• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trudeau say Americans should pay more attention to the world

Trudeau has taken Canada from the highly respected and weighty military and political power that the Harper government built, into a power that has utterly retreated from its contribution to the Allied fight against ISIS. He is the absolute worst kind of 'progressive' politician: condescending, an emphasis on style over substance, and the portrayal of pacific cowardice as wisdom that us brutish warmongers don't understand. For the duration of the Trudeau administration the United States, France, and the UK have essentially lost an ally since Canada can no longer be reliably called upon to support our numerous joint missions.

It's very disappointing.

Canadian troops on the ground, who have engaged ISIS in firefights already, will increase from 650 to 830, and those are the ones the government acknowledges. The Canadian government doesn't reveal anything about it's special-forces missions- in fact, Bush was awarding a Presidential Unit Citation to JTF 2 while the Canadian government was still refusing to acknowledge they were in Afghanistan.

5 things to know about Canada’s new anti-ISIS mission - National | Globalnews.ca

There's reasons other than timidity to not want to be involved in bombing in Syria. You may not agree with those reasons but it's definitely not cowardice. In fact, bombing an enemy with no air power and refusing to put boots on the ground sounds more cowardly.

It works there too.

Yes. It is a good tactic to point one's finger and and criticize, instead of admitting you are a free rider.

There's reasons other than timidity to not want to be involved in bombing in Syria. You may not agree with those reasons but it's definitely not cowardice. In fact, bombing an enemy with no air power and refusing to put boots on the ground sounds more cowardly.

Then you must not be talking about the US.

I think he should shut up and stick to writing Doonesbury.

God, I never thought I'd ever be able to say that Barack Obama came more qualified for the Presidency than any Canadian Prime Minister.

It's an embarrassment, isn't it? ;)

meh, maybe *shrug*

the older I get the more I am willing to lean either way with no hesitation at all depending upon the circumstance

over the years I have voted for all three parties...there are the good, the bad, and the ugly in all three

Partisanship is killing us...people are greedy and selfish and wtf use does that do anyone?

the older I get the more left I lean socially...I was in the business world for years and I was a damn good boss. I understand people and how to motivate them, how to make them loyal and how to make them produce...yay for the company and they paid me well

I see both sides and now I work public sector and all of those people who didn't bother to go to school and get an education have a pension and I don't because my company folded....luckily for me, I am a damn good investor

point is you can be a tightie rightie all you want...hell my guy is, but you won't live one second longer and you won't be one second happier than if you fed some kid or brought some sick animal home that cost you a crap load in vet bills

in fact I think a lot of the time they are filled with fear and obsessed with getting what they deserve

it's only money and in the end it means ZERO

screw it

share it regardless of who made it, no one is getting out of this life alive

just go internal...find your bliss and follow it...I'm not kidding....share, love, play, work, help....screw it

happy Trudeau daze... who the f cares, it won't make one shred of difference to my pay cheque

life is fickle and stuff happens...enjoy the moment and share what you have

there is no tomorrow

cheers

I can appreciate that, as I get older - however, as I age I have more respect for and value more the contributions of individuals to the building of this country and I hate to see them have their retirement incomes decimated because silk stockinged Liberals think they're heroes by passing out tax dollars like they grow on trees, travelling around the world passing out dollars, and then back home instituting tax increases and fees that make life harder for those who actually contributed something meaningful and useful to this country and are trying to help their children and their grandchildren make a go of it too.

Canadian troops on the ground, who have engaged ISIS in firefights already, will increase from 650 to 830, and those are the ones the government acknowledges. The Canadian government doesn't reveal anything about it's special-forces missions- in fact, Bush was awarding a Presidential Unit Citation to JTF 2 while the Canadian government was still refusing to acknowledge they were in Afghanistan.

5 things to know about Canada’s new anti-ISIS mission - National | Globalnews.ca

It's not cowardice - it's just arrogance and ignorance and a belief that everything that Harper did was/is wrong. Reinstituting citizenship for dual citizens who are convicted of terrorist acts in Canada is another example of a policy instituted with no rational reason other than it's counter to what Harper instituted. It's dangerous and it's stupid.

I can appreciate that, as I get older - however, as I age I have more respect for and value more the contributions of individuals to the building of this country and I hate to see them have their retirement incomes decimated because silk stockinged Liberals think they're heroes by passing out tax dollars like they grow on trees, travelling around the world passing out dollars, and then back home instituting tax increases and fees that make life harder for those who actually contributed something meaningful and useful to this country and are trying to help their children and their grandchildren make a go of it too.
if you seriously think that because someone leans right they have your best interest or the countries at heart you are completely misguided about human nature and greed

I have to tell you John, my life was not one iota easier when I voted for Harper than it was when I voted for Chretien...that is just reality

if yours is, well good for you because to me the Duff is a prime example of the heinas in politics, Harper threw that fat f**k under the bus faster than you could say his name...but hey, months earlier when the Duff was doing fund raising for him and shaking paws all over the place that mo-fo sucking off of the public t*t was golden

screw the parties and look after yourself meaning your own integrity

and speaking of that, the only thing worth fighting for is our daily freedom under either party...the rest is a crap shoot not even worth taking up your time

we live in a democracy....the rest is irrelevant, regardless of who is king

Last edited:
if you seriously think that because someone leans right they have your best interest or the countries at heart you are completely misguided about human nature and greed

I have to tell you John, my life was not one iota easier when I voted for Harper than it was when I voted for Chretien...that is just reality

if yours is, well good for you because to me the Duff is a prime example of the heinas in politics, Harper threw that fat f**k under the bus faster than you could say his name...but hey, months earlier when the Duff was doing fund raising for him and shaking paws all over the place that mo-fo sucking off of the public t*t was golden

screw the parties and look after yourself meaning your own integrity

and speaking of that, the only thing worth fighting for is our daily freedom under either party...the rest is a crap shoot not even worth taking up your time

we live in a democracy....the rest is irrelevant, regardless of who is king

Harper reduced taxes, and a prime one was a reduction of the GST. Unfortunately, a lot of people in Ontario didn't benefit from those tax reductions because the irresponsible and criminal Liberal government in Ontario filled that tax vacuum and more.

In addition, left leaning governments in Canada, Ontario in particular and now in Alberta and federally, are going to kill the average middle class consumer with carbon taxing and other nonsense climate change initiatives that will do nothing for the climate but fill the pockets of big polluters and those governments who will then pick winners to lavish/waste money on.

It's makes me so angry, so I'm done discussing it for now.

nothing to counter

you don't know what you are talking about unless you are military and if you WERE military you NEVER would have made that comment for it is one said with blind ignorance

On the contrary, I have over 40 years' experience in these matters. I have the highest respect for Canada's special operators, but the temptation for Canada's leaders on the left to posture while remaining secure under the US umbrella has been a constant feature.

Harper reduced taxes, and a prime one was a reduction of the GST. Unfortunately, a lot of people in Ontario didn't benefit from those tax reductions because the irresponsible and criminal Liberal government in Ontario filled that tax vacuum and more.

In addition, left leaning governments in Canada, Ontario in particular and now in Alberta and federally, are going to kill the average middle class consumer with carbon taxing and other nonsense climate change initiatives that will do nothing for the climate but fill the pockets of big polluters and those governments who will then pick winners to lavish/waste money on.

It's makes me so angry, so I'm done discussing it for now.
Alberta? seriously?

come on

can we say fiscal irresponsibility almost beyond comparison

as for your anger it's because you are buying the line and have lost your momentum because there is none to be had

cheers, I couldn't care less who steers the ship as long as it doesn't sink and even Trudeau senior and Harper didn't manage to do that so let's give the kid a chance

On the contrary, I have over 40 years' experience in these matters. I have the highest respect for Canada's special operators, but the temptation for Canada's leaders on the left to posture while remaining secure under the US umbrella has been a constant feature.

really because from your comment one could never have guessed you have any respect for Canada's special operators at all

which are bar none by the way and any US military person would have ripped you a new one for what you just said, guaranteed

if you are so secure in your particular posturing that would never have been said

really because from your comment one could never have guessed you have any respect for Canada's special operators at all

which are bar none by the way and any US military person would have ripped you a new one for what you just said, guaranteed

if you are so secure in your particular posturing that would never have been said

Since I am in daily contact with US military personnel, and have heard from them just what I posted, I doubt you know what you're talking about. Moreover, my military interaction over the decades has been mainly in the SOF community. You're in over your head. Now my grandchildren have arrived for dinner. Out.

Since I am in daily contact with US military personnel, and have heard from them just what I posted, I doubt you know what you're talking about. Moreover, my military interaction over the decades has been mainly in the SOF community. You're in over your head. Now my grandchildren have arrived for dinner. Out.

you doubt I know what I am talking about...that is rich...you doubt but you aren't sure, is that what you mean, well yes it is

no you were being arrogant

and you were bitten back

Alberta? seriously?

come on

can we say fiscal irresponsibility almost beyond comparison

as for your anger it's because you are buying the line and have lost your momentum because there is none to be had

cheers, I couldn't care less who steers the ship as long as it doesn't sink and even Trudeau senior and Harper didn't manage to do that so let's give the kid a chance

Sorry - can't do it - I'm passionate about my country and it's politics and I hate to see what's happening.

not so free speech supporting now are ya...funny how quickly the tide changes

Im so hoping you know that it was a joke and you arent actually taking it serious.

Back
Top Bottom