• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

► On How Many Counts will Paul Manafort be Found Guilty in Virginia? [Poll Included]

On How Many Counts will Paul Manafort be Found Guilty in Virginia?

• Total voters

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
After 3 weeks of legal proceedings in Alexandria Virginia, the jury in Paul Manafort's trial has been deliberating for 3 days.

Mr. Manafort is charged with 18 counts.

How many counts do you believe will be returned with a verdict of 'guilty'?

Pick your numbers, ladies and gentleman. Side bets are encouraged!

And I went with 5-8.

I think 4-5 at minimum.

After 3 weeks of legal proceedings in Alexandria Virginia, the jury in Paul Manafort's trial has been deliberating for 3 days.

If there is even one trump supporter on the jury, zero. If there isn't, then about 9-12.

If there is even one trump supporter on the jury, zero. If there isn't, then about 9-12.

That's my guess too. I think the Swamp supporters have utterly failed in their jury "duty". Wouldn't you?

I mean how ignorant do you have to be to not realize what he did? Although, I understand that most Americans have no clue what White Collar crime actually is.

A sad commentary to think that politics have corrupted the jury system..... I am not saying you are wrong, I am just "appreciating" just how far the American judicial system has fallen. We are a third world nation.

That's my guess too. I think the Swamp supporters have utterly failed in their jury "duty". Wouldn't you?

I mean how ignorant do you have to be to not realize what he did? Although, I understand that most Americans have no clue what White Collar crime actually is.

It ain't ignorance.

I'm saying 14, maybe 15. FinCen has it's stuff together.

I dont have enough information to participate in the poll but I do think that Mueller is squirming.

And I like it.

You know, I was thinking of this when I started the poll. But I kept it "single choice".

In retrospect I could have added an "other" option. But I kinda' wanted to lock the responders into a hard choice. Sometimes we've just got to have the balls to lay it on the line, right? So welcome to my poll!

You know, I was thinking of this when I started the poll. But I kept it "single choice".

In retrospect I could have added an "other" option. But I kinda' wanted to lock the responders into a hard choice. Sometimes we've just got to have the balls to lay it on the line, right? So welcome to my poll!

Sorry, but your poll doesn't take the unique trump-supporter mindset into account, which, like it or not, we're dealing with.

Sorry, but your poll doesn't take the unique trump-supporter mindset into account, which, like it or not, we're dealing with.

That's the thing. The evidence was overwhelming. However, Trump has been publicly tampering with the jury, knowing that with his solid 30% voter base, odds are 3-4 of those jurors are in his pocket. Three days, nearly 24 hours of deliberation? If I'm Manafort's defense lawyer, I'm ecstatically optimistic!

The 2010 GOPs who came to DC to burn it down have burned it down. (My Better Half and I Still Imagine Alexandria. Man will always War.)

My only links to the USA’s crumbling infrastructure grid for a few days are iPhone and XMSirius Car Radio. It’s long sleeve/sweatshirt tonight, and pressure gradient pains.

The defendants in the #45 criminal trials get to smear some of the most Honorable People who have ever Served this Ungrateful Nation.

Meanwhile, the LIARS accuse Patriots of leaking, which they can’t. Trial in public BY the Traitors.

McConnell remains our Greatest Evil.

"Zero" was an option, Cardinal.

I'm reasonably happy forcing a hard choice.

For example:

"Do you believe it's more likely there's a Trumper that will blow-up the deliberation process? Or do you believe it's more likely the jury will resolve to providing deliberated verdicts, ostensibly with some number of counts being 'guilty'"?

That was what I was hoping to see resolved amongst the poll respondents: Make your most likely choice, and then feel free to argue predicates and counter-point in the thread.

That's the thing. The evidence was overwhelming. However, Trump has been publicly tampering with the jury, knowing that with his solid 30% voter base, odds are 3-4 of those jurors are in his pocket. Three days, nearly 24 hours of deliberation? If I'm Manafort's defense lawyer, I'm ecstatically optimistic!

Isn't it against the law for a sitting Prez to make public comments about other's trials?

Isn't it against the law for a sitting Prez to make public comments about other's trials?

I'm not a lawyer, but apparently not. It is, however, against historical precedent set by every other sitting president in my lifetime.

Yes, time equates heightened optimism on the defense.

But there's a huge ton of documentation and transcripts to review and match-up. Friday, the jury asked for assistance in matching-up the documentation, along with a larger room to facilitate their document handling.

I don't see 3 days as long at all, and by their questions it seems this jury is doing a deliberate job. If so, there's no way Manafort walks. The documentation alone, is enough for multiple guilty verdicts.

I dont have enough information to participate in the poll but I do think that Mueller is squirming.

And I like it.

Why would Mueller be squirming?...He's the man with the noose...not the men/man/women who may very well hang from the noose.

But there's a huge ton of documentation and transcripts to review and match-up. Friday, the jury asked for assistance in matching-up the documentation, along with a larger room to facilitate their document handling.

I don't see 3 days as long at all, and by their questions it seems this jury is doing a deliberate job. If so, there's no way Manafort walks. The documentation alone, is enough for multiple guilty verdicts.

That makes sense, and you are most likely correct. Or at least I certainly hope you are, lol.

Wouldn't he be re-tried if there is a hung jury?

I'm not a lawyer, but apparently not. It is, however, against historical precedent set by every other sitting president in my lifetime.

Thanks Di

Back
Top Bottom