• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Peddling Fear

true, it is probably scientifically impossible as most can understand.
Yes it's true most probably do not understand science and have the intellectual capability to understand or prefer fairy tales and myths.
my study leads me to believe that Jonah may have died inside, but we can't say that dogmatically; he could have lived. the bible records that Jonah prayed inside the fish and repented of not doing the right thing.

when i first heard of this two weeks ago i made the decision to preach to you as i didn't want God to send a Big Fish after me for not doing so.

most of you are like this Cartoon, the Big Fish has to come and get you before you realize that God is Sovereign and you don't truly control much of anything.
Big Fish equals Big myth.

Yes it's true most probably do not understand science and have the intellectual capability to understand or prefer fairy tales and myths.

Big Fish equals Big myth.

your problem really isn't a Big Fish, or a Big myth.

if it was, that would be an easy Fix.

Gordy i know after observing you, what your real problem actually is.

anyone know what that might be?

blessings, april 8 and much more.

Oh, do tell!

your opinion would be quite interesting.

gotta study some mil stuff this morning, as i want to accurately report what is happening on the ground and in the air. too many computers to search thru, and i am starting to forget. figures 2 weeks before the final...........

well you know.

The largest known sea animal is a blue whale (which is a mammal and not a "fish"), which still cannot swallow a human whole and allow one to survive. There is no evidence of anything bigger or capable of swallowing a human whole. By all means, provide evidence of a "fish" capable of swallowing a human whole. No such "fish" has ever been sighted or discovered. But somehow, one magically appears at a specific location at a specific time to swallow someone who lived inside said "fish" for 3 days, likely without food, water, light, or oxygen, and then got spit out and was just fine? And this makes sense? Or maybe is "could have" been just a story.
Evidently @Revelation likes your explanation. Of course you can't consider the possibility that God could have created a special fish because you don't believe in the existence of God. But for those that do it's very a reasonable opinion.

He isn't a believer in God.

Matthew 22
29Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Evidently @Revelation likes your explanation. Of course you can't consider the possibility that God could have created a special fish because you don't believe in the existence of God. But for those that do it's very a reasonable opinion.
To consider the possibility of God, one must first prove there's a God. Invoking God is no different that saying it's magic.

To consider the possibility of God, one must first prove there's a God. Invoking God is no different that saying it's magic.
All you need to do is consider circumstantial evidence. Proof is reserved to mathematics.

Neither in biblical myths. At least, not without objective evidence. "God did it" is not convincing.
It's enough for millions. Perhaps it's a personal problem you have.

The largest known sea animal is a blue whale (which is a mammal and not a "fish"), which still cannot swallow a human whole and allow one to survive. There is no evidence of anything bigger or capable of swallowing a human whole. By all means, provide evidence of a "fish" capable of swallowing a human whole. No such "fish" has ever been sighted or discovered. But somehow, one magically appears at a specific location at a specific time to swallow someone who lived inside said "fish" for 3 days, likely without food, water, light, or oxygen, and then got spit out and was just fine? And this makes sense? Or maybe is "could have" been just a story.

Gordy is right, the story is impossible.

but as you say, God made it possible.

i will take God's version for starts.

It's enough for millions. Perhaps it's a personal problem you have.
An argumentum ad populum. But if people want to set the bar so low, that's their problem.
All you need to do is consider circumstantial evidence. Proof is reserved to mathematics.
Circumstantial evidence is not evidence. Certainly nothing objectively solid or convincing.

An argumentum ad populum. But if people want to set the bar so low, that's their problem.

Circumstantial evidence is not evidence. Certainly nothing objectively solid or convincing.
Evidence is evidence.

Back
Top Bottom