• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Glenn Beck Boycott Gaining Traction - FOX News Losing Money

So your point is that 85% of the people in the ER are using the ER as a primary care resource not an emergency resource?

Nice attempt at spin there with a factoid.

My point is that the "factoid" that only uninsured people use the emergency room is a myth.

yeah people with emergencies use it too

Winston, stop being a troll and read the entire thread. I posted yesterday an article showing why insured use the ER and not all are emergencies. That burdens the system and the bottomline is there is a shortage of doctors and that shortage is going to get worse nationwide with this POS bill which further burdens the ER's.

Winston, stop being a troll and read the entire thread. I posted yesterday an article showing why insured use the ER and not all are emergencies. That burdens the system and the bottomline is there is a shortage of doctors and that shortage is going to get worse nationwide with this POS bill which further burdens the ER's.

So your problem is with the insured. The uninsured already have even more limited options how does keeping these options even more limited for the uninsured unburden the ERs?

You miss the point, we still live in a free society where people choose what profession they want and we have a problem now. Add 30 million to that problem and no one believes it will get better.

How do you force people NOT to go to the ER when they cannot get an appointment with their own doctor?

There is no incentive to go into the profession especially with the risks involved and the low reimbursement rates from the govt. Medical Malpractice insurance adds to the costs.

Like with all Govt. programs the intention is good but the results are always worse than predicted. When you are long gone another liberal will take your place and tell you they can do it better. It doesn't work that way. Once a POS always a POS.

What the Congress is doing is getting us on the course to a total govt. take over of healthcare and thus total dependence on them. The outrage of the people of the upcoming poor service is going to demand it. sorry you cannot see that

No one is suggesting anyone forces anyone into any profession. Nor is the shortage about people not choosing the profession. Read the article Misterman provided. Perhaps it will explain it to you.

So your problem is with the insured. The uninsured already have even more limited options how does keeping these options even more limited for the uninsured unburden the ERs?

The problem is you have supported a govt. created healthcare program where 85% of the people fund healthcare for the 15% or so that don't have healthcare of which many can afford it but choose not to.

the argument has been that the ER rooms are over burdened because of the uninsured when the reality is they are overburdened because the insured, illegals, and the uninsured are using the ER's because many cannot get access to a GP and the number of doctors is declining thus the problem will get worse.

You simply don't get it but will probably too late. This country wasn't built on the principles of Obama. He has sold you a POS legislation that has so called benefits that go into effect in 4 years but taxes begin almost immediately. 56% of the people are against this legislation. What is it that you know that they don't?

What happens if you are wrong? What is it in this bill that improves the quality of healthcare?

No one is suggesting anyone forces anyone into any profession. Nor is the shortage about people not choosing the profession. Read the article Misterman provided. Perhaps it will explain it to you.

Perhaps you should read it again, Govt. is affecting negatively the number of doctors and the fact is the number of doctors is declining. That is what the article says, but apparently you didn't read it.

The problem is you have supported a govt. created healthcare program where 85% of the people fund healthcare for the 15% or so that don't have healthcare of which many can afford it but choose not to.

Wrong. Those who can afford it will be required to buy it, with their own money, not the taxpayers'. Remember?

Wrong. Those who can afford it will be required to buy it, with their own money, not the taxpayers'. Remember?

So where is it in the Constitution that people are forced to buy healthcare?

So where is it in the Constitution that people are forced to buy healthcare?

Classic Conservative redirection.

Do you agree you were wrong when you said this?:

Classic Conservative redirection.

Do you agree you were wrong when you said this?:

That is exactly what I said and that was directed at Winston. He supported this POS legislation, not me. I don't support this legislation.

That is exactly what I said and that was directed at Winston. He supported this POS legislation, not me. I don't support this legislation.

Yes or no?

Glenn Beck is a fake. He is a shill and phony. He whores himself out to whomever will pay him more and inturn changes his opinions like a busy hooker poping breath mints.

Yes, I made the statement and no I do not support the legislation.

That wasn't the question. Are you simply admitting your were wrong so we can move to the next issue? You never quite do that.

That wasn't the question. Are you simply admitting your were wrong so we can move to the next issue? You never quite do that.

Not sure exactly what I am wrong about, this legislation is a POS and does nothing to improve the quality of healthcare but does increase the cost of healthcare for all Americans as taxes have to go up. Millions of the uninsured can afford healthcare but choose not to purchase it. All Americans are going to pay for this bill and the bill was passed based upon false assumptions.

Just wondering here, you seem to want to get me to admit that I am wrong and that you want everyone else to admit they are wrong. How many times in your history in this forum have you admitted when you were wrong? From what I have noticed is you simply ignore it when facts are presented and move on to some other thread.

Not sure exactly what I am wrong about,

I asked you a question - read the thread.

Just wondering here, you seem to want to get me to admit that I am wrong and that you want everyone else to admit they are wrong. How many times in your history in this forum have you admitted when you were wrong? From what I have noticed is you simply ignore it when facts are presented and move on to some other thread.

You are STILL avoiding the question. You made a very specific claim that was very important in this debate, and now you just want to walk away from it. No. It is important that we get the facts straight for honest debate to occur.

Yes or no?

I asked you a question - read the thread.

You are STILL avoiding the question. You made a very specific claim that was very important in this debate, and now you just want to walk away from it. No. It is important that we get the facts straight for honest debate to occur.

Yes or no?

The facts are very straight, this is a POS that does nothing to improve the quality of healthcare and only puts added demand on ER's due to the doctor shortage that will become more evident when you add another 30 plus million to the mix.

Proponents have used numbers of uninsured from 30 million to 47 million and have yet to substantiate or define who makes up those numbers. Like the typical troll that you are you focus on a particular line in the post while ignoring most of the content of the post. What is relevant is the actual number of uninsured who are uninsured not by personal choice. Those are the ones that should be the focus of the debate and the solution. Do you think there would be a cry for universal healthcare if the true number of uninsured due to no fault of their own were made known?

The reason proponents won't define the number is because they know that the public will never support funding for the bill if they knew that true number of uninsured based upon ability to pay.

this, IMO, is about control and getting to a govt. option which will put private business out of business. this is also about you never admitting when you are wrong and simply posting your one liners that divert from content.

The facts are very straight, this is a POS that does nothing to improve the quality of healthcare and only puts added demand on ER's due to the doctor shortage that will become more evident when you add another 30 plus million to the mix.

Proponents have used numbers of uninsured from 30 million to 47 million and have yet to substantiate or define who makes up those numbers. Like the typical troll that you are you focus on a particular line in the post while ignoring most of the content of the post. What is relevant is the actual number of uninsured who are uninsured not by personal choice. Those are the ones that should be the focus of the debate and the solution. Do you think there would be a cry for universal healthcare if the true number of uninsured due to no fault of their own were made known?

The reason proponents won't define the number is because they know that the public will never support funding for the bill if they knew that true number of uninsured based upon ability to pay.

this, IMO, is about control and getting to a govt. option which will put private business out of business. this is also about you never admitting when you are wrong and simply posting your one liners that divert from content.

Yes. Or no?

Yes. Or no?

Yes, this is a POS, no I am not wrong on this issue but have been wrong on others and have admitted it. How about you, yes or no, have you ever admitted when you were wrong?

Perhaps you should read it again, Govt. is affecting negatively the number of doctors and the fact is the number of doctors is declining. That is what the article says, but apparently you didn't read it.

Affecting and not forcing. The government can encourage with support, but not force. Words have specific meanings. No one, I repeat, as called for anyone to force anyone.

Affecting and not forcing. The government can encourage with support, but not force. Words have specific meanings. No one, I repeat, as called for anyone to force anyone.

Government controls the number of doctors by limiting the reimbursement to hospitals for payment of residency training.

The govt. is forcing people who CHOOSE not to purchase insurance to purchase insurance and has been pointed out the govt. controls the funding for hospitals to pay for medical school residency thus affecting the supply of doctors.

Government controls the number of doctors by limiting the reimbursement to hospitals for payment of residency training.

Again, they can encourage or hinder, but not force. Is government training, or government pay the only way we can have doctors? Are you suggesting only the government trains doctors? Pays for them?

Back
Top Bottom