• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Ordered Chinese last night. Beef and broccoli, veggie lo mein, steamed dumplings and eggrolls. Tasted real good going down, but I paid for it later.

kung pao noodles
sriracha egg roll

navy beans with bacon and a couple slices of beer bread.

salmon cakes
flavored rice

i haven't made salmon patties / cakes in a while, but it has been a favorite in my family since i was a kid. these were actually better than the most recent batch a couple years ago.

salmon cakes
flavored rice

i haven't made salmon patties / cakes in a while, but it has been a favorite in my family since i was a kid. these were actually better than the most recent batch a couple years ago.

"Real" salmon, or salmon out of a can? I, too, really like salmon burgers but always make the cheaper variety. I just can't bring myself to splurge on fresh fish for that.

"Real" salmon, or salmon out of a can? I, too, really like salmon burgers but always make the cheaper variety. I just can't bring myself to splurge on fresh fish for that.

canned. that's my preferred recipe.

Local Mexican place at the mall near my house was serving 10 cent tacos on their anniversary. Soft tortillas with your choice of grilled chicken or beef, onions, cilantro and fresh lime- thats it. Had a few, but my vegetarian wannabe son only ate the tortillas. :roll:

Local Mexican place at the mall near my house was serving 10 cent tacos on their anniversary. Soft tortillas with your choice of grilled chicken or beef, onions, cilantro and fresh lime- thats it. Had a few, but my vegetarian wannabe son only ate the tortillas. :roll:
I'm not a big fan of cilantro, but sometimes that kind of simplicity is best.

I'm not a big fan of cilantro, but sometimes that kind of simplicity is best.

I used to hate cilantro when i was younger, but when I started exploring Mexican, Thai and Vietnamese cuisine, I grew to like it.

Last night was my basic whole roast chicken, with garlic-rosemary (both fresh) rubbed under skin and over skin, light coating of paprika, chili powder (not spicy), thyme. Stuffing but with garlic, rosemary, onion, mushroom added.

Lunch recycling: Wrap with mayo, cheddar, lettuce, home garden tomato, scorpion pepper powder, whole garden pequin peppers, flaked red pepper, and over it: reheated breast meat and stuffing.

Good stuff.

Last night was my basic whole roast chicken, with garlic-rosemary (both fresh) rubbed under skin and over skin, light coating of paprika, chili powder (not spicy), thyme. Stuffing but with garlic, rosemary, onion, mushroom added.

Lunch recycling: Wrap with mayo, cheddar, lettuce, home garden tomato, scorpion pepper powder, whole garden pequin peppers, flaked red pepper, and over it: reheated breast meat and stuffing.

Good stuff.

Impressed.

Especially the wrap.

I've heard so many people say they don't like cilantro. I love it, it's such a fresh tasting herb.

I really like cilantro. Some people say it tastes like soap, but I don't understand it.

Tonight my neighbors and I had iron skillet steak. I don't know that I've ever had it. I thought it would be a tough, cheap piece of beef. But it was NICE! He seared it in a pan to a rare/mid-rare, and it was very tender and tasty.

I don't know that I'll ever go back to ribeye after having iron skillet steak. It's half the price and a very nice cut of meat.

lean cuisine pizza
caramel apple

I was going to do chicken with a thai-like red curry sauce and other stuff. But then I got lazy.

The wife an I ordered from our favorite local Sichuan place, deliberately over-ordering so we could pack up some lunches.

1. Pork Intestine with Chili Pepper
2. Cumin Lamb
3. Dry-Fried Shredded Beef
4. Two Flavors Pork Shank

Too good.

I really like cilantro. Some people say it tastes like soap, but I don't understand it.

Believe there's a gene (or group thereof) that determine whether or not someone has that specific taste when eating it. No doubt it's down to one chemical relatively unique to Cilantro, but I couldn't say what.

Mussels in white wine garlic broth with lots of bread for dipping, artichoke-bacon foccacia with blue cheese crumbles, gnocchi tossed with fresh mozz balls and cherry tomatoes, bottle Dreaming Tree Cabernet. The Mr. and I had a gift certificate for a new Italian place. Really good, we'll definitely be back.

panera 1/2 ham / swiss sandwich
1/2 caesar
baguette

Mussels in white wine garlic broth with lots of bread for dipping, artichoke-bacon foccacia with blue cheese crumbles, gnocchi tossed with fresh mozz balls and cherry tomatoes, bottle Dreaming Tree Cabernet. The Mr. and I had a gift certificate for a new Italian place. Really good, we'll definitely be back.

Mmm, I had the exact same dish in my trip to Italy last year. This was in Bologna:

PDTNoX5.jpg

veggie burger
baguette

Back
Top Bottom