• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The End of the Big Mac?

Should McDonald's Phase out the Big Mac?

• Total voters
Phasing out the Bigmack would probably end up just like new Coke....

I liked the McD's pizza - apparently, I was the only one. The breakfast steak sandwich was very good, but alas it left the building too.

And all along, the bloody God awful Filet of Fish sandwich, like a bad relative, remains to haunt.

Go figure.

Hah! That's so funny. To me, the filet of fish is the ultimate junk food for me. If I need to put on a little weight, that's my favorite food item to help me out there. :lol:

Seven mornings a week, without fail, since I retired 5 years ago, I head to my local McDonalds and have a large coffee while I pick up a free paper which pretty much pays for the coffee. Only missed two days in that time, one day during last years icestorm and one day this year prior to a colonoscopy when I was banned from having coffee. Prefer McD's coffee over Tim Hortons any time.

The smell neither bothers me nor tempts me, but I'm a creature of habit and go every day.

Well, at least you're having breakfast. Between you and I, I could never stand McD's or Timmy's coffee...it's water that someone waved past some coffee beans.

I am like an Arab, I like my coffee Theeeeek.

Hah! That's so funny. To me, the filet of fish is the ultimate junk food for me. If I need to put on a little weight, that's my favorite food item to help me out there. :lol:

I'm almost never at McD's now during the lunch or dinner rush, just mornings for me, but when I have been there I have literally never heard anyone order the Filet of Fish. But if you like it, that's all that matters - I admire your cast iron stomach!! McD's is supposed to be a periodic indulgence, not a diet plan, so it's all good.

Well, at least you're having breakfast. Between you and I, I could never stand McD's or Timmy's coffee...it's water that someone waved past some coffee beans.

I am like an Arab, I like my coffee Theeeeek.

No breakfast, just coffee - I tried the breakfast steak sandwich when it came out and enjoyed it but I could never make a habit of it - I almost never eat breakfast. But if I did, I could do worse than what McD's has on the menu.

No breakfast, just coffee - I tried the breakfast steak sandwich when it came out and enjoyed it but I could never make a habit of it - I almost never eat breakfast. But if I did, I could do worse than what McD's has on the menu.

I would start having my blood sugar monitored. That's how I got here.

I'm almost never at McD's now during the lunch or dinner rush, just mornings for me, but when I have been there I have literally never heard anyone order the Filet of Fish. But if you like it, that's all that matters - I admire your cast iron stomach!! McD's is supposed to be a periodic indulgence, not a diet plan, so it's all good.

Heck, I don't even remember that last time I was in one, but if I'm going to indulge in junk, that's a place that I'll do it. :lol:
( and the day that my cast iron stomach is no longer cast iron, is the day I'm screwed lol)

I used to make those often. It reached the point that I liked mine better than McD's.

I love eggs, but I don't like added salt that much. I use a muffin pan to bake a dozen eggs, crack one in each opening, and add whatever else you like - very tasty, not greasy or salty, and you can nuke leftovers. They're usually a big hit when I have company because you can have 12 different varieties if needed.

I once left one of their milkshakes in the warehouse for a few weeks. When we found it there was no mold or anything but it had evaporated into a pink spiderweb looking thing. That was the last time I ordered a shake there.

Uh oh! That's like one of my favorite treats, well that with an order of fries of course.

Their coffee isn't bad up here.....but I can't say that it is the same for them at all their places.

If McDonalds had any brains they would have done what their Hong Kong franchises have been doing: make egg mcmuffins available all day, not just in the mornings. Thats the only thing I order when I go to McDs nowadays.

I once left one of their milkshakes in the warehouse for a few weeks. When we found it there was no mold or anything but it had evaporated into a pink spiderweb looking thing. That was the last time I ordered a shake there.

Look at it this way, if there was a zombie apocalypse you wouldnt starve to death if you were trapped in McDonalds.

What is the Price of a Big Mac by where you live. Around here in Chicago it is 2.99, plus tax.

If McDonalds had any brains they would have done what their Hong Kong franchises have been doing: make egg mcmuffins available all day, not just in the mornings. Thats the only thing I order when I go to McDs nowadays.

Naturally.....a Salad. :2razz:

Dude, it's hard to find words to express the outrage such a suggestion causes. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom