• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'That sounds like ethnic cleansing': CNN questions lead figure in Israel's settler movement

I know, but they're on the wrong side of the argument.
Depends on the result you want to see... I want to see less terrorism. Most of us are sick of the non-stop violence. Hearing genocidal threats about wiping out Israel doesn't seem to bother most people... I bet it would if it was not a threat against Jews.

Depends on the result you want to see... I want to see less terrorism. Most of us are sick of the non-stop violence. Hearing genocidal threats about wiping out Israel doesn't seem to bother most people... I bet it would if it was not a threat against Jews.
Sure, but kicking people out of their homes doesn't change that; it's actually the root cause of the conflict. There's no question groups like HAMAS and their rhetoric are a problem, but settlers and their extremist views haven't helped alleviate the problem either.

I bet you would let an 18 year old boy run up and hit you and you would not retaliate. I bet you would let him do it again? ...and again? ... and again?

One of the boys hits your sister and kills her... and you would not retaliate.

... he gets some friends who start hitting you... again and again...

...and again... Then another kid kidnaps your baby... then blows your friends leg off....

then the kid hits you again... and again and again and agin... hurting you, killing people... yeah?

How about letting him run up and hit you for 70 years? You would never respond... you would not end the threat?

I am impressed. You are an incredible person. *shrug*

Let's say I kept that 18 year old under my thumb restricted his freedom to move around the city, where he might live making him submit to body searches whenever I demanded.

He gets upset hits me on the nose. So I then cut of his nose, the nose of his family his friends and anyone he had contact with in his life that was not of my blood.

From a practical standpoint most people would say his punching me in the nose was more than justified for the mistreatment I forced on him. Most rational people would say going and cutting of his nose and all his acquaintances noses was not.

I bet you feel that black America under slavery would not have had the right to rise up and use violence to free themselves ( Including killing slave owners)

Last edited:
Let's say I kept that 18 year old under my thumb restricted his freedom to move around the city, where he might live making him submit to body searches whenever I demanded.

He gets upset hits me on the nose. So I then cut of his nose, the nose of his family his friends and anyone he had contact with in his life that was not of my blood.

From a practical standpoint most people would say his punching me in the nose was more than justified for the mistreatment I forced on him. Most rational people would say going and cutting of his nose and all his acquaintances noses was not.

I bet you feel that black America under slavery would not have had the right to rise up and use violence to free themselves ( Including killing slave owners)
As much as it upsets you the Arabs are the aggressors in this conflict.
Both originally and obviously now. If they would have chosen to stop terrorism and murders there would be no violence to begin with. Even now. They're not kept under anyone's thumb, they're having one thumb in the eye of Jews and one thumb in their own eye. Blaming the victims for being stronger and defending themselves is just idiotic. Comparing those aggressors to the black slaves who were purely victims of their slavers and situation is also racist towards black people playing down their history and honestly disgusting.

Sure, but kicking people out of their homes doesn't change that; it's actually the root cause of the conflict. There's no question groups like HAMAS and their rhetoric are a problem, but settlers and their extremist views haven't helped alleviate the problem either.
Agreed... that is why Israel is full in this time, IMO. They are over it. They are just getting rid of the entire Gaza problem.

Why has the 18 year old been restricted? Because they keep engaging in terrorism.

It is the Palestinians and Arabs that struck first, second, third and more... I still don't get the insistence that Israel can not defend itself. It is mind blowing. America was attacked in 2001 and spent the next decade in massive military action overseas. Did you complain about that?
Comparing the Plight of Gaza to American Slavery is a ridiculous analogy.

Agreed... that is why Israel is full in this time, IMO. They are over it. They are just getting rid of the entire Gaza problem.
That still leaves them with a West Bank problem, and generally speaking, kicking people off their land only brings more problems than it solves.

That still leaves them with a West Bank problem, and generally speaking, kicking people off their land only brings more problems than it solves.
Yes. I know. What do you suggest? Israel prays that the Muslims will stop calling for their annihilation and attacking them? Just take it? No self defence?

:rolleyes:

Yes. I know. What do you suggest? Israel prays that the Muslims will stop calling for their annihilation and attacking them? Just take it? No self defence?

:rolleyes:
Both sides need to work on this, but the actions of both haven't been leading to a solution either can seem to accept. On the one side you have HAMAS and other Muslim extremist pushing the non-solution of endless armed resistance with no clear goal besides resisting. Israel feeds this by offering no realistic solution to peace, since cooperation as seen in the West Bank, just means the displacement and lack of self governance goes unchecked. I have no idea how this gets resolved in the current paradigm, but trying to force millions of Palestinians out of the occupied territories sounds absolutely daft, and will lead to more conflict.

Both sides need to work on this, but the actions of both haven't been leading to a solution either can seem to accept.
Right. The Muslims want to commit genocide and the Jews want to live.

On the one side you have HAMAS and other Muslim extremist pushing the non-solution of endless armed resistance with no clear goal besides resisting. Israel feeds this by offering no realistic solution to peace,
This is why peace fails.
since cooperation as seen in the West Bank, just means the displacement and lack of self governance goes unchecked. I have no idea how this gets resolved in the current paradigm, but trying to force millions of Palestinians out of the occupied territories sounds absolutely daft, and will lead to more conflict.
It is well past time for Israel to be taking shit. Lost of you act like this is a situation without a long and documented past of Muslim invasions and tens of thousands of terrorist attacks... not idea why you ignore the past but the present is hopeless because of the past that you seem to ignore.

Right. The Muslims want to commit genocide and the Jews want to live.
For starters "the Muslims" is over generalizing, since some do not share those extremist views. It would be like saying "the Jews" are all extremists and want Arabs out of Israel. Muslims want to live just as much as Jews do, but those in the occupied areas are not doing so with the same liberty as others.

This is why peace fails.
Indeed. It's why it will take both groups to sort this out, as has always been the case.

It is well past time for Israel to be taking shit. Lost of you act like this is a situation without a long and documented past of Muslim invasions and tens of thousands of terrorist attacks... not idea why you ignore the past but the present is hopeless because of the past that you seem to ignore.
This is a one sided view that paints this situation as one where Israel's always been the victim of some group of people who have no unresolved issue, which is grossly incorrect. How you can say this ask why I'm ignoring the past is pretty weird. People in occupied lands tend not to like being occupied; news at 11.

Ethnic cleansing often fallows sectarian violence.

So where is the US?

Our failure to lead stems from our failure to understand Palestine fell long ago, yet it's people remain homeless.

Palestinian can not exist within the borders of greater Israel. Until we understand that we won't really be able to do much to stop Israel from harming Palestinians.

I know it's ethnic cleansing to move them somewhere else and help them establish the State they desire, but it just is what it is, and moving is better than join Israel or die, which is the choices they have now.
Would you meekly move out of your country because an illegal occupier doesn't want you there? The Jews in the Warsaw ghetto didn't; they fought against all odds, battling a massively powerful occupier. The parallels don't need to be explained.

I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm sure it's more nonsense. What is known as "price tag" is mostly vandalism. Graffiti and things like that.
Of course you have "no idea". Denialism is your forte where criticism of Israel is concerned, and when you have no argument to offer.

Last edited:
"Reclaim" land which wasn't Israel's in the first place? Explain how that works.
Kingdom of Judea... it was not the Palestinians land either... it was the Ottoman's.

Kingdom of Judea... it was not the Palestinians land either... it was the Ottoman's.
By your reckoning Britain is still Britannia, ruled by Rome. Shall I ask them if they want it back? After 400 years of occupation from 55BC until 450AD it clearly belongs to Rome.

By your reckoning Britain is still Britannia, ruled by Rome. Shall I ask them if they want it back? After 400 years of occupation from 55BC until 450AD it clearly belongs to Rome.
There were many kingdoms in England prior to the Romans....

She lacks credibility for that because the video opens by naming 8 illegal Israeli settlements recognized by the Israeli government that the US opposed. Oct. 7 is the excuse used to re-establish settlements in Gaza which was the intent of those Zionist groups mentioned in the video. At the end of the video a man says "Where ever there are Jewish settlements, there is more security." I am skeptical that an Israeli occupation of Gaza will keep Israelis safe from terrorist groups wishing their extinction.
One just have to look back to their lst occupation of Gaza and the reason Sharon and Olmertz decided to leave the strip.

Ethnic cleansing often fallows sectarian violence.

So where is the US?

Our failure to lead stems from our failure to understand Palestine fell long ago, yet it's people remain homeless.

Palestinian can not exist within the borders of greater Israel. Until we understand that we won't really be able to do much to stop Israel from harming Palestinians.

I know it's ethnic cleansing to move them somewhere else and help them establish the State they desire, but it just is what it is, and moving is better than join Israel or die, which is the choices they have now.

So you think instead of stopping Israel from committing ethnic cleansing, we should help them commit it?

Tell you what, let’s give the Palestinians a state in south Florida. Just seize Mar a Lago and make it their Capitol and move all Americans out. You would support that plan, yes?

Imagine a gang in The Valley launching rocket attacks into Los Angeles for years... who actually thinks that SWAT teams would not invading the Valley to eliminate that threat, arrest, lock up?

Would those SWAT teams indiscriminately kill civilians like the IDF has?

So you think instead of stopping Israel from committing ethnic cleansing, we should help them commit it?

Tell you what, let’s give the Palestinians a state in south Florida. Just seize Mar a Lago and make it their Capitol and move all Americans out. You would support that plan, yes?
Ethnic Cleansing is not the devastating term you think that you are wielding it is moving people... not slaughtering them.

Would those SWAT teams indiscriminately kill civilians like the IDF has?
It is not indiscriminant ... it is collateral damage and yes, that would happen if fighting a fully mobilized Cripps Army hiding in people's homes and such.

Ethnic Cleansing is not the devastating term you think that you are wielding it is moving people... not slaughtering them.

Moving an ethnic group against their will is textbook ethnic cleansing. That’s why the term gets used instead of genocide.

It is not indiscriminant ... it is collateral damage and yes, that would happen if fighting a fully mobilized Cripps Army hiding in people's homes and such.

Would the SWAT teams bomb whole neighborhoods because the gangs were hiding in people’s homes?

Back
Top Bottom