• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tim Kaine Once Said Cheating Politicians Should Resign—Including Bill Clinton

I believe there were a lot of people at the time, including myself, who felt the exact same way and said the exact same thing. Many in the media actually said the same thing. Unfortunately, many in America have short memories and now Billy Boy is some liberal deity who apparently was the most successful President EEEVVEERRRR.

Good job Mr. Kaine. Now, let's see if he actually keeps the same view - being the VP nominee shouldn't affect that view one bit.

True story. The Clinton-Lewinsky thing was the last straw that caused me to leave the Republican party. The willingness to throw the entire country into turmoil over a BJ combined with hypocritical self-righteousness was too much for me to take. To my mind it wasn't my business what anyone was doing with respect to that sort of thing, and it certainly wasn't the kind of thing to try and get a President removed from office over, particularly when the recovery was going so well and we were relatively at peace with the rest of the world.

I have an irritating habit of caring much more about country than party though, so maybe that's just me.

I'd much rather have a horny guy as President, but who's good at the job than the Bible-thumping moron who so grossly mismanaged almost every important thing that was ever thrown at him who followed said horny guy.

Spinning this is easy...just do what Obama and Hillary have done: Evolve.

It's easier than that, actually:

Tim Kaine isn't running with Bill Clinton.

True story. The Clinton-Lewinsky thing was the last straw that caused me to leave the Republican party. The willingness to throw the entire country into turmoil over a BJ combined with hypocritical self-righteousness was too much for me to take. To my mind it wasn't my business what anyone was doing with respect to that sort of thing, and it certainly wasn't the kind of thing to try and get a President removed from office over, particularly when the recovery was going so well and we were relatively at peace with the rest of the world.

I have an irritating habit of caring much more about country than party though, so maybe that's just me.

I'd much rather have a horny guy as President, but who's good at the job than the Bible-thumping moron who so grossly mismanaged almost every important thing that was ever thrown at him who followed said horny guy.

The Republicans didn't put us through that over a BJ. They did over Bill lying under oath...about a BJ.

Never mind. That sounds just as stupid.

Tim Kaine Once Said Cheating Politicians Should Resign?Including Bill Clinton - The Daily Beast

I bet Cheryl Mills and Huma are going nuts right now trying to figure out how to spin this. The hits keep coming for the Clintons. There just isn't enough Lysol in the world.

Forgive me, but I am missing the point here. So what if Kaine thinks Bill Clinton should have resigned. Is Bill Clinton running? Has Tim Kaine been caught in an affair?
What are earth you driving at? yes, hillary has warts, but no where near the warts the Donald has. Don't make stuff up.

Forgive me, but I am missing the point here. So what if Kaine thinks Bill Clinton should have resigned. Is Bill Clinton running? Has Tim Kaine been caught in an affair?
What are earth you driving at? yes, hillary has warts, but no where near the warts the Donald has. Don't make stuff up.

So speaketh an apologist for all things leftist.

I am driving at the fact that Bill's baggage is Hillary's baggage. They are married, husband and enabler. That is the way the situation will be used by the Trump campaign. I actually think it is fair in this situation.

You'll pardon me if I don't believe you. No person who believes in conservative principles, best met although not perfectly by the Republican Party in the US, abandons that party and becomes a liberal because of the Republican Party's handling of the Clinton impeachment.

Clinton's economy benefited from a Republican House that controlled him and his spending and a technological spike and bubble that drove the economy and the stock market and conveniently crashed as he was leaving office. But hey, you're not alone in your delusion, and the Clinton's thank you every time they check their personal bank accounts.

I actually think it is funny to watch some of the liberals wonder why this is an issue and then go into another thread and holler about Duke and his endorsement of Trump ignoring the fact that Trump has refused the endorsement. Hillary hasn't disavowed Slick Willy's endorsement. Exactly the same only totally different.

I don't believe a word of this whole post. To be clear I think it is total fiction. The statement you made is a complete fabrication, from where you said you were a conservative to the end where you said it was only about a BJ.

You'll pardon me if I don't believe you. No person who believes in conservative principles, best met although not perfectly by the Republican Party in the US, abandons that party and becomes a liberal because of the Republican Party's handling of the Clinton impeachment.

Clinton's economy benefited from a Republican House that controlled him and his spending and a technological spike and bubble that drove the economy and the stock market and conveniently crashed as he was leaving office. But hey, you're not alone in your delusion, and the Clinton's thank you every time they check their personal bank accounts.

Hell, Bill Clinton was more conservative than liberal.

I am driving at the fact that Bill's baggage is Hillary's baggage. They are married, husband and enabler. That is the way the situation will be used by the Trump campaign. I actually think it is fair in this situation.

OK, Bill should resign....

"enabler?" you watch too much Fox. That is beyond ridiculous AND who are you to tell other married people how to run their marriage?

OK, Bill should resign....

"enabler?" you watch too much Fox. That is beyond ridiculous AND who are you to tell other married people how to run their marriage?

I don't watch Fox. As a matter of fact I don't watch any news on TV. I am not telling anyone how to run their marriage. I just don't want two broke down politicians, void of any ethics or morals in the White House. I see there is a double standard here. Trump can refuse the endorsement form David Duke but liberals still seem to bring it up all the time. Trump isn't married to David Duke. Hillary IS married to Bill. Wasn't it Hillary that said that any woman that claims she was raped is to be believed until proven wrong?

Hell, Bill Clinton was more conservative than liberal.

No, Bill Clinton was a weak leader who was lead by a strong conservative House. He appears conservative to those not paying attention because the US economy and government was largely managed by that conservative House.

Billy Boy was only interested in the perks and the wave of gravy he was going to be able to ride from his election as President. The Clinton Foundation is the same type of personal vanity project the Clintons live for.

But hey, I'm used to liberals claiming their failed Presidents are conservatives. Isn't that the same thing you guys always bleat about President Obama - he's too conservative?? It's laughable. Next you'll be telling me that Justin Trudeau is more conservative then Stephen Harper, because we all know Justin Trudeau is an imbecile.

Uhh, dude. It's a fair rebuttal that cheating on a spouse is criticism you level at the cheater. Hillary Clinton is the victim here. Attacking the victim of infidelity is what ****ty people do.

Uhh, dude. It's a fair rebuttal that cheating on a spouse is criticism you level at the cheater. Hillary Clinton is the victim here. Attacking the victim of infidelity is what ****ty people do.

Are you sure you want to defend upsideguy with this post?

I mean, the stuff you present not only doesn't have anything to do with what upsideguy said...since upsideguy was talking about Kaine and Bill, but it's a pretty pathetic effort if you are trying to portray Hillary as some kind of victim. Not only has she done pretty well for herself politically and financially by aiding and abetting her cheating husband, she does that which you state defines a ****ty person...that is, attacking the vicitim.

Are you sure you want to defend upsideguy with this post?

I mean, the stuff you present not only doesn't have anything to do with what upsideguy said, but it's a pretty pathetic effort if you are trying to portray Hillary as some kind of victim. Not only has she done pretty well for herself politically and financially by aiding and abetting her cheating husband, she does that which you state defines a ****ty person...that is, attacking the vicitim.

You're using this post to defend attacking a woman for actions of her husband? This thread is about Tim Kaine's previous statements regarding infidelity. Those statements are about Bill, not Hillary. But you people are attacking Hillary over this. (and everything else)

Good thing Bill Clinton isn't running for office then I guess.

Hillary has already said he's going to run the economy. So, yes, he's subject to scrutiny, as well.

Hillary has already said he's going to run the economy. So, yes, he's subject to scrutiny, as well.

He's not going to run anything because he doesn't have any actual authority.

You're using this post to defend attacking a woman for actions of her husband? This thread is about Tim Kaine's previous statements regarding infidelity. Those statements are about Bill, not Hillary. But you people are attacking Hillary over this. (and everything else)

Clinton went after Donald Trump's kids. Are you cool with that?

You're using this post to defend attacking a woman for actions of her husband?

Not at all.

I haven't attacked Hillary at all for the actions of her husband. What makes you think I have?

Let's see...

1. I responded to upsideguy for mounting an apologetic defense for Kaine's previous statements about Bill.

2. I questioned you about whether you really want to defend upsideguy.

3. I questioned your portrayal of Hillary as a victim.

Nope...I don't see anything here attacking Hillary.

Oh...I see you edited your post.

The fact is, I didn't say a word about Hillary until YOU brought her up. Now, since you don't think we should be talking about her I'm wondering why you said anything about her in the first place? Another one of those pathetic little forum debate tricks, eh?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom