• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will you bow down to president Trump?

Will you be bowing down to President Trump?

• Total voters
Bow down? Another European who calls us a dictatorship... :roll:

Sorry to be a thread killer y'all.

But this thread is a waste of your time as Donald Trump will never be president. (And you can save/archive this post for posterity if you like.)

It is an insult and a slap in the face to the collective intellectual capacity of the citizenry of our nation.

Sure, there are more than enough American's willing to vote for Trump. That is an embarrassment we must endure I suppose.

But to even think for a second that there are more dumb asses in America than common sense thinking people, well, that's just insulting.

America is smarter than that.

Bow to Donald Trump.

When pigs fly.

View attachment 67207967

Bow down? Another European who calls us a dictatorship... :roll:

This will be good, please show me where I call the US a dictatorship? Or even imply the US is a dictatorship?

This will be good, please show me where I call the US a dictatorship? Or even imply the US is a dictatorship?

Thanks for dodging your claim...

Thanks for your bogus claim and your failure to provide evidence of that claim......

Verb 1. bow down - get into a prostrate position, as in submission
prostrate
lie down, lie - assume a reclining position; "lie down on the bed until you feel better"
2. bow down - bend one's knee or body, or lower one's head; "He bowed before the King"; "She bowed her head in shame

BOOM....!!

Verb 1. bow down - get into a prostrate position, as in submission
prostrate
lie down, lie - assume a reclining position; "lie down on the bed until you feel better"
2. bow down - bend one's knee or body, or lower one's head; "He bowed before the King"; "She bowed her head in shame

BOOM....!!

Yes? Where is the word "dictatorship"?

BOOM......!!!!!!

You can bow down for a great leader as a sign of respect (like some bowed down for Mandela) or bow down out of respect for a religious leader as a sign of respect (the pope, the dalai lama).

Or like I would bow down (not prostate or submit) to my King/Queen/princess Beatrix as a sign of respect. They even bow down to the Orange banner of the Kingdom of the Netherlands as a sign of respect.

None of these things have anything to do with a dictatorship.

Yes? Where is the word "dictatorship"?

BOOM......!!!!!!

You can bow down for a great leader as a sign of respect (like some bowed down for Mandela) or bow down out of respect for a religious leader as a sign of respect (the pope, the dalai lama).

Or like I would bow down (not prostate or submit) to my King/Queen/princess Beatrix as a sign of respect. They even bow down to the Orange banner of the Kingdom of the Netherlands as a sign of respect.

None of these things have anything to do with a dictatorship.

Bow down. Ex was King. Synonym of king Ruler. Synonym. Dictator.

Bowing down is a term for the defeated. The vanquished. The Ruled.

Just means what it means. Pick a better term next time.... it will help.

Bow down. Ex was King. Synonym of king Ruler. Synonym. Dictator.

Bowing down is a term for the defeated. The vanquished. The Ruled.

Just means what it means. Pick a better term next time.... it will help.

But Kings today are not (in the west) dictators. So it is no longer a synonym for a dictator.

Bowing down is not necessary a term for the defeated even though Omarosa meant it like this, as said it can also be a sign of respect or a diplomatic necessity.

And I picked the term Omarosa used, if you don't like it that is not my problem.

But Kings today are not (in the west) dictators. So it is no longer a synonym for a dictator.

Bowing down is not necessary a term for the defeated even though Omarosa meant it like this, as said it can also be a sign of respect or a diplomatic necessity.

And I picked the term Omarosa used, if you don't like it that is not my problem.

The US is is perhaps the most enlightened Democracy that there is. A beacon of power sharing.

There is no bowing down... period.

The US is is perhaps the most enlightened Democracy that there is. A beacon of power sharing.

There is no bowing down... period.

I never stated that there was, that is why most of the options I provided where of the "NO bowing" option. I even posted an option of "I am an American and I will bow down to nobody".

And the US may be an enlightened nation as a whole, but the most enlightened democracy? I am not that sure of that, with only 2 parties it does not give people a real option. Other countries can equally claim being the most enlightened democracy.

I never stated that there was, that is why most of the options I provided where of the "NO bowing" option. I even posted an option of "I am an American and I will bow down to nobody".

And the US may be an enlightened nation as a whole, but the most enlightened democracy? I am not that sure of that, with only 2 parties it does not give people a real option. Other countries can equally claim being the most enlightened democracy.

I said is perhaps... and will bow down to nobody implies our system will allow that option in the first place. It won't. The whole bowing down notion is a fallacy. It can't happen.

I said is perhaps... and will bow down to nobody implies our system will allow that option in the first place. It won't. The whole bowing down notion is a fallacy. It can't happen.

No, I said "I am an American and I bow down to nobody".

In other words, it is un-American to bow down to people.

And you say it cannot happen, Omarosa said people should do that with Trump. Again, not my words, not my comment but just a comment I used to make this thread (especially to show what kind of delusional people a lot of politicians surround themselves and the fact that in this respect Trump is just like any other politician).

no one respects the presidents but a lot more people seem to sure bow down to the police most people believe whatever they say!!! they are held on a higher level of respect than the president for some reason lol wow!!

Seen on the apprentice and now Trump's black outreach leader, Omarosa Manigault had this to say:

“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.”

Omarosa: Critics will ?bow down? to 'President Trump' - NY Daily News

So the question is every easy, will you

View attachment 67207653

bow down to president Trump?
What is this.

We don't bow to anyone in the US.

At least not literally...figuratively is another story.

no one respects the presidents but a lot more people seem to sure bow down to the police most people believe whatever they say!!! they are held on a higher level of respect than the president for some reason lol wow!!

You are free to shout "YOU LIE" to the president without risk to live and limbs (and even get the respect from the part of the US population who thinks Obama is a lying Kenyan) but shouting "you lie" to a police officer may get less satisfactory results. The secret service does not arrest for shouting ;)

Didn't read the thread. Voted "Other" cuz Frump can't win.

The real question is, will those who have been bowing to the king for eight long years ever be able to stand up and look a president in the eye or will they be happy to bow down to a King Donald or Queen Hillary?

The real question is, will those who have been bowing to the king for eight long years ever be able to stand up and look a president in the eye or will they be happy to bow down to a King Donald or Queen Hillary?
No one has done any bowing.

People either agree or disagree - and some agree only partially, but enough to support something because it's better than the other option.

But agreement with someone =/= bowing and submitting your will to theirs, however much these ever more partisan groups want you to think it does.
The closest people get is when they support a candidate or party without examining it closely enough to understand the limits it/they have.
Not to mention entirely ignoring state and local candidates, because for some reason they think the President has enough power to fix everything.

For myself, I cannot readily support Clinton, Trump, or Johnson. I quite dislike the "don't vote 3rd party or the enemy will win" thing. So **** that.
I'll probably find some other 3rd party and vote for that presidential candidate.

Similar issue in local elections. There were a few candidates that I liked, but they didn't win nomination. So now I have your standard politician robots to pick from....damnit.

Sorry, but I think Congress in ignoring the pen-and-phone royalty have bowed so long they've forgotten how to stand up. At least some of the states are putting up a fight.

Seen on the apprentice and now Trump's black outreach leader, Omarosa Manigault had this to say:

“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.”

Omarosa: Critics will ?bow down? to 'President Trump' - NY Daily News

So the question is every easy, will you

View attachment 67207653

bow down to president Trump?

Bowing is for subjects, we are citizens, how about rephrasing the question

Bowing is for subjects, we are citizens, how about rephrasing the question

How about you make your own poll then, the remark was made that people would have to bow down to president Trump (as per Omarosa) so that is why the question is as it is.

How about you make your own poll then, the remark was made that people would have to bow down to president Trump (as per Omarosa) so that is why the question is as it is.

Grammaticaly incorrect all the same

Have a wonderful day

Back
Top Bottom