• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paul Ryan should be ousted from the Speakership

Should Paul Ryan be removed as Speaker?

• Total voters
False. Look at welfare payouts in real dollars :

02db5e904a91dc1d0fe8a308117737dd.jpg

We're still seeing cuts. It's just that the average American is far too incompetent to see through the fear-mongering propaganda of budget crises and public debt.

It could be that you have a habit of posting charts and graphs without posting the source for them. Is there a reason for that?

Who are you going to replace him with? Ryan had to be begged to take the spot.

Why not save time and make Obama the Speaker too? :lol:

Because i have the graphs saved on my phone but not the links.

I suppose there's a reason that you question my information without having any actual evidence of your own: either you found i'm right or you're lazily grasping at straws.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_Assistance_for_Needy_Families

You have been posting on a political talkboard long enough to rack up over 7000 posts. By now you should know that it's customary to post a source for your charts and graphs. Though I now see why you didn't. Most of us do not take Wikipedia seriously as a source as the material can be edited by the reader. Wiki may be fun for other subjects where there is no controversy, however for anything that might be discussed in politics, is just not trustworthy as a source.

You have been posting on a political talkboard long enough to rack up over 7000 posts. By now you should know that it's customary to post a source for your charts and graphs. Though I now see why you didn't. Most of us do not take Wikipedia seriously as a source as the material can be edited by the reader. Wiki may be fun for other subjects where there is no controversy, however for anything that might be discussed in politics, is just not trustworthy as a source.

I don't mean to suggest that my statements go unchallenged. Feel free to find a competing view.

I don't mean to suggest that my statements go unchallenged. Feel free to find a competing view.

What you don't seem to understand is that when you are the one posting the charts and graphs, the burden of proof is on you.

I don't agree. His position as speaker of the house gives him more influence on any bills. He is now in a position to buck the republicans on his favorite legislation and negotiate with the democrats. Whether he will take advantage of that remains to be seen. If he does, he will become as much a target as Boehner was.

Well thats why I think its debatable. If he uses his position to push ideas thats bad. If he uses it to promote order, then thats good. How we personally votes or promotes bills is a problem for the people he represents, not for the membership.

Well thats why I think its debatable. If he uses his position to push ideas thats bad. If he uses it to promote order, then thats good. How we personally votes or promotes bills is a problem for the people he represents, not for the membership.

Both are important. If he abandons the GOP side of the house and negotiates with the democrats on. a bill that the republicans in the house do not support, he will be in as much trouble as Boehner, not only with his constituents, but the conservative base as well.

Boehner was a practical Midwest Repub of the type we need more of in Congress.

I disagree. However had he not run the house leadership like a dictatorship, he would not have been tarred and feathered and run out of town.

He was reasonable; his opponents were not.

I strongly disagree on that one. He basically shut out his opponents and in many cases punished those who did not vote the way the leadership did. In effect it amounted to those who voted to elect his opposition having no representation. Ryan has promised not to run the house in that fashion. I hope he holds true to that.

What you don't seem to understand is that when you are the one posting the charts and graphs, the burden of proof is on you.

I back my claims. If you push an alternative narrative, you have to make your own citations. That's how this works.

Both are important. If he abandons the GOP side of the house and negotiates with the democrats on. a bill that the republicans in the house do not support, he will be in as much trouble as Boehner, not only with his constituents, but the conservative base as well.

Only so far as he uses his speakership to do so.

I back my claims. If you push an alternative narrative, you have to make your own citations. That's how this works.

You are the one who made the claims....and posted unsourced graphs and charts. Then when asked for your source, you came up with "wikipedia", a pretend encyclopedia that is editable by the reader. You have backed up nothing.

You are the one who made the claims....and posted unsourced graphs and charts. Then when asked for your source, you came up with "wikipedia", a pretend encyclopedia that is editable by the reader. You have backed up nothing.

If you think i'm wrong, don't simply commit an ad hominem fallacy, back your **** up or your claims have LESS merit, NOT MORE.

You are free, indeed debate-obligated, to post your own competing graphs, or tell us why his are wrong.
And one can't just dismiss Wikipedia either. It is a/Thee MSM of the internet.
Tho on some matters (Race, Islam, etc) they have become so PC, it's impossible to see any useful info/hard-data any more.
IOW, You have to Do something besides saying "no".

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom