• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

celebrated my GF's birthday a day early at a cool brew pub in our area. had half of a BBQ pulled pork sandwich, a soft pretzel, and a couple french fries. it was all pretty good. the soft pretzel was probably my favorite, because i am a sucker for a soft pretzel, and this one was even better than what i'm used to.

celebrated my GF's birthday a day early at a cool brew pub in our area. had half of a BBQ pulled pork sandwich, a soft pretzel, and a couple french fries. it was all pretty good. the soft pretzel was probably my favorite, because i am a sucker for a soft pretzel, and this one was even better than what i'm used to.

One thing I love about Philly is the pretzels from Plhilly Pretzel Factory.

Homemade burgers on the grill with all the fixings, corn on the cob with butter and Old Bay, English cucumber spears. Happy Labor Day!

One thing I love about Philly is the pretzels from Plhilly Pretzel Factory.

Homemade burgers on the grill with all the fixings, corn on the cob with butter and Old Bay, English cucumber spears. Happy Labor Day!

i would love to go to Philadelphia and have an actual Philly cheesesteak. my previous boss is from there, and he used to bring back Tastykake stuff when he took trips home. now they have them here, too.

My girlfriend and I hosted a dinner party last night, and since I am the cook in the house the dinner menu and all of the cooking was on me. I made a green mango salad, basil chicken, and for dessert black sticky rice with fresh peach slices.

small steak and cheese from Charley's grilled subs
1/2 order of fries

slow cooker pork chops made with cream of mushroom / cream of celery condensed soup / as many carrots as i could chop / chopped onion from the garden. it was pretty good, but i had to add some water for the carrots, and it diluted the condensed soup too much. original recipe was designed for rice as the side. still, it turned out pretty well.

slow cooker pork chops made with cream of mushroom / cream of celery condensed soup / as many carrots as i could chop / chopped onion from the garden. it was pretty good, but i had to add some water for the carrots, and it diluted the condensed soup too much. original recipe was designed for rice as the side. still, it turned out pretty well.
How long did you cook it?

I've found that you have to be careful with adding liquid at the beginning when using a slow cooker because it retains moisture.

How long did you cook it?

I've found that you have to be careful with adding liquid at the beginning when using a slow cooker because it retains moisture.

cooked it on low (~190 - 220 F) for about ten hours. had to add the water on the front end because there were a LOT of carrots in the mix.

cooked it on low (~190 - 220 F) for about ten hours. had to add the water on the front end because there were a LOT of carrots in the mix.

Hmmm. That should have done it. Were all the carrots not done, or were they done unevenly? I ask because some recipes suggest to put hard vegetables in the bottom so they'll cook more thoroughly.

Hmmm. That should have done it. Were all the carrots not done, or were they done unevenly? I ask because some recipes suggest to put hard vegetables in the bottom so they'll cook more thoroughly.

the carrots turned out pretty well.

Bolognese over linguini

There was an unlimited pasta sale in a local Italian restaurant at the mall near my house so I tried it and had exactly that- as well as a whole bunch of other pasta dishes. Now I can hardly move. Ugh. :2sick1:

salad
chicken margherita and penne

I forget what we had for dinner, but me and the gf had dessert first.

Long day.

;)

I will likely slice up some of the roast beef left from last night, put it on some
toasted 13 grain bread, melt a sharp cheddar cheese over the top of the beef.
If I am feeling fancy, I will put some almond slices on top of the cheese before I melt it.
Add some slices of Roma tomatoes, and some lettuce, on top of some honey mustard.
( I need to stop thinking about this, it is making me hungry.)

Top round roast in the crockpot seasoned with onion soup mix, brussel sprouts sautéed in butter and olive oil with Gibsons for the Mr. and I, sugar snap peas for the kiddos.

I will likely slice up some of the roast beef left from last night, put it on some
toasted 13 grain bread, melt a sharp cheddar cheese over the top of the beef.
If I am feeling fancy, I will put some almond slices on top of the cheese before I melt it.
Add some slices of Roma tomatoes, and some lettuce, on top of some honey mustard.
( I need to stop thinking about this, it is making me hungry.)
The Roast Beef was good, but I think it needed something else.
IMG_0327.JPG

Went to a Texas style BBQ joint with my friends. We ordered several different dishes and passed them around. I had half of a smoked beef brisket sandwich and half of a grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, kettle chips, and coleslaw. They had craft beer too. :cool:

went to the festival of a neighboring town tonight.

half of a tenderloin sandwich
serving of ribbon fries
piece of funnel cake

went to the festival of a neighboring town tonight.

half of a tenderloin sandwich
serving of ribbon fries
piece of funnel cake

After we left the BBQ joint we just decided to walk around and do some bar hopping. Just two blocks away we found an all night market with over a dozen stalls selling 2 pound burgers, BBQ sausages, organic foods, pasta, dessert, Arabic food and assorted craft beers. We just looked at each other and said, "we should have eaten here instead!" :lol:

After we left the BBQ joint we just decided to walk around and do some bar hopping. Just two blocks away we found an all night market with over a dozen stalls selling 2 pound burgers, BBQ sausages, organic foods, pasta, dessert, Arabic food and assorted craft beers. We just looked at each other and said, "we should have eaten here instead!" :lol:

it was tough to choose at the fair, too. they had three places selling tenderloins, a few places selling cheesesteaks, and a whole bunch of good barbecue. the whole town square smelled great. i will say this, though : fair food has gotten a lot more expensive in the past ten years or so. six bucks for fries, eight for a sandwich, and fountain drinks were four or five bucks each. next time, i'll probably bring my own drink. still, it was fun, and the food was good. i always went to this fair as a teenager, so the nostalgia made it cool, too.

Went to a Texas style BBQ joint with my friends. We ordered several different dishes and passed them around. I had half of a smoked beef brisket sandwich and half of a grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, kettle chips, and coleslaw. They had craft beer too. :cool:
I think I'm jealous.

Shrimp pasta salad-shrimp, rotini, lettuce and tomato tossed with a mayo lemon dressing. I put it in the fridge to chill for a while then finished it with some Gibsons. It was a light, refreshing dinner after a brutality hot and humid weekend.

slow cooker Italian beef sandwich
chips

slow cooker Italian beef sandwich
chips

I could eat a sandwich for every meal.

I had St. Louis ribs, with Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, Mac & Cheese, Asparagus and French garlic bread. Chocolate ice cream pie for dessert, with whip cream and hot fudge.

Back
Top Bottom