• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trial starts for Arizona border rancher charged with killing migrant on his property

Agree. Biden invited illegals to surge the border. The context is as plain as Biden's dementia.
You have not proved he invited illegals. In your clip he was talking about asylum seekers. (context)

I can agree the Biden Administration has done a poor job on the border. Congress has been no help.

Funny, you are a doctor now? Have you tested Biden? While you are at it please test Trump. His word salad speeches at time are a concern.

But what is that?! Sure, he tells them what they want to hear, …
All politicians tell their supporters what they want to hear. Even Obama acknowledged that “politicians have always lied”.
… but he consistently fails to follow through....and they know it!
Less than Obama, but more than Biden.
So, what do they actually want?! I have my psychological theories (at the end), but of his "what-they-wanted-to-hear" campaign promises, 53% were immediately abandoned and/or broken, and 22% were compromised. The loudest are on top:
Which campaign promises, of the 53% you cite, did Traitor Trump “immediately abandon”?
- They wanted a wall and for Mexico to pay for it? He failed.
True.
- They wanted him to remove all undocumented immigrants. He failed.
Traitor Trump never promised to remove all undocumented immigrants. He made a vague statement that “they will go out”.
- They wanted mandatory minimum sentences for criminals caught trying to re-enter the U.S. illegally? He failed.
Another thing Traitor Trump did not promise to do. He said “On my first day in office, I am also going to ask Congress to pass 'Kate’s Law”.
- Millions of immigrants came across the border and not once in 2017, 2018, 2019, and in 2020 did he "close the border."
In March of ‘20, Traitor Trump announced that he would shutdown parts of our Southern border, but relented after receiving strong pushback from his own administration officials.
- They wanted him to end birthright citizenship? Abandoned.
Was never a possibility without amending our Constitution, and that wasn’t/isn’t going to happen.
- They wanted him to triple ICE enforcement? He failed.
- They wanted him to cancel all funding of sanctuary cities? He failed.
Never legitimate promises due budget constraints and inability to pass through both Houses.
- They wanted him to repeal Obamacare? He failed.
Certainly not for lack of trying, and he came damn close.

RIP John McCain.
- He promised no cuts to Medicaid. He cut.
Where? When? Post supporting links.
- They wanted him to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary? Abandoned.
Not within presidential powers, and everyone with at least half a brain knew it was BS when Traitor Trump said it on the campaign trail.
- They wanted him to "drain the swamp?" He proved to be the swamp as he hammed up their conspiracies of a "deep state."
All true.
- A lifetime ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections? Abandoned.
Biden’s ‘20 campaign accepted $125K in contributions from foreign lobbyists.
In fact, his family made near $2B from foreign governments while in Office! (SWAMP)
Likely way more than $2B, considering that amount was just one of many very lucrative private transactions involving Traitor Trump family members.
- They wanted him to renegotiate Obama's Iran deal? He simply walked away and re-opened the door to an Iranian nuke.
They wanted Traitor Trump to pull America out of the JCPOA. He did.

As has been demonstrated by my answering several of your above assertions, many “promises” were BS from the get-go, while many that others weren’t accomplished weren’t unsuccessful for lack of trying, others did achieve some degree of success, some were actually successful, and some you misrepresented as “promises” that actually weren’t.
**** I mean, what did they want, that he gave?
IMO, Traitor Trump’s greatest, and certain to be most lasting achievement in the eyes of his supporters and actual Republicans/conservatives, more broadly, is his success in reshaping our federal judiciary by his lifetime appointments of 226 judges, and 3 SCOTUS Justices.

One of the many things that make them look like the German conservatives of the 1930s. They too thought they could control their chosen one. Except, Hitler actually led his people. Trump simply panders to the extremism of the day to feel loved.
Agree.
Of course, not. He only took credit for it after Red States began banning it.
Traitor Trump made his intention of putting anti-choice Justices on the high court all the way back in ‘16.

He owns the chaos and unjustifiable misery being inflicted on girls/women across America.
You think most are Christian Nationalists?
No, I don’t, and that isn’t what I said.
They (mostly) want a white Christian Nationalist agenda, and Traitor Trump obliges.

Anyone ever thought that if the government would do the job it's supposed to do at the border these things would not be happening.
Perhaps you should take that up with the GOP and MAGA-mites who have voted against the immigration bill that would have laid down a foundation for future laws concerning immigration because Trump said it would be more politically expedient to for him if they did.

And those two bills that were designed to actually keep border hoppers in humane facilities, increase the courts and resulting infrastructure to judge these cases in a matter of a week or two instead of two years and upgrading and paying for the agencies that patrol our borders...all in the effort to prevent from releasing them into the nation to begin with...only to kill them in committee because there was no wall spending...another right wing political reason to justify Trump's wishes during his time as president.

So, yeah, the folks in the GOP and MAGA-land need cases like this to run....so they cynically did Trump's bidding and have been allowing things like this to happen....just to falsely create a platform to run on.

Any time something like this happens, every time a woman or girl gets raped by an illegal, any other crimes done by illegals...it is on the heads of Trump, the GOP and anyone who supports them.

The right has lost the moral ground on this now and has NO right to bitch about it.

All politicians tell their supporters what they want to hear. Even Obama acknowledged that “politicians have always lied”.

The full quote: “Politicians have always lied, but it used to be if you caught them lying they’d be like, Oh, man... Now, they just keep on lying.” Context always matters.

There is the inability to succeed, due to compromise or partisan block; and there is simply lying. Trump may as well have promised his voters that they will all have apartments on the moon. Even when it came to the economy, this habitual liar, proved himself.

Less than Obama, but more than Biden.

Not true.

So far, Biden's broken promises come to 2%. The rest are considered "stalled" or "in the works," but will have to shift if not re-elected in November. But Biden has kept 27% (Trump kept 23%) and has had to compromise only 8% (Trump compromised 22%). Trump's broken promises, however, before the 2020 election, were towards the 50% range already, because a lot of his promises were either ridiculous to begin with (wall), or he simply abandoned them outright ("lock her up" "drain the swamp"). This is where you get actual lies. Nowhere did, or would, Obama or Biden tell the American people that Mexico is going to build America's wall, or, later, that a global pandemic is just going to go away. These lies went beyond campaign promises. They extended throughout his tenure. Toss in his Big Lie, and Trump was virtually nothing but a bookended lie.

Where? When? Post supporting links.

Cuts to Medicaid: "Despite Donald Trump's campaign promise, his administration has taken several steps to scale back Medicaid."

2017: The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services posted new guidance that allowed states to ask permission to require Medicaid recipients to meet a work requirement.
2018: The Trump Admin released guidance that lets states take away Medicaid coverage from people who aren’t working...for a specified number of hours each month.
2019: The Trump Admin proposed a rule in November 2019 that would make it harder for states to pay for their share of Medicaid costs.
2020: The Trump Admin invited states to seek demonstration projects... ..likely to worsen many enrollees’ health by taking away coverage and reducing access to care.
2020: Per the 2019 rule, only six States have received federal approval for work requirements, and 10 more States were still pending as of June 26, 2020.

This is a long republican tactic. They promise not to touch Social Security and Medicaid, but chip away.

Biden’s ‘20 campaign accepted $125K in contributions from foreign lobbyists.

This was a Trump promise.
As has been demonstrated by my answering several of your above assertions, many “promises” were BS from the get-go...

Exactly my point. Trump lives in the moment. He will tell them absolutely anything, shrug it off, and they still believe in him.
IMO, Traitor Trump’s greatest, and certain to be most lasting achievement in the eyes of his supporters and actual Republicans/conservatives, more broadly, is his success in reshaping our federal judiciary by his lifetime appointments of 226 judges, and 3 SCOTUS Justices.
But this is a false "accomplishment." It was McConnel who, for the first time in American history, denied a seated President his choice for Supreme Court in 2016. It was McConnel who handed that to the next President, whoever that was going to be. And with two Justices dying during Trump's tenure, it's not like he set out to reshape the Court. It was an accident, not a goal.

Traitor Trump made his intention of putting anti-choice Justices on the high court all the way back in ‘16.

Um...shit. I had completely forgotten this. But this would be a "promise" that was about luck. It wasn't about pushing legislation or vetoing a Congressional Bill. He couldn't create those vacancies. It just worked out for him. And any Republican would have done the same.

He owns the chaos and unjustifiable misery being inflicted on girls/women across America.

He certainly does. But I would blame Democrats and Independents (registered and not) for this. Sure, Clinton took the popular, but so many Democrats abstained while so many Independents erred on the side of Trump. All those who either abstained or handed Trump their vote in battleground states, own this. Especially the women who are now angry about the trashing of Roe v Wade.

No, I don’t, and that isn’t what I said.

I'm not understanding where I disconnected. Below...

You think most are Christian Nationalists?
No, I don’t, and that isn’t what I said....
They (mostly) want a white Christian Nationalist agenda, and Traitor Trump obliges.

Unless you meant "they" as being the Christian Nationalists and not the MAGA masses? Because how can "they (mostly) want a Christian Nationalist agenda," and not be mostly Christian Nationalists?

I think most of MAGA have simply gravitated towards the latest extremist movement or slogan. Just like they did for "Tea Party" to "Birther Movement," to "MAGA," to now using Christian Nationalism as their rallying cry against their fantasies of evil. Just like they do from denigrating their own as "rinos" to now "uniparty." Aside from the naming conventions, not much has changed since Gingrich first introduced extremist politics and opposition as GOP policy; and ever since Paul Ryan and the "Young Guns" coined the "Party of No" in 2008.

They just drift from one label to the next, with no care of what it is doing to the country and what it means for the future of their own kids. You know, like Clinton haters and females asking themselves in 2016, "What's the harm in electing this Trump fella?"

Um...shit. I had completely forgotten this. But this would be a "promise" that was about luck.
“Luck” is one of numerous factors that always plays a role in any administration’s success in appointing judges/Justices.

In Traitor Trump’s case, having control of both Houses and the White House for the first half of his term also made seating conservative/Federalist candidates on federal benches easier.

Having knowledgeable, experienced, and tactically focused legal/political advisers picking/proposing judicial candidates also contributed significantly.

Bottom line for any part of a president’s record in office, how much or little personal involvement doesn’t matter, good or bad, they own it.
He certainly does. …. Especially the women who are now angry about the trashing of Roe v Wade.
Plenty of supportable blame to go around.

Doesn’t change the fact that historians will place the ultimate blame/credit (depending on pov) for Roe’s demise on Traitor Trump.
I'm not understanding where I disconnected. Below...
I didn’t assert that all, or even most Traitor Trump supporters are Christian Nationalists (white or otherwise). Hell, most of Traitor Trump’s supporters probably don’t what Christian Nationalism is, including those that fully fit into the category.

My asserted belief is that most Traitor Trump supporters agree with and want elements of Christian Nationalist ideology in our government/society.
Unless you meant "they" as being the Christian Nationalists and not the MAGA masses? Because how can "they (mostly) want a Christian Nationalist agenda," and not be mostly Christian Nationalists?
Agreeing with/supporting elements of any group’s agenda doesn’t automatically make a person a member of the group.

I support the tenets of the 10 commandments, but do not believe in any deity.

Get it?
The full quote: “Politicians have always lied, …
I watched Obama’s entire speech.

The snippet I cited was in context of his meaning and our conversation.
Not true.
True.

In the context of percentage of “promises made, promises delivered”, Traitor Trump scored higher than Biden.
IMG_7767.jpeg
IMG_7766.jpeg

We likely agree on many, if not most of the reasons why/why not any promise was kept. I was referring to end results, and by that measurement Traitor Trump beats Biden.
You asserted;
None of your above cut/paste bullets actually supports your claim.

For all his puffery, Traitor Trump did not actually make any cuts to Medicaid.

As for the work for benefits effort;
“The Trump administration authorized 13 states’ work requirements, which tied Medicaid to employment, though only Arkansas’ got off the ground. More than 18,000 people were removed from the rolls in that state before a U.S. District Court judge blocked the program in 2019 and the Biden administration revoked states’ approvals, effectively stifling efforts nationwide.“
But this is a false "accomplishment."
As I pointed out at the beginning of this post, there are numerous factors involved in the successes/failures of any administration’ accomplishments.

No president personally manages the very many objectives of their administration. It would be literally impossible.

Doesn’t change the fact that they “own” the results.

* Apologies for truncating your comments. It was the only way I could respond and stay within the 5K character posting limit.

“Luck” is one of numerous factors that always plays a role in any administration’s success in appointing judges/Justices.

Yeah, but appointing left or right-leaning Supreme Court judges is not a matter of legislation. Thus, if a President declares that he will appoint left or right-leaning judges, and no vacancies occur, he can hardly be accused of lying. He needs for the condition to present itself. And then what? A Republican is going to appoint a left-leaning Judge?!

In Traitor Trump’s case, having control of both Houses and the White House for the first half of his term also made seating conservative/Federalist candidates on federal benches easier.

Yes, but not any easier when it came to launching an investigation into Hillary, or creating infrastructure legislation, or border security legislation, etc. Trump and the GOP focused virtually entirely on the 2017 Tax Cut and Jobs Act and the routine of appointing heavily right-leaning judges. Their only real goal was clear. In the meantime, Biden and his Democrats passed great bi-partisan legislation between 2021 and 2023, before Republicans took the House back and proved to be one of the worst governing bodies in American history. And this is why I refer Trump loyalists to those two years (2016~2018), as evidence that none of what Republicans are whining about today, mattered at all when they had the ability to do something. Even the border. It's all posturing.

My asserted belief is that most Traitor Trump supporters agree with and want elements of Christian Nationalist ideology in our government/society.

Get it?

Yup. And I agree with that.

In the context of percentage of “promises made, promises delivered”, Traitor Trump scored higher than Biden.

What are you talking about? Your own pictures show that this is not true:

Trump:

1711562047816.png

Biden:
1711562080569.png

Trump is done. Biden is still working it. The funny thing is that it has been Biden that has been getting some of Trump's promises fulfilled. He's the one that passed infrastructure. The one that has "drilled, drilled, drilled." The one that is actually bringing manufacturing jobs back. And he even just almost passed a border security Bill, of which Trump axed! After November, which will give Biden another four years (if he makes it out alive) to fulfill more of his promises, I fully expect a Democrat Congress and Biden to pass legislation on the border. Like they proved between 2021 and 2023, they will create good bi-partisan legislation (that MAGA Republicans will again reject, but again take credit for later).

None of your above cut/paste bullets actually supports your claim.

Dude, all of that came from Politifact, the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, and the Federal Register. As per the Republican game, chipping at it and weakening it so that States can deny it is how they are cutting it.

Last edited:
Yeah, but appointing left or right-leaning Supreme Court judges is not a matter of legislation.
You’re the one that brought up legislation in a conversation about the judiciary. Not me.

I’m well aware of the fact that creating/implementing legislation and appointing/approving federal judgeships and SCOTUS Justices are two entirely different things.
Yes, but not any easier when it came to launching an investigation into Hillary, …
Traitor Trump didn’t launch any investigation into Hillary Clinton.
… or creating infrastructure legislation, or border security legislation, etc.
Again, I’m aware of the history behind Traitor Trump’s refusal to engage in infrastructure talks with Dems until/unless they ceased investigations into his conduct.
Trump and the GOP focused virtually entirely on the 2017 Tax Cut and Jobs Act and the routine of appointing heavily right-leaning judges. Their only real goal was clear.
True. Their intent was clear, and they achieved their objectives on those to issues.
In the meantime, Biden and his Democrats passed great bi-partisan legislation between 2021 and 2023,
Yep.
before Republicans took the House back and proved to be one of the worst governing bodies in American history.
Agree.
And this is why I refer Trump loyalists to those two years (2016~2018), as evidence that none of what Republicans are whining about today, mattered at all when they had the ability to do something. Even the border. It's all posturing.
Agree again.
What are you talking about? Your own pictures show that this is not true:

Trump:

View attachment 67501302

Biden:
View attachment 67501303

Trump is done. Biden is still working it.
And there’s very little (really, no) chance that Biden will catch up to Traitor Trump.
Biden that has been getting some of Trump's promises fulfilled. He's the one that passed infrastructure. The one that has "drilled, drilled, drilled." The one that is actually bringing manufacturing jobs back.
Yep.
And he even just almost passed a border security Bill, of which Trump axed!
Agree.
After November, which will give Biden another four years (if he makes it out alive) to fulfill more of his promises,
Hopefully. As Traitor Trump is again his opponent, I’ll be voting for Biden a 2nd time.
I fully expect a Democrat Congress and Biden to pass legislation on the border. Like they proved between 2021 and 2023, they will create good bi-partisan legislation (that MAGA Republicans will again reject, but again take credit for later).
Dems will need both Houses, or a major shift in Republican leadership thinking to succeed.

If Biden beats Traitor Trump in November, I believe that many Republican officials will begin pulling away from MAGAt goals that they have been cowed into supporting.
Dude, all of that came from Politifact, the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, and the Federal Register.
Dude, your own references did not support your claim;
As per the Republican game, chipping at it and weakening it so that States can deny it is how they are cutting it.
Piss poor recovery attempt.

Dude, your own references did not support your claim;

Yes, they clearly do. And it was mostly Red States that embraced what he did. They clearly show that new work requirement waivers undermined Trump's pledge not to cut Medicaid. While the Trump's administration continued to ask the Supreme Court to overturn the Affordable Care Act, which expanded Medicaid in the states that chose to participate:

- The Trump Admin pushed new guidance and rules upon States, thereby forcing many to have to ask for federal assistance, most of which never came. It effectively cut people off from Medicaid as they scrambled to pay (or not pay) medical bills on their own.

- The Trump Admin gave States unprecedented authority to require people in poverty to pay premiums for their health coverage; and approved a Wisconsin proposal to let it take coverage away from people with incomes below the poverty line if they could not pay monthly premiums. I mean, they are below the poverty line for a reason, yeah? No health coverage for you!

- In the meantime, the Trump Admin capped federal funding and shifted financial risk to the States, with federal funding cuts most likely to occur when states can least absorb them — "such as during recessions, public health emergencies, and other times when states face both high demand for coverage and strain on other parts of their budgets." That would pressure states to use new and existing authorities to cut coverage.

- And with all of this, the Trump Admin encouraged States to make it harder for some participants to even enroll or remain enrolled.

Piss poor recovery attempt.

I don't see where anything needs a recovery. It's all right there. Were you looking for a piece of legislation that stated "Cut Medicaid Bill?!" That's not how they have been doing it.

During the democrat primary debates 2020.

Sweet baby jesus.
He is calling for THE GOVERNMENT to surge to the border. To process asylum seekers faster so it can be determine quickly if they have a legitimate lawful claim for asylum or need to be deported!..

Sweet baby jesus.
He is calling for THE GOVERNMENT to surge to the border. To process asylum seekers faster so it can be determine quickly if they have a legitimate lawful claim for asylum or need to be deported!..
Do you honestly believe what you just said?

Sweet baby jesus.
All part of Biden's Great Replacement Plan, haven't you heard?
Ask any Rightie, they got the goods on Biden. ;)

The worst part of this is that the ugly half of America will be cheering for the killer. There truly is a sickness in the US about murdering people.
Americans praise the wrong values that the developed world views as 'barbaric'. That said, it's best to be this way rather than what we see in Germany.

Do you honestly believe what you just said?
Well..its what he said in your video.

He says " we" will surge to the border..

Not the first time that OP has posted something where you got the wording all mixed up.

And he says

He stumbled over his words. He also said "If you're fleeing oppression, you should come".

So our government is fleeing oppression? Maybe you ought to try again.

Not the first time that OP has posted something where you got the wording all mixed up.
I didn't stumble over my words. Biden did. So our government is fleeing oppression?

And he says

He stumbled over his words. He also said "If you're fleeing oppression, you should come".

So our government is fleeing oppression? Maybe you ought to try again.
If you are fleeing oppression, you should come, and we will surge to the border to help process you. NO WHERE did Biden invite illegals to surge the border.
You really are having a hard time, aren't you, with words and sentence structure?

I didn't stumble over my words. Biden did. So our government is fleeing oppression?
He didn't say that either but at this point I have to believe that you are just being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse. I mean NO ONE can be THIS clueless as to be unable to understand what is being said in a simple sentence.

Back
Top Bottom