• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Peddling Fear

Yes it is. How long do you want to play this game?
No, it's not. Go ahead and try using circumstantial evidence in science. No one would nor should take you seriously. Circumstantial is weak "evidence." And I'm not playing games. I'm quite serious.

Projection big time.
I admit much of my perspective is based on beliefs and the resultive experience I've had. You have no experience actually observing macroevolution; just all guesses. Scientists have not answered conclusively why there is something rather than nothing, when nothing is what you had before the Big Bang.

I admit much of my perspective is based on beliefs and the resultive experience I've had.
Which is entirely subjective and anecdotal.
You have no experience actually observing macroevolution; just all guesses. Scientists have not answered conclusively why there is something rather than nothing, when nothing is what you had before the Big Bang.
Who said there was nothing before the BB? Certainly not science. Science admits it doesn't know what, if anything, there was before the BB. Science is honest like that. But it doesn't make things up or goes by mere belief like religion does.

Which is entirely subjective and anecdotal.
Which doesn't make it false. It just gives YOU a reason to reject it.
Who said there was nothing before the BB? Certainly not science. Science admits it doesn't know what, if anything, there was before the BB. Science is honest like that. But it doesn't make things up or goes by mere belief like religion does.
What's your best guess of what existed prior to the Big Bang? Why is there something other than nothing?

Which doesn't make it false. It just gives YOU a reason to reject it.
It doesn't make it true. Its perfectly reasonable to reject anecdotes and circumstance. It's wishful thinking at best. But no good or rational reason to accept..
What's your best guess of what existed prior to the Big Bang? Why is there something other than nothing?
I'm not in the habit of making guesses.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Enjoy your fairy tales.

your problem really isn't a Big Fish, or a Big myth.

if it was, that would be an easy Fix.

Gordy i know after observing you, what your real problem actually is.

anyone know what that might be?

getting closer to the answer.

Gordy is right, the story is impossible.

but as you say, God made it possible.

i will take God's version for starts.

maybe he needs a modern day story of this?

To consider the possibility of God, one must first prove there's a God. Invoking God is no different that saying it's magic.

we can do this sufficiently, are you ready yet?

maybe this Fish story can help...

there you go Gordy. we can wait.

What do you mean? You've said nonsense and offered nothing as usual.

a miraculous fish story can help you.

the only way to better impress you with this story is to put your out in that boat trying to survive..

true, it is probably scientifically impossible as most can understand.

my study leads me to believe that Jonah may have died inside, but we can't say that dogmatically; he could have lived. the bible records that Jonah prayed inside the fish and repented of not doing the right thing.

when i first heard of this two weeks ago i made the decision to preach to you as i didn't want God to send a Big Fish after me for not doing so.

most of you are like this Cartoon, the Big Fish has to come and get you before you realize that God is Sovereign and you don't truly control much of anything. Gordy you are like a hard nut for God to crack, but he is working on you.

meet April 8 and God's nut cracker...

View attachment 67501438

The Bible *claims* this happened. It doesn’t “record” anything.

Evidently @Revelation likes your explanation. Of course you can't consider the possibility that God could have created a special fish because you don't believe in the existence of God. But for those that do it's very a reasonable opinion.

Hey, now all you have to do is prove god exists for that to be a valid explanation. Can you do that?

And your evidence for this is what?

the bible.

the bible is full of stories where people would rather die than think. Noah and his flood come to mind, 99.9% died.

They they don't believe exactly like you believe?

they will come April 8.

here they are dying and thinking. then they all died...

noah flood drown.jpg

the bible.

the bible is full of stories where people would rather die than think. Noah and his flood come to mind, 99.9% died.
Circular reasoning and a myth.

Back
Top Bottom