• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Francis Key Scott Bridge..................and the GOP's continued journey into derangement.

RetiredUSN

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Utah Rep. Phil Lyman (R) ................. blamed Tuesday's Baltimore bridge collapse on “governors who prioritize diversity over the wellbeing and security of citizens.

South Carolina Nancy Mace (R).................why are there still old bridges and highways after the infrastructure bill. Money not being spent on roads and bridges.

Internet talking head Paul A. Szpula ............... Synergy Marine Group promotes DEI in their company. Did anti-white business practices cause this disaster?

Georgia Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene (R)..................... There should be a serious investigation into the horrifying tragedy of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Maryland. Is this an intentional attack or an accident?

Maria Bartiromo Fox News................................. Trying to link the bridge collapse on open borders during a on air interview with Senator Rick Scott Florida (R)

All this before any conclusive investigation.

Jeeeees..............I'll never be a Democrat again, but I'm so ****ing glad that I left the Republican party when Bush started dropping bombs.

The GOP gets more crazy every single day.

Any thoughts?

Utah Rep. Phil Lyman (R) ................. blamed Tuesday's Baltimore bridge collapse on “governors who prioritize diversity over the wellbeing and security of citizens.

South Carolina Nancy Mace (R).................why are there still old bridges and highways after the infrastructure bill. Money not being spent on roads and bridges.

Internet talking head Paul A. Szpula ............... Synergy Marine Group promotes DEI in their company. Did anti-white business practices cause this disaster?

Georgia Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene (R)..................... There should be a serious investigation into the horrifying tragedy of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Maryland. Is this an intentional attack or an accident?

Maria Bartiromo Fox News................................. Trying to link the bridge collapse on open borders during a on air interview with Senator Rick Scott Florida (R)

Jeeeees..............I'll never be a Democrat again, but I'm so ****ing glad that I left the Republican party when Bush started dropping bombs.

Any thoughts?
It is not republicans, who mostly are reasonable, good people, nor "Trumpers", who likewise are mostly good people, it is the loud voices, the talking heads, the people seeking headlines or blustering from behind their computers. We seriously need to stop judging groups by their loudest, most attention seeking members.

Any thoughts?
My thoughts: the most honest assessment I have ever seen written. However, how genuine is it if you are still never going to be a Democrat?
Raises the question: Who gets your vote? Will it be RKJ?

Lies are what modern MAGA is all about, would you expect any of these people to be reasonable? They need their base to be afraid of everything to make sure they come out and vote.

It is not republicans, who mostly are reasonable, good people, nor "Trumpers", who likewise are mostly good people, it is the loud voices, the talking heads, the people seeking headlines or blustering from behind their computers. We seriously need to stop judging groups by their loudest, most attention seeking members.

Yeah I'm getting old, but I remember when people like this would be laughed straight out of the party.

We seriously need to stop judging groups by their loudest, most attention seeking members.
Sorry, but seems we leftists get judged every day by those loudest voices. If they can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Any thoughts?
I think it’s only a matter of time before the GOP implodes and has a completely platform/identity shift. They are appealing to a smaller and smaller margin of voters and the direction they are heading isn’t sustainable.

In the meantime though we all get to watch whatever it is that’s happening here. Truly a meeting of the minds. Maybe woke destroyed the bridge?

Paste has left the tube, things will continue to spiral downward until the people wake up; it may be too late.

Trump has shown many people that they can become successful by ignoring logic, ignoring rational thought, and lying consistently to promote an agenda. Many who make their money off the public (elected reps and the media) have worked out that there are a lot of magas who truly buy into the general maga conspiracy theory world. The number of conspiracy theories we see nearly every day in the maga world now is insane, yet it makes money and grabs votes for those that promote them. It wasn't long ago we had the maga world believing in an election conspiracy theory that came from a self proclaimed decapitated time traveller, and Fox making $millions from promoting it. If the magas can believe that, there is no bottom to the well!

The ship involved in this accident is a menace. In 2016, it crashed into the Port of Antwerp and heavily damaged a pier there. It was cited in an inspection report for deficiencies in propulsion and the auxiliary machinery in June last year. Combine that with a 40+ year old bridge spanning a busy shipping lane that has no buffers on its pylons and it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

The ship involved in this accident is a menace. In 2016, it crashed into the Port of Antwerp and heavily damaged a pier there. It was cited in an inspection report for deficiencies in propulsion and the auxiliary machinery in June last year. Combine that with a 40+ year old bridge spanning a busy shipping lane that has no buffers on its pylons and it’s a disaster waiting to happen.
Bubble wrap for everybody?

Bubble wrap for everybody?
Sadly, bubble wrap can’t save us from the folly of relying on rotted out infrastructure from the last millennium. But at least people would hear a fun noise before they die.

Any thoughts?

Well this is free speech, you see. People are just exercising their first amendment right to take a developing crisis and flood the zone with total bullshit so that viewers watching can't really figure out who's telling the truth about what. That's why the Founding Fathers added freedoms of speech and of the press, to keep the electorate confused, cynical, and paranoid.

Sadly, bubble wrap can’t save us from the folly of relying on rotted out infrastructure from the last millennium. But at least people would hear a fun noise before they die.
The bridge was fine until it took a 2 million pound direct hit.

Well this is free speech, you see. People are just exercising their first amendment right to take a developing crisis and flood the zone with total bullshit so that viewers watching can't really figure out who's telling the truth about what. That's why the Founding Fathers added freedoms of speech and of the press, to keep the electorate confused, cynical, and paranoid.
There were more than a few here, @ DP, that went all CT when this story broke……

The bridge was fine until it took a 2 million pound direct hit.
Ehh..it was rated in fair overall condition with concerns expressed about the condition of one of the pylons in the last inspection. The construction crew was there to fill potholes because, you know, priorities.

Any thoughts?

I swear Republicans must cuss out Biden and the Democrats every time they bump their toe against the bedpost walking back in the dark to their bed from the restroom at night. EVERYTHNG must be Biden's fault.

Last edited:

Any thoughts?
The magidiot wingnuts are ****ing nuts!

I went to the Fox News website yesterday just to remind myself once again where a bunch of maga gets their material.

Everybody take the time to just look at their front page and scroll down once or twice. It explains so much.

I went to the Fox News website yesterday just to remind myself once again where a bunch of maga gets their material.

Everybody take the time to just look at their front page and scroll down once or twice. It explains so much.

I never look at Fox News. it's like that old dirty gum that's been stuck to the ground for months in the corner of the basketball court in junior high that no one wanted to touch.

But just for fun, I took a deep breath and looked right now. Fascinating. Guess what the headline article is? Israel/Gaza conflict? Ukraine? Baltimore? Haiti? Sudan?

Nope. This, LOL:

Severe weather cripples solar farm, sparking residents' fears about vulnerable 'green' tech

The ship involved in this accident is a menace.
Based on what criteria?
In 2016, it crashed into the Port of Antwerp and heavily damaged a pier there. It was cited in an inspection report for deficiencies in propulsion and the auxiliary machinery in June last year.
8 years ago the ship hit a dock. Yep. And how many nautical miles has that same vessel traveled with zero incidents in the years since then?

I'm going to guess quite a few.

In September of 2023, it was given a passing mark during a Coast Guard inspection. So whatever was deficient in June was NOT apparent during a Coast Guard inspection in September. Or are you accusing the Coast Guard of not properly inspecting the vessel?

You call it a menace - the Coast Guard found no deficiencies. Who should we believe?
Combine that with a 40+ year old bridge spanning a busy shipping lane that has no buffers on its pylons and it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

As for "buffers on its pylons" or "dolphins" in the water...in 1980 it was decided that they were not economically feasible for the Francis Scott Key bridge.

So who should have paid to install them?

Ehh..it was rated in fair overall condition with concerns expressed about the condition of one of the pylons in the last inspection. The construction crew was there to fill potholes because, you know, priorities.
What was the fix for the deficient pylon?

link?

Back
Top Bottom