• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We need a two party system again.

You can make up your mind about whom I am, but in my view of things I am a Georgia Redneck. Spawned from a family of rednecks, poor dirt farmers from which term redneck originated. For you redneck has political views, for me it doesn't and is more of a heritage thing from a long line of farmers. But you can't be a redneck if you don't love NASCAR, that is a must.

I love my father and brother and rednecks can be fun to party with but I would not want them in power and for the south and rural states that is reality. They hate change even when change is the right thing to do. That is where my problem is. In Oklahome I have never seen such nice people ( As long as you don't tell them you smoke pot ).

I love my father and brother and rednecks can be fun to party with but I would not want them in power and for the south and rural states that is reality. They hate change even when change is the right thing to do. That is where my problem is. In Oklahome I have never seen such nice people ( As long as you don't tell them you smoke pot ).

I have never seen someone so passionate about pot as that is normally attributed to those in their early 20's. What is it about Pot that makes this such a priority issue with you? I do believe Pot is legalized in Washington so not sure why it is so important for you to have the nation accept it

That is the very reason bad laws are so hard to change. 58% now support legalizing pot but do you think you could get it legalized nationaly? No because the rural and redneck voters would block it for sure even though it makes good pragmatic sense. When the ERA was signed in by Lynden Johnson the South joined the bible belt in voting GOP.

I was a pot head in college. Then I realized it was fing stupid. You make a good case for gridlock though. Bad law is difficult to change and gridlock slows the process and gives all parties a chance to get it right.

I can understand that, I myself is against the legalization of it. How much that has to do with my age, I don't know. I think we have enough problems with cigarettes although a long time ago I used to smoke cigars. I just can't see adding pot to that mix as it surely would lead to more lung disease. Here is something I can't figure out, my youngest daughter when she was in college knew several classmates who were all for legalizing pot, but were very anti smoking of cigarettes. To me that just didn't make sense.

Now I wouldn't fight the legalization of pot and would live with it if it happens. But I would expect the same restrictions placed on it as cigarettes. But I am a very weird guy. I just assume pot not be.

I can understand that, I myself is against the legalization of it. How much that has to do with my age, I don't know. I think we have enough problems with cigarettes although a long time ago I used to smoke cigars. I just can't see adding pot to that mix as it surely would lead to more lung disease. Here is something I can't figure out, my youngest daughter when she was in college knew several classmates who were all for legalizing pot, but were very anti smoking of cigarettes. To me that just didn't make sense.

Now I wouldn't fight the legalization of pot and would live with it if it happens. But I would expect the same restrictions placed on it as cigarettes. But I am a very weird guy. I just assume pot not be.

It is just getting back at those hypocrites who smoked cigarettes and drank while they where bashing pot. Pot is far safer than cigarettes as far as lung health. You don't chain smoke pot unless you are rich.

It is just getting back at those hypocrites who smoked cigarettes and drank while they where bashing pot. Pot is far safer than cigarettes as far as lung health. You don't chain smoke pot unless you are rich.

I never thought about the pack a day smoker

smoke is smoke, sooner or later your lungs will break.

nothing hypocritical about it. smoking cigs and drinking are legal, smoking pot (with a few exceptions) is not. maybe if you weren't high all the time you would be able to see the difference

The right used to be for freedom but no longer. Barry Goldwater supported gay rights and legalizing drugs. The right used to discredit religous fanatics but now they run the party. What happened? They are no longer electable outside the bible belt.

I agree with this to an extent. They have been coming out with some absolutely nutty candidates as of late, but some on the left are just as bad, only on the opposite end of the spectrum.

I agree with this to an extent. They have been coming out with some absolutely nutty candidates as of late, but some on the left are just as bad, only on the opposite end of the spectrum.

OK I admit it. Both sides have ran un-electable stiff's like Al Gore,Mitt,John MC and Bob Dole. Many times it comes down to personality like Bill Clinton vs George Bush1 or Barac vs Romney or Johhny MC. Lets face it most Americans do not follow politics like we do on this site and stupid stuff like looks and slick talking make all the diferance. How else did Micheal Jackson sell over seven hundred million albums. Was he really better than Pink Floyd,Yes or Led Zep? I don't think so. My point is these is no accounting for idiots or the unimformed.

nothing hypocritical about it. smoking cigs and drinking are legal, smoking pot (with a few exceptions) is not. maybe if you weren't high all the time you would be able to see the difference

It is hypocricy in the first degree. High is high. That law and order angle is sure tried and true for you conservatives. The fact is the law is not always right and you know that. It used to be legal to beat your wife and rape your slave. Did that make it right? It used to be legal to throw someone in jail over going down on your wife.Was that law right? It used to be legal in AL to have black bathrooms and white. Did that make it right? Don't spew law and order to me. The law has to be changed and social conservative stick's in the mud will fight it to no end.

smoke is smoke, sooner or later your lungs will break.

How many die from smoking pot? Let me give you a hint. It looks like a goose egg. 0 while cigarettes kill 550,000 a year. That is fact. Look it up.

OK I admit it. Both sides have ran un-electable stiff's like Al Gore,Mitt,John MC and Bob Dole. Many times it comes down to personality like Bill Clinton vs George Bush1 or Barac vs Romney or Johhny MC. Lets face it most Americans do not follow politics like we do on this site and stupid stuff like looks and slick talking make all the diferance. How else did Micheal Jackson sell over seven hundred million albums. Was he really better than Pink Floyd,Yes or Led Zep? I don't think so. My point is these is no accounting for idiots or the unimformed.

Good point. The talker with the silver tongue is more likely to get more votes but doesn't necessarily make him/her the best candidate. They also lie.

It is hypocricy in the first degree. High is high. That law and order angle is sure tried and true for you conservatives. The fact is the law is not always right and you know that. It used to be legal to beat your wife and rape your slave. Did that make it right? It used to be legal to throw someone in jail over going down on your wife.Was that law right? It used to be legal in AL to have black bathrooms and white. Did that make it right? Don't spew law and order to me. The law has to be changed and social conservative stick's in the mud will fight it to no end.

legal =/= illegal

puff puff pass. you seem to be forgetting the "pass" part.

Last edited:
How many die from smoking pot? Let me give you a hint. It looks like a goose egg. 0 while cigarettes kill 550,000 a year. That is fact. Look it up.

When used long term, the smoke itself does contain chemicals that can eventually cause respiratory issues, such as COPD or cancer.
just like cigs

the CDC and the National Highway Traffic Administration have shown that in the 1990s, nearly 20% of drivers killed in traffic incidents had narcotics in their system. During autopsy, the most common drug present was marijuana

so it looks like your little claim of "a goose egg" is a big fat LIE.

just like cigs

so it looks like your little claim of "a goose egg" is a big fat LIE.

Please don't be a dimwit my friend. Just because you have dirty piss or blood does not mean you are high. With all due respect that was stupid. You are going to have to do better than that.

Good point. The talker with the silver tongue is more likely to get more votes but doesn't necessarily make him/her the best candidate. They also lie.

That term lie is false many times. When they make a promise they don't take into account the other party may not let them keep that promise. What they should say is I will try but that does not sound good in a speach.

That term lie is false many times. When they make a promise they don't take into account the other party may not let them keep that promise. What they should say is I will try but that does not sound good in a speach.

It may not sound as good...but it would be more honest, don't you think?

What would you rather have...a good sound bite from a politician? Or an honest politician?

It may not sound as good...but it would be more honest, don't you think?

What would you rather have...a good sound bite from a politician? Or an honest politician?

Honest politician? Isn't that an oxymoron? ;)

It shouldn't be.

The thing is people get accused of lieing because when running for offfice they don't say they are going to try to do something they say they are. Just because your idea gets shot down by the other party does not make you a liar. That word is used too often.

The thing is people get accused of lieing because when running for offfice they don't say they are going to try to do something they say they are. Just because your idea gets shot down by the other party does not make you a liar. That word is used too often.

Oh, for sure...it happens on both sides. But you won't find me doing any such thing. When I accuse a politician of lying, it is because they did, in fact, lie. An example would be the lie that has gotten Obama in so much trouble lately.

But...I can give you an example of another type of lying that politicians do. Here in Colorado we had a guy named Ken Salazar...a Democrat...who ran for the Senate. He ran as a moderate and it got him elected...but as soon as he went to Washington, he dropped his moderate stance and followed the liberal party line. To me...and to a lot of Coloradans...he lied to get elected.

Obama's lies and Salazar's lies are examples of what I mean when I say, "It shouldn't be".

Oh, for sure...it happens on both sides. But you won't find me doing any such thing. When I accuse a politician of lying, it is because they did, in fact, lie. An example would be the lie that has gotten Obama in so much trouble lately.

But...I can give you an example of another type of lying that politicians do. Here in Colorado we had a guy named Ken Salazar...a Democrat...who ran for the Senate. He ran as a moderate and it got him elected...but as soon as he went to Washington, he dropped his moderate stance and followed the liberal party line. To me...and to a lot of Coloradans...he lied to get elected.

Obama's lies and Salazar's lies are examples of what I mean when I say, "It shouldn't be".

So tell me. Is the liberal stance COL took on marijuana the reason the rednecks want to leave COL or is it the fact liberals have taken over the state. I remember when I stayed with my aunt in Bolder in 1980 the state was very conservative. Almost like Oklahoma with a libertarian bent. Now because of people moving there and the Hispanic vote COL is now a blue state. Thank God they have seen the light and those poor social conservatives want to leave.

Back
Top Bottom