• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the breakfast thread

Just here to share that Eggo Thick and Fluffy toaster waffles are really good. I toast one, butter it and eat it instead of toast some mornings. It's a LOT better than regular Eggos.

Just here to share that Eggo Thick and Fluffy toaster waffles are really good. I toast one, butter it and eat it instead of toast some mornings. It's a LOT better than regular Eggos.
Good to know. Thanks.

Our kids go through a lot of waffles. Older kiddo won't let me toast them. Instead, I microwave them for 20 seconds. I don't get it. That makes them soggy. To each his own, though.

Belgian waffles with syrup, peanut butter, and apple slices
Coffee.

Egg salad and bacon on toasted 9 grain bread, cuppa joe and oj.

2 slices of toast with sour cherry spread
2 vegetarian sausage patties with sugar free syrup
1/2 cup of coffee.

Egg salad and bacon on toasted 9 grain bread, cuppa joe and oj.
My wife just asked for egg salad, so I'll be making a batch this week. I make a simple version that everyone seems to like, so that's generally my job.

Belgian waffles with syrup, peanut butter, and apple slices
Coffee.
Belgian waffles sound amazing.

I had 3 cups of oolong tea left over from last night, glass of OJ, a scrambled egg on a toasted English muffin.

Belgian waffles sound amazing.

I had 3 cups of oolong tea left over from last night, glass of OJ, a scrambled egg on a toasted English muffin.
We got them from a meal kit. They were good, but the serving size was two, and it was a bit much. I gave part of the second one to littlest kiddo. It was a hit.

We got them from a meal kit. They were good, but the serving size was two, and it was a bit much. I gave part of the second one to littlest kiddo. It was a hit.
I love them but its a lot of work for just one person. My current freezer isn't big enough for me to make a whole batch and freeze then like I had a year ago.

I love them but its a lot of work for just one person. My current freezer isn't big enough for me to make a whole batch and freeze then like I had a year ago.
It is. At times, I've thought that for the calories, I'd rather go get a burger. However, they're more balanced, and we've found ways to drop the fat content. I'd say that overall, I enjoy the variety. Also, they have taught me a few things about cooking.

It is. At times, I've thought that for the calories, I'd rather go get a burger. However, they're more balanced, and we've found ways to drop the fat content. I'd say that overall, I enjoy the variety. Also, they have taught me a few things about cooking.
I use white whole wheat and some whole wheat flout to make the a little more healthy because 1.5 sticks of butter and a cup of whole milk arent health food.

I top mine with apple butter, apple sauce or a seasonal fruit compote instead of maple syrup- (sorry @Allan )

Leftover ham and cheddar quiche, 2 cuppa joe, and oj.

My wife just asked for egg salad, so I'll be making a batch this week. I make a simple version that everyone seems to like, so that's generally my job.
I love egg salad. Mine’s simple too, mayo, salt and pepper.

I am preparing for tomorrow... will be Heuvos Rancheros. Tortilla. Refried Pinto Beans. Salsa. Over Easy Eggs.

My recipe :

Boil a pot of water
Drop eggs (usually five or six) in carefully, and boil for fifteen minutes
Dump out hot water and add cold water and ice
Peel eggs and dry them with paper towels
Move eggs to a large lidded bowl
Use fork to cut and crush hard boiled eggs to a good consistency
Add a generous portion of light mayo and mix. Add more if necessary.
Add mustard until it reaches the proper tanginess
Give my wife a fork of the egg salad for the final check
Put it in the fridge for the next day.

I have found that I need to add extra mustard if I want it to have the same zing the next day when it's cold. My mom used to make it with pickle relish and sometimes Miracle Whip. I think that I will do it that way eventually, but no one else in my house would eat that. It would be just for me.

My recipe :

Boil a pot of water
Drop eggs (usually five or six) in carefully, and boil for fifteen minutes
Dump out hot water and add cold water and ice
Peel eggs and dry them with paper towels
Move eggs to a large lidded bowl
Use fork to cut and crush hard boiled eggs to a good consistency
Add a generous portion of light mayo and mix. Add more if necessary.
Add mustard until it reaches the proper tanginess
Give my wife a fork of the egg salad for the final check
Put it in the fridge for the next day.

I have found that I need to add extra mustard if I want it to have the same zing the next day when it's cold. My mom used to make it with pickle relish and sometimes Miracle Whip. I think that I will do it that way eventually, but no one else in my house would eat that. It would be just for me.
Egg Salad!!! I forgot about that. It is not really something they make here so I just kinda forgot about it. Used to make it for the kids though!!

Thanks for the reminder and the recipe'

Egg Salad!!! I forgot about that. It is not really something they make here so I just kinda forgot about it. Used to make it for the kids though!!

Thanks for the reminder and the recipe'
No problem. There are lots of ways to make it. I have been thinking about adding spices to it for variety. I like mine on good bread with a little lettuce.

No problem. There are lots of ways to make it. I have been thinking about adding spices to it for variety. I like mine on good bread with a little lettuce.
I mix in green onions. Adds a nice zing and texture.

I like it in toasted bread. Generally it is egg, mayo, mustard, lettuce, a dash of paprika... yum. Been a long time but gonna bust it our this Easter Holiday.

I mix in green onions. Adds a nice zing and texture.
I do the same but with chives or scallions (if that is what you meant).

Back
Top Bottom