• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paul Ryan should be ousted from the Speakership

Should Paul Ryan be removed as Speaker?

• Total voters
Only a drunken T-party go-er would want Ryan removed.

He has achieved the only compromise in the Senate in over 7 years.

Compromise? That's like saying "I wanted a dog and she wanted a cat so we compromised and got a cat." Ryan simply gave the Democrats everything they asked for and more. A complete surrender. That's good for Democrats, but Ryan proved himself to be a RINO, which Republicans don't need any more of.

Compromise? That's like saying "I wanted a dog and she wanted a cat so we compromised and got a cat." Ryan simply gave the Democrats everything they asked for and more. A complete surrender. That's good for Democrats, but Ryan proved himself to be a RINO, which Republicans don't need any more of.

So you must not have heard about the removal of the oil export ban then ??

You can google it.

So you must not have heard about the removal of the oil export ban then ??

You can google it.

If you think anything will ever overcome the magnitude of the treason of the omnibus spending bill, you are very much mistaken.

What chip? The conservative majority in the US got screwed yet again.

The entire political system is screwed on both sides of the fence. And the electorate are to blame.

The Omnibus bill obviously. The turd rolled over and played dead.

The 'Turd' stood up to the lunatics and brats in the PUB party and is taking care of the People's business, not letting 40 politicians run the House.

Let's not forget the Bill passed with almost as many PUBs voting FOR it as DEMs... how do you hang that on one guy? Seems to me the only way Ryan could stop it would be to be a King rather than a Speaker.

Thought 'we' didn't like that???

I'd say Speaker Ryan deserves a bi-partisan standing ovation. Finally someone who won't let 40 radicals run the House! And it ain't like he didn't warn the radicals he means business, did you miss his speech???? :peace

Do you think he should be removed? If not, why?

Many democrats are complaining about this bill too. That is the point of a compromise, it would be great for both sides but at least it is livable.

If Ryan refuses to respect the Hastert principle, he should be ousted. He was prepared to violate it; he just got lucky this time.

Hastert's principle isn't more than an very informal principle HE used, it isn't binding on anyone else. Hastert turned the position of Speaker into little more than a scheduling clerk... :doh

Given the now disgraced Speaker's current criminal tribulations- stemming from molesting minor boys and paying millions in hush money- I'd say the his name should be 'he who shan't be named'. I would have said no true Conservative would ever refer to child molester Hastert... :peace

This deserves a :roll:

Like him or not, that's just willfully ignorant on your part.
Apart from changing the name of a post office building, name one law the lazy legislator has framed.

Apart from changing the name of a post office building, name one law the lazy legislator has framed.

Your lean says "undisclosed", but you're coming off as a liberal. The kind of liberal that thinks more and more laws are the sign of progress. Sometimes good government is what you don't do. We already have over 200 years of laws on the books. We should have it pretty much figured out by now. We don't need many more.

I don't know what he's passed, nor am I inclined to go look it up. But one does not gain his level having done nothing. Your label of willful ignorance stands. "Partisan willful ignorance" might be better.

Paul Ryan has accomplished nothing in his entire political career. He is well suited to represent his dysfunctional party.

To be honest, i have no great love for the man, but that's not really a fair statement. He's accomplished a lot, i just don't like most of what he's accomplished.

Oh good God. Do the Tea Party wankers ever stop whining like little pusses? Paul Ryan is one of the strongest conservatives in the country and the bastard has the audacity to pass one bill with bipartisan support. What a son of a bitch. He should just pass another bill that will get shot down and do that over and over again until 2017 and then rebuke the likely GOP President to show the RINO-in-chief who's boss.

:roll:

Last edited:
The GOPers should be happy that Ryan agreed to take that thankless job.

He's not my favorite person but he's about the best that they're going to get for that job.

Daniel Webster.

The House Speaker in Name Only.

That explains it.

That guy fits the bill for being called a RINO far more than Ryan, but you folks like him because he is amiable to taking it up the rear from the Tea Party clowns.

Your lean says "undisclosed", but you're coming off as a liberal. The kind of liberal that thinks more and more laws are the sign of progress. Sometimes good government is what you don't do. ...
In that case the Republican Congress is a thundering success.

Back
Top Bottom