• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The End of the Big Mac?

Should McDonald's Phase out the Big Mac?

• Total voters
Why not? Mcdonalds has good food and it's the exact same anywhere in the country.

Makes road tripping easy, I can pull into McDonald's in Vancouver British Columbia, Otay Mesa California, Seattle Washington, or Rawlins Wyoming and it's all the same
McDonald's is why people have toes amputated. I'll pass.

McDonald's is why people have toes amputated. I'll pass.

Well I have eaten at McDonald's many times and I have not had one toe amputated, so there.

Well I have eaten at McDonald's many times and I have not had one toe amputated, so there.
While I'm happy that you're still in possession of all your stock lower phalanges, it's still low quality, high caloric food, prepared by underpaid workers. I'm happy to not make it a part of my diet.

Heya Jog. :2wave: I go with Burger king if I want some Onion Rings.....Micky D's Fries are better tho and you get more for ya money. At least around here, that is.

For some reason after the kids moved out and the OL and I started working opposite schedules and living separate lives.....I've picked up more on eating out. Although I will go to a restaurant at times.

I figure why dirty up the kitchen, cook and then have to clean it up. So I save on time and the OL is happy the kitchen is clean.
tocktock2.gif
I prefer BK over McD because of the onion rings and because their burgers are flame grilled. Sure the o rings arent all that great- they are frozen till deep fried but if I need to get my onion ring fix and I need it now thats where I go. :mrgreen:

Of the big fastfood hamburger companies I like Hardees better. They actually make very good fried chicken.

If you like to lunch on two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun, you’d better act fast: McDonald’s has announced plans to phase out the Big Mac. Okay, not really. But social media ate up the news of its axing, published by the satirical site Daily Buzz Live at the end of last year. As with the best fake news, it was grounded in truth. McDonald’s had announced that it had been testing menu cuts after finding that sales in November were down 4.6 percent compared to the previous year. And more revealing than the Big Mac’s hypothetical retirement after almost 50 years on the iconic fast food chain’s menu was people's willingness—our eagerness, even—to believe that its demise might be possible.

With the rise of “fast casual” chains like Chipotle and Shake Shack, fast food is on the rocks, at least among the middle classes who can afford a $10 lunch instead of a $5 one. Chipotle enjoyed a 16.8 percent increase in sales at stores open more than a year in 2014, and shares of Shake Shack—a self-styled “anti-McDonald’s”—doubled on the day of its January IPO, despite the fact that Danny Meyer's burger business only operates at 63 locations.

Even if this market shift hasn’t yet sent the Big Mac out to pasture, change is definitely coming. Among the menu items McDonald’s really is considering cutting is the Quarter Pounder with Cheese, a sandwich perhaps no less iconic than the Big Mac. Franchise consultant Richard Adams told USA Today that items sometimes remain on the menu long after having ceased to sell well for what he called “politically correct reasons.” It’s a mixed metaphor, since the progressivism of PC would seem to imply a desire to cut high-calorie, high-fat, high-carbon-footprint items in favor of more physically and globally sustainable ones, as some of McDonald’s successful “fast casual” competitors have done.....snip~

The End of the Big Mac

There goes the Quarter Pounder with Cheese....should McDonald's phase out the Big Mac?

Ive never had a big mac but i doubt it will be cut

I prefer BK over McD because of the onion rings and because their burgers are flame grilled. Sure the o rings arent all that great- they are frozen till deep fried but if I need to get my onion ring fix and I need it now thats where I go. :mrgreen:

Mornin Pos. :2wave: Yeah I like Burger Kings Burgers more than Micky Ds. I go with the onion rings when I get anything from there.

Red Robin is the place around here that has Awesome Onion Rings. Oh and you do get enough of them as a side order. ;)

Never AJ? :2wave: Do you go with an alternative? Some don't eat meat and save plenty with the money.

nope note once, i dont like whats on it so I never really saw the purpose of getting it special . . . .I dont even know what the secret sauce is lol

but I have eatin McDonald plenty in my life time though. Havn't had thier burgers in years though since i had gallbladder surgery.
Still enjoy nuggets and sweet tea from time to time though

nope note once, i dont like whats on it so I never really saw the purpose of getting it special . . . .I dont even know what the secret sauce is lol

but I have eatin McDonald plenty in my life time though. Havn't had thier burgers in years though since i had gallbladder surgery.
Still enjoy nuggets and sweet tea from time to time though

The "secret sauce" is basically Thousand Island salad dressing.

I love Egg McMuffins, but the price is ridiculous these days. I usually get Sausage McMuffins with no cheese. Which is just a sausage patty on an English muffin. I eat the sausage and muffin separately. :mrgreen:

1.)The "secret sauce" is basically Thousand Island salad dressing.
2.)I love Egg McMuffins, but the price is ridiculous these days. I usually get Sausage McMuffins with no cheese. Which is just a sausage patty on an English muffin. I eat the sausage and muffin separately. :mrgreen:

1.) well thats another reason not to have it then. lol
I admit im weird when it comes to my toppings, i typically get my cheeseburgers plain with just pickles so thats why a big mac with special sauce and onions (two things i dont want) never appealed to me. I also think the extra piece of bread in the middle is dumb.

on a related topic the big mac was actually introduced or invented in Pittsburgh (my home)

2.) i still eat thier breakfast i get sausage and egg mcmuffins or breakfast burritos and always a hashbrown

Mornin Pos. :2wave: Yeah I like Burger Kings Burgers more than Micky Ds. I go with the onion rings when I get anything from there.

Red Robin is the place around here that has Awesome Onion Rings. Oh and you do get enough of them as a side order. ;)
You lucky son of a gun! There are no Red Robins where Im at. :(

also for the record ive never had a whooper either simply because of its picture lol

You lucky son of a gun! There are no Red Robins where Im at. :(

Well, if you ever get by one stop in and get an Order of the Onion Rings to go. Their Burgers and sandwiches are a bit expensive. But well worth the food one gets. Here is how they bring the Rings to ya when ya eat there. ;)

th

Their Gourmet Burgers.

th

I'm with you, I like Burger King or Wendy's burgers better but my husband loves McD's and would be crushed if they got rid of the Big Mac, since that's his favorite. I will sometimes take a bite or two of his since the sandwich is so big but since someone mentioned getting a mini-mac I think I might have to try that. McD's does have the best fries though, my weakness for salty things that I try and stay away from. :)

I'm with you, I like Burger King or Wendy's burgers better but my husband loves McD's and would be crushed if they got rid of the Big Mac, since that's his favorite. I will sometimes take a bite or two of his since the sandwich is so big but since someone mentioned getting a mini-mac I think I might have to try that. McD's does have the best fries though, my weakness for salty things that I try and stay away from. :)

Mornin AW.
hat.gif
I don't think they will get rid of the Big Mac. Nor their Quarter Pounder with cheese.

Otherwise they will start seeing those Old Wendy Commercials again. :mrgreen:

Order a plain hamburger, nothing on it then remove the thing suck in between the two buns and try to eat it. I DARE YOU!!

Too damn much that's for sure. I think its around $4.50. Id rather have a whopper or a Wendys half pound double cheese which are the same price and twice as good.
I hear ya, but while I would usually rather have a Wendy's double, 2-3 times a year I get a craving for a Big Mac specifically and nothing else will do.

Really? It's roughly $4.69 here (for the sandwich only), and I'm only 4 hrs from Chicago.

Heya Radcen. :2wave: Well I didnt check downtown prices. Soooooouth-Side! :2razz:

Ok, but if you put the onion rings ON the Whopper, that's a great combo.

I like Whoppers, but BK can't seem to keep lettuce fresh to save their lives, and their buns always seem stale, too.

Heya Radcen. :2wave: Well I didnt check downtown prices. Soooooouth-Side! :2razz:

yeah, i was big time surprised that a Chicago Big Mac was that cheap. i've taken the GF out for some meals up there, and it usually costs more than i expect.

If you like to lunch on two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun, you’d better act fast: McDonald’s has announced plans to phase out the Big Mac. Okay, not really. But social media ate up the news of its axing, published by the satirical site Daily Buzz Live at the end of last year. As with the best fake news, it was grounded in truth. McDonald’s had announced that it had been testing menu cuts after finding that sales in November were down 4.6 percent compared to the previous year. And more revealing than the Big Mac’s hypothetical retirement after almost 50 years on the iconic fast food chain’s menu was people's willingness—our eagerness, even—to believe that its demise might be possible.

With the rise of “fast casual” chains like Chipotle and Shake Shack, fast food is on the rocks, at least among the middle classes who can afford a $10 lunch instead of a $5 one. Chipotle enjoyed a 16.8 percent increase in sales at stores open more than a year in 2014, and shares of Shake Shack—a self-styled “anti-McDonald’s”—doubled on the day of its January IPO, despite the fact that Danny Meyer's burger business only operates at 63 locations.

Even if this market shift hasn’t yet sent the Big Mac out to pasture, change is definitely coming. Among the menu items McDonald’s really is considering cutting is the Quarter Pounder with Cheese, a sandwich perhaps no less iconic than the Big Mac. Franchise consultant Richard Adams told USA Today that items sometimes remain on the menu long after having ceased to sell well for what he called “politically correct reasons.” It’s a mixed metaphor, since the progressivism of PC would seem to imply a desire to cut high-calorie, high-fat, high-carbon-footprint items in favor of more physically and globally sustainable ones, as some of McDonald’s successful “fast casual” competitors have done.....snip~

The End of the Big Mac

There goes the Quarter Pounder with Cheese....should McDonald's phase out the Big Mac?

I don't eat fast food very often...but if they cut the quarter pounder I would never go to McDonald's

yeah, i was big time surprised that a Chicago Big Mac was that cheap. i've taken the GF out for some meals up there, and it usually costs more than i expect.

Yeah, Chicago isn't cheap and watchout when ordering drinks.

Back
Top Bottom