• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the breakfast thread

My recipe :

Boil a pot of water
Drop eggs (usually five or six) in carefully, and boil for fifteen minutes
Dump out hot water and add cold water and ice
Peel eggs and dry them with paper towels
Move eggs to a large lidded bowl
Use fork to cut and crush hard boiled eggs to a good consistency
Add a generous portion of light mayo and mix. Add more if necessary.
Add mustard until it reaches the proper tanginess
Give my wife a fork of the egg salad for the final check
Put it in the fridge for the next day.

I have found that I need to add extra mustard if I want it to have the same zing the next day when it's cold. My mom used to make it with pickle relish and sometimes Miracle Whip. I think that I will do it that way eventually, but no one else in my house would eat that. It would be just for me.
I used to boil the eggs. Now I steam them for 12 minutes and then run them under cold water, set them aside for later. I found that by steaming them you avoid the shell sticking to eggs when peeling.

Scrambled eggs, Black Forest bacon, half an e-muff, 2 cuppa joe, oj.

I heated up some Green Curry from last night... yum.

J
I heated up some Green Curry from last night... yum.
just curry, or did you put it over or with something else?

J

just curry, or did you put it over or with something else?
Oh, yeah, macaroni noodles, of all things. I love putting pretty much anything on macaroni. I put meat and bean chili on it the other day, tuna bake, minestrone soup

Today was a breakfast and lunch combo. Bacon and egg sandwich on an English muffin with Doritos on the side.

Cinnamon brioche French toast w/butcher made sausage patty, maple syrupal, and 2 cuppa joe.

Today was a breakfast and lunch combo. Bacon and egg sandwich on an English muffin with Doritos on the side.
Pringles stock dropped 10% 😔

Pringles stock dropped 10% 😔
I have bought multiple canisters in the past week and a half. Pringles will be fine.

I miss a good Huevos Rancheros... last really good serving was at Crazy Horse in Bloomington, IN about 6 years ago.
You can make it yourself, but it is a LOT to do early in the morning.

Black Forest bacon, fried egg, American white cheese on a warm, buttered, flaky croissant. Big boy cuppa joe and oj.

Bacon and egg McHelix sandwich.

Biscuits and gravy with a little bacon on the side. We got it from a local place that we like.

Still recovering from pigging out yesterday I decided it would be a good idea to go with 2 big boy cuppa joe and a buttered English muffin.

Bowl of oatmeal w/butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins. Big cuppa joe.

Gonna have Corn Beef Hash with Eggs on Toast...

Cottage cheese with Strawberry yogurt. !!

Pork roll and egg on a e-muff, cuppa joe and oj.

Warm, buttered, everything bagel with 2 cuppa joe and oj.

Two slices of the diet toast that my wife bought
Sour cherry fruit spread
Full strength coffee that I brewed.

The bread was ok toasted, especially with the fruit spread. The other day, I had it with egg salad for lunch. At some point, though, low calorie bread falls a bit short. I like multigrain bread with a lot of seeds in it.

Toasted everything bagel, OJ, pot of EG tea.

Warm, flaky, buttered croissant bacon, egg, and cheese. 2 cuppa joe and oj.

Back
Top Bottom