• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'That sounds like ethnic cleansing': CNN questions lead figure in Israel's settler movement

Right. The Muslims want to commit genocide and the Jews want to live.

So where do the ones who have encouraged and needed each other for political survival come into this picture?

Netanyahu has needed Hamas to exist just as much as Hamas have needed a hardline Govt in Israel.

Retired Israeli general Shlomo Brom described the logic of Netanyahu’s position: “One effective way to prevent a two-state solution is to divide between the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.

Why Netanyahu bolstered Hamas

Why do people make out that the Israeli Govt is just an innocent party in all this?

Kingdom of Judea... it was not the Palestinians land either... it was the Ottoman's.

Take a hint from the bible - the land that was given to Israel belonged to the Canaanites (also known as Philistines) - whose DNA now runs richly in both Jew and Arab of the region.

There were many kingdoms in England prior to the Romans....

No there weren't. The earliest Kingdoms only came about 6-700 years after the Romans left Britain.

"The Romans brought a great deal of innovation and sophistication to life in Britain, all of which crumbled when they left the land. In the years following the Roman withdrawal, England’s political situation was extremely unstable, as no one had a clear, definitive right to any land. This meant that people resorted to using brute force. So, whoever had the biggest army was able to take the larger, more desirable pieces of land.

The result of this was that, by 650 AD, Britain became a sort of patchwork quilt of different kingdoms. Each individual kingdom was run by its own chieftain (leader), who most likely referred to themselves as the king of their region. There were seven primary kingdoms, which were referred to as the Anglo-Saxon heptarchy. The kingdoms included:

1. Bernicia,
  2. Deira,
  3. Lindsey,
  4. East Anglia,
  5. Mercia,
  6. Wessex,
  7. Kent."

Ethnic Cleansing is not the devastating term you think that you are wielding it is moving people... not slaughtering them.

Funny how "ethnic cleansing" is becoming an OK term. Previously, there was a term called "collective punishment" which also fits what is happening when 2 million people have their homes destroyed because of a terrorist group anywhere between 20,000 and 200,000 strong. Ethnic cleansing is still illegal under international law and the USA has recently discovered it doesn't want to be involved as an enabling partner.

No, there were not. The first recognised coronation was that of Aethelstan, 500 years after the Romans left in 450AD. He ruled from 924AD to 939AD.

You are trying a Gotchya over a word? Tribes, nations, lands... people. The debate was about people getting their land back. For ****'s sake.

So where do the ones who have encouraged and needed each other for political survival come into this picture?

Netanyahu has needed Hamas to exist just as much as Hamas have needed a hardline Govt in Israel.

Retired Israeli general Shlomo Brom described the logic of Netanyahu’s position: “One effective way to prevent a two-state solution is to divide between the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.

Why Netanyahu bolstered Hamas

Why do people make out that the Israeli Govt is just an innocent party in all this?
They are not innocent but they are far less guilty...
Take a hint from the bible - the land that was given to Israel belonged to the Canaanites (also known as Philistines) - whose DNA now runs richly in both Jew and Arab of the region.
Helps make my point. Thank you.
No there weren't. The earliest Kingdoms only came about 6-700 years after the Romans left Britain.
Anoth3er one? The argument was about people getting their land back. Tribes. Nations. People... For ****'s Sake.
"The Romans brought a great deal of innovation and sophistication to life in Britain, all of which crumbled when they left the land. In the years following the Roman withdrawal, England’s political situation was extremely unstable, as no one had a clear, definitive right to any land. This meant that people resorted to using brute force. So, whoever had the biggest army was able to take the larger, more desirable pieces of land.

The result of this was that, by 650 AD, Britain became a sort of patchwork quilt of different kingdoms. Each individual kingdom was run by its own chieftain (leader), who most likely referred to themselves as the king of their region. There were seven primary kingdoms, which were referred to as the Anglo-Saxon heptarchy. The kingdoms included:

1. Bernicia,
  2. Deira,
  3. Lindsey,
  4. East Anglia,
  5. Mercia,
  6. Wessex,
  7. Kent."

Funny how "ethnic cleansing" is becoming an OK term. Previously, there was a term called "collective punishment" which also fits what is happening when 2 million people have their homes destroyed because of a terrorist group anywhere between 20,000 and 200,000 strong. Ethnic cleansing is still illegal under international law and the USA has recently discovered it doesn't want to be involved as an enabling partner.
It is not Ethnic Cleansing.

Right. The Muslims want to commit genocide and the Jews want to live.

This is why peace fails.

It is well past time for Israel to be taking shit. Lost of you act like this is a situation without a long and documented past of Muslim invasions and tens of thousands of terrorist attacks... not idea why you ignore the past but the present is hopeless because of the past that you seem to ignore.
Most people in the west bank want to live.

It is not Ethnic Cleansing.

Not yet but it's heading that way. The slow creep of settlers under protection of the IDF into the West bank shows it can happen over a longer period of time that we would see with say the Rohingya being chased out by Buddhists in months instead.

The argument was about people getting their land back. Tribes. Nations. People... For ****'s Sake.

Yeah, but *****'s sake - the land belongs to both of them.

Helps make my point. Thank you.

No, it doesn't.

They are not innocent but they are far less guilty...

****'s sake, they enabled Hamas, with the express purpose of weakening the Palestinian Authority and killing the dream of a Palestinian homeland. That's just as bad.

Yeah, but *****'s sake - the land belongs to both of them.
But only one started war after war to try and take it all... history is very clear that one were the Arabs and Palestinians.
No, it doesn't.
Sure does. No joke. Read it all again in context.
****'s sake, they enabled Hamas, with the express purpose of weakening the Palestinian Authority and killing the dream of a Palestinian homeland. That's just as bad.
I stay away from Conspiracy arguments.

I stay away from Conspiracy arguments.

Gonna focus on this. You call it a "conspiracy argument" but how about when the Israeli leader (Netanyahu) says it?

How will you run away from that? Apocalypse calls me an antisemite for pointing out hard truths about Netanyahu and what he is up to, what's your excuse?

Gonna focus on this. You call it a "conspiracy argument" but how about when the Israeli leader (Netanyahu) says it?

How will you run away from that? Apocalypse calls me an antisemite for pointing out hard truths about Netanyahu and what he is up to, what's your excuse?
I laughed hard at that one.

You are trying a Gotchya over a word? Tribes, nations, lands... people. The debate was about people getting their land back. For ****'s sake.
A Kingdom is a Kingdom. You claimed there were many kings before the Romans. There were none.

The myth book very clearly says the Canaanites are the indigenes. And they are still around.
Canaanites were not a nation, they were several tribes who lived in the land and none of those tribes have existed for the past 2,000 years. It's historical truth that Jews have lived in the land and formed their homeland there, denying Jewish history is quite antisemitic and takes out your "I said Israel" excuse.

Canaanites were not a nation, they were several tribes who lived in the land and none of those tribes have existed for the past 2,000 years. It's historical truth that Jews have lived in the land and formed their homeland there, denying Jewish history is quite antisemitic and takes out your "I said Israel" excuse.
Oh ffs, get off this ridiculous 'antisemitic' [sic] bullshit! Ancient Jews were tribal and nomadic too, in case it slipped your mind. Their 'homes' were wherever they pitched their tents that week.

Because Tyre, Sidon, Baalbek and Biblos were just temporary summer encampments and not major metropoli that shaped the whole of the Medi, right?

Gods, your arguments are so stump-dumb, one has to wonder if it's just unfair and maybe even a bit unkind to do anything but pet you on the head and send you out for ice cream.

You haven't pointed out any hard truths and it sounds like you have trouble processing politics. Sounds like his policies helped tons go Gazans.

How is this bad?

Hamas was also included in discussions about increasing the number of work permits Israel granted to Gazan laborers, which kept money flowing into Gaza, meaning food for families and the ability to purchase basic products
Israeli officials said these permits, which allow Gazan laborers to earn higher salaries than they would in the enclave, were a powerful tool to help preserve calm.

So they try to stop one bad by supporting a different bad that they think they can control better. So what?

The myth book very clearly says the Canaanites are the indigenes. And they are still around.
So what? Neanderthals were there first... it is their land and they want it back.

How is this bad?

I'm willing to bet money if I searched your post history, you'll have said "if only the Palestinians took the path of peace" or "if only they had accepted Israel's right to exist"

Palestinian Authority on peace 1: link

Palestinian Authority on accepting Israel's right to exist 2: link

So guess what that article points out? I can do this in baby steps for you.

Oh ffs, get off this ridiculous 'antisemitic' [sic] bullshit!

The irony is 1) Semites / Semitic people are not just Jews and 2) the DNA of those Canaanites still lives on in both sides of this very sad debacle in the Middle East.

I'm willing to bet money if I searched your post history, you'll have said "if only the Palestinians took the path of peace" or "if only they had accepted Israel's right to exist"

Palestinian Authority on peace 1: link

Palestinian Authority on accepting Israel's right to exist 2: link

So guess what that article points out? I can do this in baby steps for you.
You still are not debating or presenting facts... now all you are doing is tossing out some veiled ad homs and trying to be condescending.

Oh ffs, get off this ridiculous 'antisemitic' [sic] bullshit! Ancient Jews were tribal and nomadic too, in case it slipped your mind. Their 'homes' were wherever they pitched their tents that week.

Well, they "pitched their tents" and formed the Kingdom of Judea with kings Solomon and David...

Back
Top Bottom