• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

School disrupted Because a boy "feels like a girl".

All of the students were not dealing with it. It was just the girls using the locker room the same time the transsexual is using it.

Facepalm.

I'm pretty sure he is aware of that.

That's the problem.

As long as the individual remains physically male, in our prudish society, females will feel concerned.

This is not the case in many European societies where baring the naked form is not automatically a prelude to some sexual adventure. It is just considered the natural human condition.

As long as people equate nudity with sex (or the threat thereof)...this response will occur. :shrug:

Being prudish while under age is normal..... Leave that **** for collage spring breaks after 18 on daddies money. Systemic desegragation of literal gender, pertaining to genetalia, is stupid no matter what.

That article is from 1996. It's talking about relatively current viewpoints about showering in school, in an era where it is no longer typical. If you look at the comments from the teachers in my age group, when it WAS typical...what do they say that differs from my experience?

Even the person you quote from the ACLU who claims he was "deluged" with calls and letters...why not write and ask him what he considers "deluged" to mean...hundreds? Thousands? I never said no one was humiliated, if you recall I mentioned my own lack of pubic hair period and the puberty thing, which like most men I got over. (I can't speak for women. ;) )

In any case my original opinion still stands. People need to stop fearing nudity, it is the human condition and does not automatically signal the threat of sex.

You do realize the policy stayed in place in many schools up to the mid-nineties, right? The letters were from people that dealt with it. Your policy was rejected and is cruel. Deal with it.

Last edited:
I agree. They do have to be taught how to accept transgender people and gay people and other people who aren't like them. But since they have clearly not been taught, their actions are rooted in ignorant bigotry.

I don'tthink ignorance is involved. Girls don't want a boy intheir locker room for reasons other than ignorance.

If you have a penis, you change in the men's room. If you have a vagina, you change in the women's room.

If you have a problem with that, you change in the handicapped stall with the door shut.

So, this guy should use the women's room?

Hdj9smI.png

Aw hell, I don't know, maybe high school is the perfect place and time for kids to start recognizing the complexity of gender identity. Schools, especially high schools, should really open their minds to these issues and lose the whole gender specific facilities for changing clothes and using the restroom. Heck, they should probably also allocate a room or two so that students with various urges can "get in touch with themselves" and with their classmates. It'll promote better understanding of human sexuality. Besides, what could possibly go better with your Michelle Obama approved lunch of three tofu McNuggets and a string bean than a blow job from the male, female and/or "other" of your choice?

Sounds like a great plan

And that is why I brought it up. Your entire view point here doesn't care what the kids feel, and In fact, you criticize the kids and demand they get over it. You do this all so that a very small percentage of kids can feel better about themselves, and by doing so ignore the majority of the kids. This is the view you actually think is superior to mine. Back in the day the supporters of mandatory showering would in fact argue that the kids just needed to get over it and deal with being forced to be naked around others. Notice anything similar about your views and theirs?

Oh and btw, the argument that other countries do it doesn't mean anything. You are still forcing your views on the kids and ignoring their feelings.

We direct and guide our children, we don't give in to their every emotional need and impulse regardless of how fundamentally uninformed and selfish they might be. If this child is legitimately trans-gendered then teaching the other kids to be less judgmental and narrow minded is to their benefit. Just like counseling them on not being a bully or a racist. You can't really compare allowing a person who is trans to openly be who they are to someone who chooses to hate them for it

We direct and guide our children, we don't give in to their every emotional need and impulse regardless of how fundamentally uninformed and selfish they might be. If this child is legitimately trans-gendered then teaching the other kids to be less judgmental and narrow minded is to their benefit. Just like counseling them on not being a bully or a racist. You can't really compare allowing a person who is trans to openly be who they are to someone who chooses to hate them for it

Nonsensical gibberish. Your whole argument is that the one kid feels bad, so we should ignore all the other children's feelings to make them feel better. Afterall, when your solution comes out with more kids feeling bad when you were dealing with kids feeling bad it's a good solution. It's also bull**** to say all of society has to adjust and feel bad about themselves when one kid that's obviously fubar feels bad about the current arrangement, sorry. He will never be a woman, and he sure has hell isn't one now, so he can go away. Why in the ****ing hell does all of society have to change how they view issues like this when factually they have the right view? There isn't one.

Oh and yeah, it's selfish to want to impose yourself on all of society when you're wrong.

Last edited:
Nonsensical gibberish. Your whole argument is that the one kid feels bad, so we should ignore all the other childrens feels to make them feel better. Afterall, when your solution comes out with more kids feeling bad when you were dealing with kids feeling bad it's a good solution. It's also bull**** to say all of society has to adjust and feel bad about themselves when one kid that obvious fubar feels bad, sorry.

I'm sorry the subtlety of my point escapes you. (which actually isn't so subtle at all)
Please address the point that we guide our children on many issues. Do we as parents or do we not?

I'm sorry the subtleties of my point escapes you. (which actually aren't so subtle at all)
Please address the fact that we guide our children on many issues. Do we as parents or do we not?

I'm not going to tell my children they are wrong for not viewing this individual as a woman because they are factually correct in thinking so.

I'm not going to tell my children they are wrong for not viewing this individual as a woman because they are factually correct in thinking so.

I'm not suggesting you tell your children how to think. I'm suggesting you tell them how to behave.

I'm not suggesting you tell your children how to think. I'm suggesting you tell them how to behave.

You want them to accept something that is factually incorrect. I won't play along with it and I will in fact fight it. I want them to behave with facts in mind and the facts say they should reject this kids claims.

So, this guy should use the women's room?

Hdj9smI.png

She can use the handicap stall. No one told them to get all that stuff done to them and no one has to accept them because they did. This isn't like blacks or gays, but people that made a choice and no one is obligated to accept their choices.

You want them to accept something that is factually incorrect. I won't play along with it and I will in fact fight it. I want them to behave with facts in mind and the facts say they should reject this kids claims.

The consider ALL the facts and please please look up the definition of a fact

Students protest transgender classmate's use of girl's locker room | Fox News

Sad day for America when people are so insane that they put up with crossdressers appropriating the tiny few who actually have genitalia based gender issues. I cant believe some people would be on the boys side to go get naked with girls based on his opinion. I cant believe the school would be idiotic enough to actually give him permission.

I agree. It's insane.

Wonder if the school administrators are perverts or just cowards.

Actually, the story indicates that school was disrupted because of dumb teenagers likely raised by bigoted parents can't be tolerant of a transgender classmate. The OP is classic victim-blaming.

Wow. Nine posts without a stupid comment, that must be a record or something.

The consider ALL the facts and please please look up the definition of a fact

I know the facts and this child is male. Prove to me he is female if you want. At best you have a brain that suffers from a developmental defect. That's it.

What I love about this issue is that people think they can take a male with a developmental defect, declare he is female, and then get outraged when people say bull****.

Last edited:
I agree. It's insane.

Wonder if the school administrators are perverts or just cowards.

Stupid and cowards. They literally put a boy in the wrong locker room and are surprised that went over badly.

I don'tthink ignorance is involved. Girls don't want a boy intheir locker room for reasons other than ignorance.
The fact that you keep calling this girl a "boy" illustrates your own ignorance and if you don't recognize your own ignorance, you can't be expected to recognize ignorance in others.

Ya... Especially teenage girls, the last thing they want is some boy pretending he feels like a girl watching them get changed.

The things I would have said when I was a teenager to get into the girls change room. Now, somehow there's an excuse that works, and if you don't take the kids word for it then you're a bigot.

If we are talking about a room with a toilet, then who cares who is using it, but this is a change room.

I don't like how all of the students walked out because of this issue. I looks like it's all of the students against one.

So? It looks to me like one student against all.

The fact that you keep calling this girl a "boy" illustrates your own ignorance and if you don't recognize your own ignorance, you can't be expected to recognize ignorance in others.

Do you not know the difference between girls and boys?

Maybe we could post some pictures of naked boys and girls to help you understand.

I have no problem with pre-op MTF transgenders using the same bathroom I'm using. None at all.

However, we're talking high school here and if showers are a part of using the locker rooms, that's another ball of wax entirely. The reason is that public showers for young teenagers can be traumatic with one's own sex. I was so terrified of taking a shower after gym class (it was required at my school) that I shook so badly I actually broke into tears the first time. I'd never been exposed in that way before. After four long years of it, I got over my modesty to a point, but still never liked it. Toss a naked transgender with male equipment into that shower, and at that age I'd have really been beside myself, since I'd never even seen an "adult" male genitalia before.

If the students aren't required to completely disrobe, just change clothes leaving undergarments in place, I don't really see a problem... that said, the transgender student refusing a neutral area to change is in my mind a pretty ballsy (pardon the expression) insistence that everyone accommodate her, while she shows no willingness to accommodate anyone else.

I personally think the school administration should insist the transgender student use the neutral changing area. Their school, their rules.

This whole trans issue takes the idea of acceptance too far. It's one thing to demand people accept people for who they are, but it's another to demand people accept people for who they are not.

I applaud you. Very eloquently and simply put.

Does this mean I can try out for an NFL cheerleader position and they MUST accept me and let me shower with them?

where's my loofa !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom