• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

I could eat a sandwich for every meal.

I had St. Louis ribs, with Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, Mac & Cheese, Asparagus and French garlic bread. Chocolate ice cream pie for dessert, with whip cream and hot fudge.

i'm also big into sandwiches. your meal sounds pretty awesome.

i'm also big into sandwiches. your meal sounds pretty awesome.

The sandwich is the perfect amalgamation of a meal, bread for carbs, meat for protein and veggies for fiber. I often eat a Deli quality sandwich, with chips several times a week.

Yes my dinner was a decent one. I try to treat myself twice a week, with something filling and good.

The sandwich is the perfect amalgamation of a meal, bread for carbs, meat for protein and veggies for fiber. I often eat a Deli quality sandwich, with chips several times a week.

Yes my dinner was a decent one. I try to treat myself twice a week, with something filling and good.

same here. i log all of my meals, and generally have a slip meal or two on the weekend. the rest of the time, i make heathy versions of my favorite dishes. it's fairly easy to make a sandwich both healthy and awesome.

same here. i log all of my meals, and generally have a slip meal or two on the weekend. the rest of the time, i make heathy versions of my favorite dishes. it's fairly easy to make a sandwich both healthy and awesome.

I exercise and strength train enough to offset any indiscretions. I used to eat real low cal, low fat and actually didn't feel as well when I splurge occasionally. I think the workouts require more calories and energy supply?

I exercise and strength train enough to offset any indiscretions. I used to eat real low cal, low fat and actually didn't feel as well when I splurge occasionally. I think the workouts require more calories and energy supply?

yep, that's what i do. i also weigh almost daily. that lets me know which direction i'm moving in, and it helps me to choose my meals. high activity gives you a little more of a buffer, at least where weight is concerned. you can still clog up your arteries, but staying on top of blood pressure may give you a good indicator of what's going on there. the way i look at it, if i'm eating well most of the time and exercising daily, i'm not going to sweat a burger now and then. easy enough to skip a meal on days like that, too, and then you're generally still in a healthy calorie range for the day.

yep, that's what i do. i also weigh almost daily. that lets me know which direction i'm moving in, and it helps me to choose my meals. high activity gives you a little more of a buffer, at least where weight is concerned. you can still clog up your arteries, but staying on top of blood pressure may give you a good indicator of what's going on there. the way i look at it, if i'm eating well most of the time and exercising daily, i'm not going to sweat a burger now and then. easy enough to skip a meal on days like that, too, and then you're generally still in a healthy calorie range for the day.

I weigh daily also and only fluctuate a few lbs here and there. I'd still like to lose 10lbs and get that Tarzan look back, instead of a wrestler appearance. I take statins for the arteries and cholesterol. Doctor actually told me that fat consumption wasn't as critical as the liver producing cholesterol. My BP is up sometimes but I'm trying to lower it, without meds. I'm an anxious person by nature but am getting better numbers with increased weight lifting and meditation.

I weigh daily also and only fluctuate a few lbs here and there. I'd still like to lose 10lbs and get that Tarzan look back, instead of a wrestler appearance. I take statins for the arteries and cholesterol. Doctor actually told me that fat consumption wasn't as critical as the liver producing cholesterol. My BP is up sometimes but I'm trying to lower it, without meds. I'm an anxious person by nature but am getting better numbers with increased weight lifting and meditation.

i probably need to look into meditation myself. as for weight lifting, i started doing that daily in 2015. it was a good move. i don't push myself much; i just try to improve gradually.

eb6459eb40ba81e3c054d106dece536f.jpg

pork chops (marinated in lemon juice, adobo, sazón, whatever else was around) broccoli with garlic butter and white pepper, rice pilaf (with sautéed garlic and parsley)

i probably need to look into meditation myself. as for the weight lifting, i started doing that daily in 2015. it was a good move. i don't push myself much; i just try to improve gradually.

I thought meditation was nonsense but it actually begins to work miracles if you keep at it. It's like taking a couple of Xanax, without the after effects. You just stay awake and focus on soft pleasant thoughts. Weight lifting doesn't have to be heavy. I went from high numbers to more reps and found better results, especially with less joint load and improved tone.

BBQ chicken sandwich and Honey Crisp apples slices

I may have had some brownie batter when I was making brownies for my son and his friend.

Planning tonight's dinner. Can't decide. Waffles & bacon with locally made apple syrup, or chips & queso.

Hmmm...

Nice. What type of smoker?

I keep reading about it and wanting to start smoking, but haven't made the jump.

I just have a simple vertical smoker. You can buy them at pretty much any dept. store that has an outdoor dept. Catch them on sale and you can pick them up for under $100. If you're going to start smoking, invest in a cold smoker as well. I've got an electric one that cost me about $89. Cold smoke allows you to do smoked cheese, pre-smoke meat prior to grilling it, smoked lox, etc.

fajita made with leftover Italian beef / sautéed onion from the garden
Spanish rice

veggie chicken patty sandwich w/ garden onion and tomato
tortilla pringles

I had a martini and a few clams/oysters. That was before seeing Jim Gaffigan.

I suppose I also had some beer.

Not much of a dinner, but what are you going to do?

Bacon cheeseburger pizza, two bananas and some of my aunt's imported egg-yolk almond turron from Spain.

This time the wife cooked: an awesome medium-rare boneless leg of lamb with garlic, rosemary, and other good things. Side of these Trader Joe's grains mix.

Lamb pita with Spinach dip and and awesome cheese as the base, with Beautiful Recipe Broccoli Salad (Amish)

Chicken cutlet Diablo sandwich- chicken cutlet, broccoli rabe, long hots, provolone. I'll pay for the long hots but it was worth it.

tumblr_static_log

It's my new animal imitation diet.

Yesterday it was the Beaver diet.

Today it's my Sperm whale diet.

Back
Top Bottom