• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Glenn Beck Boycott Gaining Traction - FOX News Losing Money

Yes, that is a fact and much of that fact boils down to illegal immigration. In TX that amounts to billions in added costs. Fix the illegal problem and the ER problem drops.

Name for me a govt. program that has made things BETTER? The fact that the Elderly are not willing to give medicare back doesn't make the program better, just expected. Govt. says there is over 500 billion in waste, fraud, and abuse. If that is the case how is the program better?

Illegal immigration is a drop in the bucket. But, neither party will address that issue either. Again, republicans were in charge for sometime, where did they fix that problem?

Illegal immigration is a drop in the bucket. But, neither party will address that issue either. Again, republicans were in charge for sometime, where did they fix that problem?

Because immigration reform was defeated in the Senate. Democrats wanted a path to Amnestry as did Bush, the will of the people however won out, something that didn't happen with healthcare reform. The will of the people is NOT this bill and yet Obama didn't care. He is going to find out what it means to not listen to the will of the people this November.

CNN poll: Majority disapprove of Obama for first time
cnncr | March 22, 2010 at 7:00 pm |

Washington (CNN) - For the first time, a CNN poll has found that a majority of Americans disapprove of President Obama's job performance.

According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll released Monday, 51 percent of respondents disapprove of Obama's job performance and 46 percent approve of it.

Also I posted the affects of insured people going to the Emergency Room for treatment. Here is the link and something you and proponents of Obamacare refuse to acknowledge. With an increase of 30 million new patients the demand for the Emergency Rooms is going to go through the roof

Insured patients using ER for primary care - SFGate

Last edited:
Because immigration reform was defeated in the Senate. Democrats wanted a path to Amnestry as did Bush, the will of the people however won out, something that didn't happen with healthcare reform. The will of the people is NOT this bill and yet Obama didn't care. He is going to find out what it means to not listen to the will of the people this November.

CNN poll: Majority disapprove of Obama for first time
cnncr | March 22, 2010 at 7:00 pm |

Washington (CNN) - For the first time, a CNN poll has found that a majority of Americans disapprove of President Obama's job performance.

According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll released Monday, 51 percent of respondents disapprove of Obama's job performance and 46 percent approve of it.

Also I posted the affects of insured people going to the Emergency Room for treatment. Here is the link and something you and proponents of Obamacare refuse to acknowledge. With an increase of 30 million new patients the demand for the Emergency Rooms is going to go through the roof

Insured patients using ER for primary care - SFGate

You link doesn't prove your point. No one claimed no one insured uses the ER. You claim most are insured. You did not support that claim.

And remember, Bush had a republican congress for much of his presidency. Nothing was done, so you haven't proven republicans wanted to do anything at any time. Talk is cheap. Show what they did when they held all the cards.

You link doesn't prove your point. No one claimed no one insured uses the ER. You claim most are insured. You did not support that claim.

And remember, Bush had a republican congress for much of his presidency. Nothing was done, so you haven't proven republicans wanted to do anything at any time. Talk is cheap. Show what they did when they held all the cards.

Bush never had a super majority like Obama had as it took 60 votes in the Senate to get anything passed. Bush never had 60 votes. Even with 60 votes Obama had a problem getting his healthcare bill passed. Most know that this healthcare bill does nothing to improve the quality of healthcare or lower costs.

What I showed you was that the insured are using the Emergency Room and that number is increasing because of a declining number of doctors. What do you think is going to happen when 30 million more are added to their patient load? Liberals have no idea how to create incentive so tell me why anyone would go into the medical profession with the attitude of this Congress and President?

What I showed you was that the insured are using the Emergency Room and that number is increasing because of a declining number of doctors.

Why are they declining?

Why are they declining?

Do your own research, I am sure you can find out why. Start with Govt. payment dictated by Medicare as one reason, excessive paperwork required by the govt. and insurance companies, high costs of malpractice insurance, and I could go on but why waste any time with you?

Do your own research, I am sure you can find out why. Start with Govt. payment dictated by Medicare as one reason, excessive paperwork required by the govt. and insurance companies, high costs of malpractice insurance, and I could go on but why waste any time with you?

But I'm a dumb liberal, and you're sooooo smart. You can't tell me why?

Yes, you could go on, but you'd be reaching for straws. For instance, paperwork? Really?

Which is a separate issue and something we have to work on regardless of reform. But that was a decent article. Kudos for that.

How do you propose "working" on it? There are fewer doctors today to treat more people. Don't you understand that the bill just passed makes this problem worse? Emergency rooms are having problems now so imagine what happens when you add 30 million to the insurance roles.

Still waiting for how this lowers costs and IMPROVES quality?

How do you propose "working" on it? There are fewer doctors today to treat more people. Don't you understand that the bill just passed makes this problem worse? Emergency rooms are having problems now so imagine what happens when you add 30 million to the insurance roles.

Still waiting for how this lowers costs and IMPROVES quality?

Some, like CP, tell me that the low number is artificially held down by the AMA. If true, we can change that. We can open up medical school and encourage more people to become doctors. We can also relegate routine things to nurses and nurse practitioners, not to mention physician assistants. Again, this is nothing we can't handle.

Some, like CP, tell me that the low number is artificially held down by the AMA. If true, we can change that. We can open up medical school and encourage more people to become doctors. We can also relegate routine things to nurses and nurse practitioners, not to mention physician assistants. Again, this is nothing we can't handle.

You miss the point, we still live in a free society where people choose what profession they want and we have a problem now. Add 30 million to that problem and no one believes it will get better.

How do you force people NOT to go to the ER when they cannot get an appointment with their own doctor?

There is no incentive to go into the profession especially with the risks involved and the low reimbursement rates from the govt. Medical Malpractice insurance adds to the costs.

Like with all Govt. programs the intention is good but the results are always worse than predicted. When you are long gone another liberal will take your place and tell you they can do it better. It doesn't work that way. Once a POS always a POS.

What the Congress is doing is getting us on the course to a total govt. take over of healthcare and thus total dependence on them. The outrage of the people of the upcoming poor service is going to demand it. sorry you cannot see that

You miss the point, we still live in a free society where people choose what profession they want and we have a problem now.

Read the article - people can't just choose to go to med school, they have to get in, and the number of slots are limited.

Read the article - people can't just choose to go to med school, they have to get in, and the number of slots are limited.

I read the article and again as usual you miss the point, people today are going to the ER because they cannot get a doctor's appointment and when you add 30 million to the patient list it gets worse.

Are you telling me that there aren't qualified individuals CHOOSING not to become doctors? Actual doctors are dropping out of the profession as indicated in this same report.

There are many points that the proponents of govt. healthcare always ignore,

the ER problem and costs are magnified by people with insurance using the facility because they cannot get a doctor's appointment

reduced incentive to become a doctor due to lowered Medicare payments to doctors, required defensive medicine, and the increased costs of malpractice insurance

This is a serious problem on top of the costs of this Congressional legislation which does nothing to improve quality of care.

It's not medical school that's limited, its federal government reimbursement to hospitals to pay for residency requirements.

YOU should read your own article.

It's not medical school that's limited, its federal government reimbursement to hospitals to pay for residency requirements.

YOU should read your own article.

Sorry, I thought it was mentioned in that article. Try this one:

In 1980, the medical-education community foresaw an oversupply of doctors, says Edward Salsberg, director of the Center for Workforce Studies at the Association of American Medical Colleges, a nonprofit group of medical schools, teaching hospitals and academic societies.

A cap on medical-school enrollment was instituted to control supply, but in the years since, population growth has outpaced the number of newly trained physicians.

What Doctor Shortages Mean For Health Care - Forbes.com

Doesn't bode well for improved quality of healthcare, does it? Isn't that what Obama has been claiming his bill will do? What it does do is increase access to an already overwhelmed medical profession and will make things worse.

So your solution is to leave the uninsured uninsured where the only option is to utilize the ER?

Now that makes a lot of sense, LOL

Doesn't bode well for improved quality of healthcare, does it? Isn't that what Obama has been claiming his bill will do? What it does do is increase access to an already overwhelmed medical profession and will make things worse.

And a recent poll showed that 45% of doctors would consider quitting if health care reform is passed. While I admit, this number is probably highly inflated, just think if only 10% of those do quit. The shortage of docs will reach the crisis stage.

So your solution is to leave the uninsured uninsured where the only option is to utilize the ER?

85% of the people in emergency rooms have health insurance.

85% of the people in emergency rooms have health insurance.

So your point is that 85% of the people in the ER are using the ER as a primary care resource not an emergency resource?

Nice attempt at spin there with a factoid.

My solution is real reform, not this POS which does nothing but increase costs and reduce quality.

No one needs this bill to cover the uninsured that cannot afford healthcare. First actually define that number and then address the problem.

Stop with the broadbrush and inflated claims of uninsured that cannot pay for their own healthcare.

Implement true reform, provide incentives for Doctors to remain in the business by implementing tort reform. Stop cutting fees for service and address the real problems in healthcare which includes addressing illegals.

Allow for insurance companies to sell across state lines. Give tax credits to people to purchase their own insurance thus creating competition for those dollars.

Good start, but free enterprise isn't in the liberal play book. They cannot create dependence with free enterprise and personal choice.

Back
Top Bottom