• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What to do about the gun problem?

for average shooters the Dillon Square Deal is the best choice. I have one set up for 380-a caliber that I am never going to change the recipe for

for someone who loads a few calibers the Dillion 550 is the most versatile

if you are doing high volume loading of one caliber-like a steel shooter shooting 9mm, the Dillon 650 with the case feeder is the way to go. I have the big 1050s but the primer system on them sucks mainly because its after the resizing station due to the primer-crimp stage.

I actually prefer using a turret press for my pistol ammo rather than a progressive. Slower, but IMO fast enough for most and can put two calibers on one head and leave them there. I'm set up for .38 spec, .357, 44 spec, 44 mag and 45acp. For my rifle I just use a single stage (Forster Co-ax) as it's easy to change out the dies and I don't have to get a new shell holder for each caliber (not that big of a deal, but nice). That being said if one is shooting more than 500 rounds/month of a particular caliber, then yeah go for a progressive.

I am exasperated with all of the mass shootings. We have entirely too many guns in this country and something needs to be done now! You people that think the right to own 20 guns and 10 tons of ammunition, what do you want done about this? It's time to start talking about reducing gun violence and not talking about "freedumb".

The problem is your countrymen like having the facility to kill one another as easily as possible and that overrides the rights of the victims to life however many there are . Until they stop liking that nothing will ever be done and the killing will go on :(

I actually prefer using a turret press for my pistol ammo rather than a progressive. Slower, but IMO fast enough for most and can put two calibers on one head and leave them there. I'm set up for .38 spec, .357, 44 spec, 44 mag and 45acp. For my rifle I just use a single stage (Forster Co-ax) as it's easy to change out the dies and I don't have to get a new shell holder for each caliber (not that big of a deal, but nice). That being said if one is shooting more than 500 rounds/month of a particular caliber, then yeah go for a progressive.

I will load 400-500 rounds on a 1050 in about 30 minutes

I run a hydraulic MEC for 12G and that is about the same speed.

Yeah I have no doubt on that 1050, those things are quite the machine. I just have a regular MEC 9000g... it's fast enough for me. If everything is running smoothly I can get out around 300ish/hour.

I am exasperated with all of the mass shootings. We have entirely too many guns in this country and something needs to be done now! You people that think the right to own 20 guns and 10 tons of ammunition, what do you want done about this? It's time to start talking about reducing gun violence and not talking about "freedumb".

Move to the authoritartian nation of your choice.

I have a bum shoulder from a mountain bike wreck. I must rather like one pull per round than four pulls. I did find that the Lee Classic Turret was a good starter for pistol ammo for me.

I've got a friend with a 1050 and 3 650s. He uses the 1050 just for brass prep. [Jealous]

I've got a friend with a 1050 and 3 650s. He uses the 1050 just for brass prep. [Jealous]

one big commercial "remanufacturing" business I have connections to uses 1050s for trimming 223 brass. they have automatic drives on them as well

You really believe that crap? modern 9mm ammo is just as reliable for self defense as forty. and as a guy who is in the 500,000+ round club I can tell you that lots of people who thought 40 was the cat's meow for self defense rounds are rethinking that given the wear and tear 40 causes on both the handguns and elbows of shooters. a 45 ACP easier on both bTW. There is a reason why the FBI has gone back the the 9mm.

9mm is awesome self defense ammo. To be truthful so is .38 special, which to this day is still the best selling revolver round for self defense, and the longest running despite almost a century of propoganda against it, if either were so bad they would not be selling like they are.

Shot placement is key, and follow up shots go second, actual stopping power third. If you fail to place a good first shot, you need a handgun you are comfortable with the recoil and size to quickly place follow up shots accuratly.

What do I want done about this? I want the FBI to keep someone in custody that they know seriously sides with ISIS. I want the TSA to prevent someone from illegally putting a gun and ammo on a plane. I want us to eliminate ISIS everywhere we can to deter ISIS terrorism expanding. I also want to make sure people can defend themselves, so they should be able to own firearms.

...I recently bought another gun, a .450 Bushmaster (AR-15). I use it at the range, and eventually I will take it hog hunting. Do I need it to defend myself, not really, but it would work out just fine if I did. Every time there is a possibility of more restrictions on guns, I buy another. I bought several in 2016 before the election, and I have a pretty good amount of ammo. However, my neighborhood is now safer for it, not more dangerous.

9mm is awesome self defense ammo. To be truthful so is .38 special, which to this day is still the best selling revolver round for self defense, and the longest running despite almost a century of propoganda against it, if either were so bad they would not be selling like they are.

Shot placement is key, and follow up shots go second, actual stopping power third. If you fail to place a good first shot, you need a handgun you are comfortable with the recoil and size to quickly place follow up shots accuratly.

1) speed is nice but accuracy is fatal--attributed to Wyatt Earp-a guy who knew a bit about gun fighting

2) power is nice but shot placement is key-Turtledude and a couple thousand more people who understand how things work

The problem is your countrymen like having the facility to kill one another as easily as possible and that overrides the rights of the victims to life however many there are . Until they stop liking that nothing will ever be done and the killing will go on :(

Yay Flogger!!! Good one!!!

We have mass shootings in this country for two reasons: mental illness and terrorism. This young man should have had his weapons confiscated when he walked into a FBI office and demanded the government stop making him watch ISIS propaganda videos. Seriously, issue a warrant, toss his home, take the weapons.

As for terrorism, we have to fight it where it is strongest (middle east), where it is widely spread (internet) and where it is practiced (right here). We defeat it by suppressing their message of hate, exposing them for their violence and continuously denouncing ideology.

I am exasperated with all of the mass shootings. We have entirely too many guns in this country and something needs to be done now!

The only people who think like that are those who hate the 2nd amendment.

You people that think the right to own 20 guns and 10 tons of ammunition, what do you want done about this? It's time to start talking about reducing gun violence and.

You do have the right to own 20 guns and 10 tons of ammunition. The bill of rights doesn't limit you to how many guns you can own any more than how many newspapers you can run, religions you can be a part of, how people can be in peaceable assembly of people and so on.

not talking about "freedumb"
Perhaps this is what you use for toilet paper.
constitutiontoiletpaper.jpg

No doubt I wouldn't want to get hit with one. I'm certain that the sting from even a .22 is not something I'd wish upon anyone. But I'd feel more comfortable with the brute knockdown punching power of a .40 than a weakly 9mm.
The fact that you use the word knockdown to describe any pistol round shows that you may wish to brush up on the topic a bit.

Not that I expect even a remotely decent discussion on this one...but let me ask you...is there a difference between a murder committed with a knife or a murder with a gun? Are you willing to discuss options that don't involve attacking a right? Options that are largely unexplored because they are not politically beneficial to either party? Are you willing to look at relevant information regarding prison populations? Information about mass shooters as they existed as individuals?

But let me guess? This is a hit and run drive by thread with no intent to discuss the topic because God forbid you have to discuss a topic and formulate an opinion that is different than lock step with your party?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The biggest gun problem I have is my . 40sw Walther PPQ doesn't like reloads or Winchester White Box ammo. The 9mm version I have will take anything you put in it. I hope that with some special one on one time I can sweet talk the .40 into not being so picky. That would make the world a better place and my home safer

sell your S&W licensed "Walther" PPQ and get yourself a nice CZ75B in 40. Problem solved. You will never again have an issue with reloads or factory ammo again.

Not that I expect even a remotely decent discussion on this one...but let me ask you...is there a difference between a murder committed with a knife or a murder with a gun? Are you willing to discuss options that don't involve attacking a right? Options that are largely unexplored because they are not politically beneficial to either party? Are you willing to look at relevant information regarding prison populations? Information about mass shooters as they existed as individuals?

But let me guess? This is a hit and run drive by thread with no intent to discuss the topic because God forbid you have to discuss a topic and formulate an opinion that is different than lock step with your party?

What's the difference between a burglary committed through locked doors and one where the burglars waltz right in? The locked doors make it much more difficult.

What's the difference between a burglary committed through locked doors and one where the burglars waltz right in? The locked doors make it much more difficult.

That's not the comparison. It's what's the difference between where the intruders waltz right in and where the intruders encounter a single locked front door with a sign that says "Don't come in" while the rest of the doors are unlocked and all of the windows are open.

Remove gun free zones. Most mass shootings occur in places where people aren't allowed to legally carry guns. Your body count would be bigger if the people you're killing can't fight back. That isn't a coincidence.

Gun violence is extremely minimal. Emotinal over reactions targeted at gun ownership verses the actual problem is not just deceptive but ghoulish. Using the massacre of people, children even to advance a political agenda is despicable.

Talk all you want. I'm a brick wall on this issue, I won't change my mind. Call me all the names you want if it makes you feel better, I won't be shamed out of my rights.

Murder being easier with a gun verses a knife, not so sure that it is, is absolutely no reason to force law abiding citizens to be defenseless.

Murder is already illegal regardless of what weapon you use.

What does that have to do with the topic? Or what I responded to you about? Please elaborate.

You really believe that crap? modern 9mm ammo is just as reliable for self defense as forty. and as a guy who is in the 500,000+ round club I can tell you that lots of people who thought 40 was the cat's meow for self defense rounds are rethinking that given the wear and tear 40 causes on both the handguns and elbows of shooters. a 45 ACP easier on both bTW. There is a reason why the FBI has gone back the the 9mm.

I know, right? If a 9mm wont do the job you need a rifle.

1. Address the root causes of suicide
2. End the war on drugs
3. Constitutional carry

Its also quite telling that you think Freedom is dumb.

1. Address the root causes of suicide
2. End the war on drugs
3. Constitutional carry

Its also quite telling that you think Freedom is dumb.

None of that helps democrats.

Back
Top Bottom