• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What Happened?

Pinkie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I don't have a clue what this controversy is all about. Can you recommend a short summary I can read, so I can make some sense of the threads here?

Thanks.

thank.gif

The Miami Herald has several 2 page summaries..

They tend to just report not speculate. If you read a couple of those, I think you will be mostly up to speed.

Pinky:

See Miami Herald.. SEVEN DEADLY MINUTES.

Pinky:

See Miami Herald.. SEVEN DEADLY MINUTES.

The title should read....

Concern Citizen Able To Stave Off Imminent Death.

Last edited:
man angrily stalks a minor, who thinks looks like all the other past burglars in his area.

man than refuses to ask why he is following the minor, when minor asks him "why are you following me?"

physical altercation ensues, man ends up shooting the minor in the heart.

these are the only facts we know.

man angrily stalks a minor, who thinks looks like all the other past burglars in his area.

man than refuses to ask why he is following the minor, when minor asks him "why are you following me?"

physical altercation ensues, man ends up shooting the minor in the heart.

these are the only facts we know.
Pinkie, don't buy his rantings for one moment.
They are convoluted as well as wrong!
Find the articles and read them yourself and draw you own conclusions.

Most of those with a level head and clear of though understand that Zimmerman acted in self-defense.

Don't take my word for it read the articles. And then investigate. Look at the actual evidence.

Last edited:
just google "zimmerman martin", you'll get more than enough info to read.

But I suggest you stay away from blogs, especially liberal ones, if you want the facts without a bunch of baseless, irrelevant speculation mixed in.

go to Wikipedia. you will get lots of details there.

but stay away from Conservative blogs and news sites, as they will mostly provide bias & lies.

Tragic Scenarios

excerpt:

We start with Zimmerman spotting Martin on the way back from the convenience store and concluding that he seems “suspicious” in light of recent burglaries. Maybe it’s just because he’s an unfamiliar black teenager and Zimmerman is applying a racist stereotype, or maybe there’s something else that Zimmerman misunderstands—the boy is walking slowly to prolong the trip home while he talks to his girlfriend, which on a rainy night, Zimmerman perceives as someone “casing” houses.

Failing to understand how creepy his own slow-motion monitoring of the teen from his SUV seems, Zimmerman takes it as a further confirmation of his suspicions when Martin breaks into a run.

Stupidly disregarding the 911 dispatcher’s advice, Zimmerman gets out of his car to ensure he can point the boy out to police when they arrive. After all, he thinks, if this is the guy who’s been breaking into local houses, it would be crazy to let him slip away to strike again, and he only intends to get a closer look and maybe ask a few questions. This would be dumb, but not inherently criminal. He either approaches Martin, or Martin himself finally decides to confront this determined stranger to demand an explanation for why he’s being followed. Zimmerman, in turn, demands to know “what he’s doing in the neighborhood,” meaning “explain what I regard as suspicious behavior.”

Martin seems visibly edgy—as you would be with a creepy stranger tailing you!—and maybe Zimmerman simultaneously exposes the holstered firearm, hoping it will deter the teen from trying anything.

But Martin isn’t connecting the question with the recent spate of break-ins, which he has no reason to know about: What he hears is a threat from an armed and menacing stranger who has been stalking him from his vehicle, and now sounds angry to see a black teenager in “his” neighborhood. And when Zimmerman exposes the gun, Martin reasonably concludes that he’s about to become the victim of a hate crime.He could run—but he won’t outrun a bullet, and risks being shot in the back. It seems like his only chance is to disable and disarm this nut before he can draw the weapon.

It’s a risky gambit, but in another few seconds, Zimmerman will have time to draw the gun and fire, so Martin doesn’t see any other good options. Making a split-second decision, the football player goes for the tackle, thinking he can get the gun away and hold this creep for police.

Tragic Scenarios

excerpt:

We start with Zimmerman spotting Martin on the way back from the convenience store and concluding that he seems “suspicious” in light of recent burglaries. Maybe it’s just because he’s an unfamiliar black teenager and Zimmerman is applying a racist stereotype, or maybe there’s something else that Zimmerman misunderstands—the boy is walking slowly to prolong the trip home while he talks to his girlfriend, which on a rainy night, Zimmerman perceives as someone “casing” houses.

Failing to understand how creepy his own slow-motion monitoring of the teen from his SUV seems, Zimmerman takes it as a further confirmation of his suspicions when Martin breaks into a run.

Stupidly disregarding the 911 dispatcher’s advice, Zimmerman gets out of his car to ensure he can point the boy out to police when they arrive. After all, he thinks, if this is the guy who’s been breaking into local houses, it would be crazy to let him slip away to strike again, and he only intends to get a closer look and maybe ask a few questions. This would be dumb, but not inherently criminal. He either approaches Martin, or Martin himself finally decides to confront this determined stranger to demand an explanation for why he’s being followed. Zimmerman, in turn, demands to know “what he’s doing in the neighborhood,” meaning “explain what I regard as suspicious behavior.”

Martin seems visibly edgy—as you would be with a creepy stranger tailing you!—and maybe Zimmerman simultaneously exposes the holstered firearm, hoping it will deter the teen from trying anything.

But Martin isn’t connecting the question with the recent spate of break-ins, which he has no reason to know about: What he hears is a threat from an armed and menacing stranger who has been stalking him from his vehicle, and now sounds angry to see a black teenager in “his” neighborhood. And when Zimmerman exposes the gun, Martin reasonably concludes that he’s about to become the victim of a hate crime. He could run—but he won’t outrun a bullet, and risks being shot in the back. It seems like his only chance is to disable and disarm this nut before he can draw the weapon.

It’s a risky gambit, but in another few seconds, Zimmerman will have time to draw the gun and fire, so Martin doesn’t see any other good options. Making a split-second decision, the football player goes for the tackle, thinking he can get the gun away and hold this creep for police.

OMFG... You are a real piece of work sharon.

A woman wants information on this topic and everyone here, even thunder, tries to provide her with the most unbiased, opinion free source for that information, and what do you turn around and do? Instead of trying to provide her with the facts and straight information so she can form her own opinion, you attempt to form her opinion for her, by posting that biased, polluted, lying piece of unfounded, speculative blog trash.

It doesn't get any more dishonest and pathetic than that, and speaks volumes about how desperate you are to prop up your utterly ridiculous beliefs.

Last edited:
OMFG... You are a real piece of work sharon.

A woman wants information on this topic and everyone here, even thunder, tries to provide her with the most unbiased, opinion free source for that information, and what do you turn around and do? Instead of trying to provide her with the facts and straight information so she can form her own opinion, you attempt to form her opinion for her, by posting that biased, polluted, lying piece of unfounded, speculative blog trash.

It doesn't get any more dishonest and pathetic than that, and speaks volumes about how desperate you are to prop up your utterly ridiculous beliefs.

The way to deal with this is to listen to George and look at the evidence.

George will talk himself into prison.... and yet he can't shut up.

GZ profiled Trayvon because George had burglars on his mind.. and according to his friend, Frank Taaffe, George was fed up and had anger issues..

George's suspicions should have begun to unravel.

Burglars don't come and face you while you are parked in your schruck.

Burglars don't stop running and ask, "Why are you following me?

The burglaries at the Retreat were week- day and daytime.

The way to deal with this is to listen to George and look at the evidence.

George will talk himself into prison.... and yet he can't shut up.

GZ profiled Trayvon because George had burglars on his mind.. and according to his friend, Frank Taaffe, George was fed up and had anger issues..

George's suspicions should have begun to unravel.

Burglars don't come and face you while you are parked in your schruck.

Burglars don't stop running and ask, "Why are you following me?

The burglaries at the Retreat were week- day and daytime.

This is how you respond sharon... By again posting more of your biased, opinionated garbage on a thread where someone asks for information on the case?

Desperate and pathetic don't even scratch the surface anymore.

This is how you respond sharon... By again posting more of your biased, opinionated garbage on a thread where someone asks for information on the case?

Desperate and pathetic don't even scratch the surface anymore.

Think.. Look at the evidence, listen to George and think..

BTW Frank Taaffe was arrested last night for DUI in Lake Mary.

I didn't think Thunder had it in him. I expected the cheap shot at "conservative sources", but I didn't expect him to refer to wikipedia for this. I have read the site and I find it pretty much cut and dry facts. I'm impressed that he used that as a source. I have a new found respect for Thunder.

And my respect for Sharon has gone down even further, if that was possible.

I didn't think Thunder had it in him. I expected the cheap shot at "conservative sources", but I didn't expect him to refer to wikipedia for this. I have read the site and I find it pretty much cut and dry facts. I'm impressed that he used that as a source. I have a new found respect for Thunder.

And my respect for Sharon has gone down even further, if that was possible.

First you have to face the facts... and then you listen to the changing narratives.

Its not about political posturing... or skin color... and I am not very concerned about your "respect".. I have told you before that I am VERY discriminating.

George made many mistakes and killed an unarmed teen.. Now he's trying to get out of it by any means possible.

I want him off the street .. so he can't shoot your teen aged son .. or mine.

George is very screwed up and should never have been carrying a weapon. But now.. he's on a roll.. in love with the media attention, his celebrity and the money. If George walks on this he will do it again.

By now you should have ample evidence that George is incapable of learning anything.. That's why his doesn't listen to his lawyers.

Like was stated before, ignore Sharons ****ed up crap and go read wiki. Sharon doesn't want you to read wiki because the facts it presents surely don't paint Zimmerman in the bad light that Sharon wants him to be painted in.

There is a reason Sharon doesn't want you to go to wiki, figure that one out on your own.

Like was stated before, ignore Sharons ****ed up crap and go read wiki. Sharon doesn't want you to read wiki because the facts it presents surely don't paint Zimmerman in the bad light that Sharon wants him to be painted in.

There is a reason Sharon doesn't want you to go to wiki, figure that one out on your own.

What? What a lame lie. I haven't mentioned WIKI which is a good place to start before you read te evidence dumps, listen to the jailhouse phone calls, read the autopsy, read George's medical report and listen to the SPD interviews.

If you were sharp you would have done that already instead on indulging in personal attacks.

What? What a lame lie. I haven't mentioned WIKI which is a good place to start before you read te evidence dumps, listen to the jailhouse phone calls, read the autopsy, read George's medical report and listen to the SPD interviews.

If you were sharp you would have done that already instead on indulging in personal attacks.

I long read wiki. Obviously you haven't. All you have are dumps. If you'd actually READ THE WIKI SITE you would learn many facts you dont want to know.

Continue to stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and say la la la la la la la! You've done it for what 100 threads now? Don't stop now.

I long read wiki. Obviously you haven't. All you have are dumps. If you'd actually READ THE WIKI SITE you would learn many facts you dont want to know.

Continue to stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and say la la la la la la la! You've done it for what 100 threads now? Don't stop now.

Oh I read wiki months ago and continue to check in for updates.

FT has been arrested for drunk driving .. pills and booze.

He's a pivotal character in this tacky soap opera.. He opines about George Zimmerman's "authority".. You can see the mindset of these losers.

Oh I read wiki months ago and continue to check in for updates.

FT has been arrested for drunk driving .. pills and booze.

He's a pivotal character in this tacky soap opera.. He opines about George Zimmerman's "authority".. You can see the mindset of these losers.

Frank Taffe is pivotal in the shooting death of Trayvon after he allegedly attacked Zimm? How is that?

its disgusting how you guys are unable to stop personalizing these threads.

Sharon is the one who posted that biased piece of blog garbage for someone looking for information about the case... JFC thunder, you knew better than to pull something as low and dishonest as that, so why is it you are defending her?

Sharon is the one who posted that biased piece of blog garbage for someone looking for information about the case... JFC thunder, you knew better than to pull something as low and dishonest as that, so why is it you are defending her?

this thread is about the Zimmerman/Martin shooting.

NOT individual members of the forum.

do you divert the topic because you have nothing contribute, or as a tactic to avoid discussion?

this thread is about the Zimmerman/Martin shooting.

NOT individual members of the forum.

do you divert the topic because you have nothing contribute, or as a tactic to avoid discussion?

This thread is about someone wanting information on the incident... A thread in which you very honorably offered a source of information based on the fact it was unbiased... A source that I whole heartedly agreed with and posted the link for. That is the topic of this thread.

Sharon offered up one of the most blatantly biased pieces I've seen written about this incident, in a cheap attempt to mold her opinion, rather than inform. That act is deserving of much more ridicule than I've dished out.

Back
Top Bottom