• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Washington Gay Marriage Law Blocked As Opponents Submit Signatures For Referendum[w47

Read my lips 5-4 upholding traditional marriage........

Maybe you missed it when I pointed out that we are far too liberal to not allow marriage equality, Navy. There's going to be a rumble come November for sure...but dont count your chickens before they hatch. If you remember, our first "Legalize Weed" Initiative had well over 300,000 signatures, putting it on the ballot...but it was voted down anyway. So the signatures collected by the Anti Marriage Equality folks really mean diddly in the big picture.

Thanks to 300,000 + people we have Initiative 502 (Legalize Weed, only with legislation this time) on the Ballot too...but when it comes down to it, even with the legislation, I'm not holding my breath.

Do you comprehend bullet proof my left wing friend......the only thing that would ever defeat this referendum is the SCOTUS and that ain't happening....

Please, NP. Washington is a pretty liberal state, maybe not as liberal as certain other states, but still. There is just as much chance that it could fail as it could pass.

And there's an even better chance of the SCOTUS overturning all same sex marriage bans anyway.

Trust me, they both exist and I'll spend a long time in Hell before I spend a day in jail.

Really? Hell exists? Prove it. Show me the entrance to hell. A simple photgraph of it would suffice.

Really? Hell exists? Prove it. Show me the entrance to hell. A simple photgraph of it would suffice.

Really? You want to go down such a childish road?

Why are you even responding to this?

Really? You want to go down such a childish road?

Why are you even responding to this?

When you talk to someone that acts like a child then sometimes you need to act like a child. Its the only way to get them to understand.

When you talk to someone that acts like a child then sometimes you need to act like a child. Its the only way to get them to understand.

I hope that isn't your parenting strategy.

Better a life in jail than an eternity in Hel, CT.

Fine with me. I won't have to make new friends. And any club that would have you as a member is not one I intend to be a part of anyways.

Ask and you shall receive....

DNC-headquarters--photobucket_606.jpg

BTW - Welcome to the Ignore List.

Please, NP. Washington is a pretty liberal state, maybe not as liberal as certain other states, but still. There is just as much chance that it could fail as it could pass.

Nah, it's like Oregon. The cities are mainly liberal, but once you get out to the countryside, mostly conservative. And the liberals here are a funny bunch. They'll goto protests and the like, then vote 180 degrees when they mail in their vote.

And there's an even better chance of the SCOTUS overturning all same sex marriage bans anyway.

I don't think so. I think they're going to issue a decision that makes it a state and congressional issue. Even with fully democrat congresses gay marriage doesn't pass, doesn't even come close.

Nah, it's like Oregon. The cities are mainly liberal, but once you get out to the countryside, mostly conservative. And the liberals here are a funny bunch. They'll goto protests and the like, then vote 180 degrees when they mail in their vote.

I don't think so. I think they're going to issue a decision that makes it a state and congressional issue. Even with fully democrat congresses gay marriage doesn't pass, doesn't even come close.

The only reason Hussein Obama went to being for gay marriage is that Gays were threatening to withhold funding for his election campaign...

Moderator's Warning:
Let's not discuss others or talk about adding them to your ignore list.

Re: Washington Gay Marriage Law Blocked As Opponents Submit Signatures For Referendum

digsbe say:Yes, Obama is beautiful, and it's flattering that you call him such in a gay marriage thread :mrgreen:

I am comfortable in my sexuality (4 grown kids) my lefty wing friend to say that Hussein Obama is a handsome fellow with the exception of thos elephant ears.....He will
be find as long as he stays out of the wind........

Re: Washington Gay Marriage Law Blocked As Opponents Submit Signatures For Referendum

The only reason Hussein Obama went to being for gay marriage is that Gays were threatening to withhold funding for his election campaign...

I am sure you can document this wild assed claim.

digsbe say:Yes, Obama is beautiful, and it's flattering that you call him such in a gay marriage thread :mrgreen:

I am comfortable in my sexuality (4 grown kids) my lefty wing friend to say that Hussein Obama is a handsome fellow with the exception of thos elephant ears.....He will
be find as long as he stays out of the wind........

I had deleted that post, but whatever. I just find it funny that you always call him "Hussein" as if it's a bad thing. It's also classless and rude to make fun of another person's physical features that they cannot control like "elephant ears"

Back
Top Bottom