• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tim Kaine Once Said Cheating Politicians Should Resign—Including Bill Clinton

NonoBadDog

Hates Kittens
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
So did Tim Kaine, who was the state’s lieutenant governor at the time. And according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch, he said he also believed Bill Clinton should have resigned from the presidency over his own sex scandals.
Here’s what the paper wrote, in a story published June 8, 2002:

“If the allegations are true, he should definitely resign,” Kaine said, adding he held the same view about President Clinton during the Monica Lewinsky sex scandal.

“That is an intolerable way to treat women and it’s not something that the state should be dragged through.”

A report in The Washington Post, also published on June 8, 2002, characterized his views the same way:
Lt. Gov. Timothy M. Kaine (D), who may face [state Attorney General Jerry] Kilgore in the 2005 governor’s race, likened the matter to the sexual scandal of President Bill Clinton and White House intern Monica S. Lewinsky, saying, "If the allegations are true, he ought to resign.”

“Somebody in public life shouldn’t behave that way toward women,” Kaine said. “It’s tawdry. It’s not the leadership that Virginia should have.”

Tim Kaine Once Said Cheating Politicians Should Resign?Including Bill Clinton - The Daily Beast

I bet Cheryl Mills and Huma are going nuts right now trying to figure out how to spin this. The hits keep coming for the Clintons. There just isn't enough Lysol in the world.

Ya know, if you fluff the hair on the sides of Kaine's head, he kinda looks like a clown.

The liberals will be here shortly to tell us all how it'll be spun. :lol:

If cheating politicians resigned, we'd have no one left.

I believe there were a lot of people at the time, including myself, who felt the exact same way and said the exact same thing. Many in the media actually said the same thing. Unfortunately, many in America have short memories and now Billy Boy is some liberal deity who apparently was the most successful President EEEVVEERRRR.

Good job Mr. Kaine. Now, let's see if he actually keeps the same view - being the VP nominee shouldn't affect that view one bit.

Ya know, if you fluff the hair on the sides of Kaine's head, he kinda looks like a clown.

1465995920618.cached.jpg
donald-trump.jpg

Wouldn't you think a multi-billionaire would have a better barber?

As long as Mr. Trump is in the race, he will dominate the hair issue. Well, unless Sen. Clinton comes out with a purple Mohawk.

Last edited:
Good thing Bill Clinton isn't running for office then I guess.

I believe there were a lot of people at the time, including myself, who felt the exact same way and said the exact same thing. Many in the media actually said the same thing. Unfortunately, many in America have short memories and now Billy Boy is some liberal deity who apparently was the most successful President EEEVVEERRRR.

Good job Mr. Kaine. Now, let's see if he actually keeps the same view - being the VP nominee shouldn't affect that view one bit.

Risky's Campaign Prognostication #5: The Clinton/Kaine Campaign will very shortly adopt a new campaign slogan - "Eatin' Ain't Cheatin'".

Hell, they need a new campaign slogan anyway.

I'll say but his accomplice is. In the Marc Rich Presidential Pardon deal she was the bagman...bagperson. She was also in the bag with the Rabiis for Votes pardon. And I can remember when she and Bill were running as "two for the price of one". Little did we know what that "one" would cost us.

And, President Obama didn't run against President Bush, either, did he. No, Bill Clinton isn't running and no one is running against President Obama.

At this point that could work in her favor.

I really don't know, Risky. I honestly think the dislike numbers for both Mr. Trump and Sen. Clinton are fixed and won't change much and the supperters won't change much. The pollsters will have to make the numbers change a bit or they won't get in the news and that's why I don't read or start threads about polls.

I didn't think it was any secret that Kaine was not a big supporter of Clinton during that scandal. That's why when she picked him I said it was a brilliant pick. Kaine is nothing like Hillary. I don't care for his politics but the man is honest and I think he's far to the right of her. She's such a wormy individual though that anyone looks good next to her.

This probably won't be any more impactful on her supporters than the fact that Donald Trump wasn't even a Republican until a couple of years ago has on his supporters.

Dear Misogynists at the Daily Beast:

Hillary Clinton didn't ****ing cheat on anybody

On the other hand I believe The Donald has a problem with sticking his pecker in places where he really shouldn't.

So you're a "let's visit the sins of the father upon the children" kind of guy then huh?

Is he her father? That is a little more removed from the enabling position that a wife would be. If she were elected it would also put him back in the White House as 1st Harasser. She could be Enabler in Chief.

Last edited:

No, just his sole mate. I wonder what job Bill is hoping for if his partner in crime, er, wife becomes President.

"Hillary Clinton: A Vote for Me is a Vote for Bill!"

"At a campaign stop in Fort Mitchell, Ky., Clinton said her husband would be "in charge of revitalizing the economy.""

No, just his sole mate. I wonder what job Bill is hoping for if his partner in crime, er, wife becomes President.

"Hillary Clinton: A Vote for Me is a Vote for Bill!"

"At a campaign stop in Fort Mitchell, Ky., Clinton said her husband would be "in charge of revitalizing the economy.""

Oh, she's not his sole mate. He's had a few.

Back
Top Bottom