That’s a bit over one hour per charge?

This stuff is complicated, there’s lots of documents to review, and they need to go over each charge to determine a verdict on each.

Seems like that should take a long time.

That Team Mueller is telling the press "We will have three times the amount of evidence next time" tells me that they are concerned.

Why? That’s a bit over one hour per charge?

This stuff is complicated, there’s lots of documents to review, and they need to go over each charge to determine a verdict on each.

Seems like that should take a long time.
Plus let's not forget this judge did not let the jury see much of the prosecutor's evidence. He let them see a representative item or two, but opined they should look at the rest during deliberation. I suspect that's in part what is currently occurring.

Because his credibility has been almost continually shrinking, and failing here would be high octane fuel for the movement.

The behavior of his prosecutors has already been ruled highly questionable.

He has to win here.

No he doesn't...and even if he did,and lost,he would face ZERO legal repercussions. Try again with a more logical argument.It isn't Mueller losing credibility here. Mueller is a truth seeker.He's not in it to win anything.He's in to get to the truth,regardless of how futilly you attempt to spin it.....and I like that.

Last edited:
Yes, time equates heightened optimism on the defense.

But there's a huge ton of documentation and transcripts to review and match-up. Friday, the jury asked for assistance in matching-up the documentation, along with a larger room to facilitate their document handling.

I don't see 3 days as long at all, and by their questions it seems this jury is doing a deliberate job. If so, there's no way Manafort walks. The documentation alone, is enough for multiple guilty verdicts.

Juries for Scooter Libby and Ollie North took much longer on far less evidence, witnesses and counts.

Sense a few GOP patterns here?

Today’s America is missing the White from Red, White and Blue.

A ‘We the People’ Nation became a ‘Me, Myself and I’ Nation, not exactly the best from the Theory of Threes.

Juries for Scooter Libby and Ollie North took much longer on far less evidence, witnesses and counts.

Sense a few GOP patterns here?

Today’s America is missing the White from Red, White and Blue.

A ‘We the People’ Nation became a ‘Me, Myself and I’ Nation, not exactly the best from the Theory of Threes.
Damn, Linc. You did good in the bolded. Real good! :thumbs:

No he doesn't...and even if he did,and lost,he would face ZERO legal repercussions. Try again with a more logical argument.It isn't Mueller losing credibility here. Mueller is a truth seeker.He's not in it to win anything.He's in to get to the truth,regardless of how futilly you attempt to spin it.....and I like that.

Logical? Even at our best we are only partly logical people and we modern Americans are nowhere near the best..... when I am talking about reality AKA the nature of the Universe I am very very often speaking of things outside of logic...as I must often do if I am to be right.....Which I like to be.....which I very often am.

That Team Mueller is telling the press "We will have three times the amount of evidence next time" tells me that they are concerned.
So what's your number?

I'm in for 5-8. I'm also saying no less than 4-5.

So what's your number?

I voted zero by mistake. Sorry about that.
I think he will be found guilty of all counts.

So what's your number?

As I said I dont have enough information. I am mouthy as we all know but I only run my mouth when I am pretty sure at least that I am right.

Tell me what the jury has been up to all of these hours and I might just tell you.

Logical? Even at our best we are only partly logical people and we modern Americans are nowhere near the best..... when I am talking about reality AKA the nature of the Universe I am very very often speaking of things outside of logic...as I must often do if I am to be right.....Which I like to be.....which I very often am.

Mueller looks determined and confident.Trump is the one protesting too much.If he's truly innocent he would sit down and answer any/all questions asked by Mueller..But dollars to donuts says he ain't gonna do that because he's most likely guilty as hell on numerous accounts.Of course,none of us will know the outcome until Mueller is finished w.his investigation....and the noose is ever tightening around Trump.I can't wait for Woodward's book to be released on 9/11.That may very well be the 'coup de gras.'

As I said I dont have enough information. I am mouthy as we all know but I only run my mouth when I am pretty sure at least that I am right.

Tell me what the jury has been up to all of these hours and I might just tell you.
No guts, no glory, buddy.

Sometimes you just got to gut it. It's not like there's anything much to lose ...

No guts, no glory, buddy.

Sometimes you just got to gut it. It's not like there's anything much to lose ...

My credibility is too important to me for squandering on such things.

Damn, Linc. You did good in the bolded. Real good! :thumbs:

Thanx man. Outside night air here on the farm complex really mellows me. The Land saved me this year, now year ten retired. The Land is for Everyone, especially people depressed from whatever and even prisoners during the day.

I’m running with this Progressive Conservatism. President Reagan just got added to the other Eight Greats. Our Older Generations Blew this. Now we have to fix it for the Future Generations before we go.

The Eleventh Hour Calms me at the end of another Brutal Political Day.

If you want to get more depressed, here’s the three overseas outlets I visit the Most:

i24NEWS - Top stories

Asia Times | Covering geo-political news and current affairs across Asia

www.economist.com

I hope he's put under the jail. I think he may get off completely, or no more than 1 or 2 convictions.
Interesting. I must admit I very much value your opinion. Not just as a matter of respect, but as a matter of expressed knowledge.

I'm a bit more sanguine though, and find it hard to believe the prosecution's documentation alone will not support at least a handful of guilty verdicts. And it couldn't happen to a better guy.

I also have little doubt ol' Paulie will walk eventually, due to Presidential Pardon ...

Interesting. I must admit I very much value your opinion. Not just as a matter of respect, but as a matter of expressed knowledge.

I'm a bit more sanguine though, and find it hard to believe the prosecution's documentation alone will not support at least a handful of guilty verdicts. And it couldn't happen to a better guy.

I also have little doubt ol' Paulie will walk eventually, due to Presidential Pardon ...

Absolutely. Manafort is counting on it.

Thanx man. Outside night air here on the farm complex really mellows me. The Land saved me this year, now year ten retired. The Land is for Everyone, especially people depressed from whatever and even prisoners during the day.

I’m running with this Progressive Conservatism. President Reagan just got added to the other Eight Greats. Our Older Generations Blew this. Now we have to fix it for the Future Generations before we go.

The Eleventh Hour Calms me at the end of another Brutal Political Day.

If you want to get more depressed, here’s the three overseas I visit the Most:

i24NEWS - Top stories

Asia Times | Covering geo-political news and current affairs across Asia

www.economist.com
You been picking-up any noise concerning the $12B bail out? Is it legit?

Mueller looks determined and confident.Trump is the one protesting too much.If he's truly innocent he would sit down and answer any/all questions asked by Mueller..But dollars to donuts says he ain't gonna do that because he's most likely guilty as hell on numerous accounts.Of course,none of us will know the outcome until Mueller is finished w.his investigation....and the noose is ever tightening around Trump.I can't wait for Woodward's book to be released on 9/11.That may very well be the 'coup de gras.'

Mueller always looks good, it is the quality of his work that that tends to be the problem.

Absolutely. Manafort is counting on it.
When Trump interjects himself into the dialogue as the jury goes home un-sequestered for the weekend, and Manafort's counsel publicly thanks the President for "his support", is there any doubt the fix is in?

Mueller always looks good, it is the quality of his work that that tends to be the problem.

You don't have a clue about his quality of work. end of story.

I voted zero by mistake. Sorry about that.
I think he will be found guilty of all counts.
Whoa!

That's pretty damn optimistic. There's no way I can see every count. Perhaps many, or even most. But not all. What makes you so optimistic, here?

(or pessimistic I suppose, depending upon one's POV)

I don't know. I know a lot of people won't like it whatever it is.

Back
Top Bottom