• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oregon gunman singled out Christians during rampage

Religion...humanity's dumbest (popular) invention...BY FAR.

The movie was The Accused and it was actually based on a true story that happened in MA. The men who cheered on her rape were charged with Criminal Solicitation. In the end they were found guilty of Reckless Endangerment.

OK--interesting. I can see how the solicitation of rape would be hard to prove.

Religion...humanity's dumbest (popular) invention...BY FAR.

What the hell does that have to do with it? Didn't this guy shoot religious people?

Could you point to where anyone in an official capacity has deemed this a hate crime? Yeah, that's the point.
Why would any official deem it a hate crime before the police have determined an official motive? If that's your point, your point is stupid.

Could you point to where anyone in an official capacity has deemed this a hate crime? Yeah, that's the point.

... So you are in favor of labeling the actions of this Conservative, Republican as a hate crime? I'm glad to hear you've decided to support hate crime legislation and I agree, it should be labeled a hate crime if it can be shown that the shooter had religion as a motive and it wasn't just some sadistic action to instil fear. :)

Last edited:
... So you are in favor of labeling the actions of this Conservative, Republican as a hate crime? I'm glad to hear you've decided to support hate crime legislation and I agree, it should be labeled a hate crime if it can be shown that the shooter had religion as a motive and it wasn't just some sadistic action to instil fear. :)

Him being dead and all, are they actually going to charge him with a crime?

Him being dead and all, are they actually going to charge him with a crime?

I didn't know he was dead, I'm just glad to hear Renae be so supportive of hate crime legislation.

Why would they charge a dead guy with a hate crime?

Just quick thing on 4chan, even as someone who hasn't been to it I know it's probably 80-95% people posting disturbing and/or stupid things to be edgy and offensive. Doubt the vast majority cheering are at all sincere.

If it was before probably bit easier to explain (not uncommon with sites full of YA, to see responses of "do it," to things seen as attention whoring.

I believe the point is that: They died for the dumbest reasons invented by man thus far (i.e., religion).
Agreed. I'm a full blown anti-theist atheist ... and what a completely dumb and horrendous reason to kill people.

Also, if it weren't for our lax gun laws, there'd be no reason for this anti-theist nutcase to have had a gun.

even as someone who hasn't been to it I know it's probably 80-95% people posting disturbing and/or stupid things to be edgy and offensive. Doubt the vast majority cheering are at all sincere.
I think we'd all be surprised concerning the large number of people on that site who are serious.

I believe the point is that: They died for the dumbest reasons invented by man thus far (i.e., religion).

That's just ridiculous. They DID die for a stupid reason: illogical hatred of something. Not because of their religion. That's blaming the victim.

That's just ridiculous. They DID die for a stupid reason: illogical hatred of something. Not because of their religion. That's blaming the victim.

What a stupid sorting reference Mercer used to kill or maim people. Without religion he may have not have killed at all.

Agreed. I'm a full blown anti-theist atheist ... and what a completely dumb and horrendous reason to kill people.

Also, if it weren't for our lax gun laws, there'd be no reason for this anti-theist nutcase to have had a gun.

I think we'd all be surprised concerning the large number of people on that site who are serious.

Please cite a gun law that would have prevented the shooter from having a gun.

What a stupid sorting reference Mercer used to kill or maim people. Without religion he may have not have killed at all.

So it is their fault for dying. I forgot why I detest anti theists.

Yea. But when society is so willing to create things to hang our hate on, we shouldn't object when some do precisely that.

They too fought for Beta Uprising?

Or did they asked whether their victims were Christians before or not before killing them?

The second one. With at least one of the victims, anyway.

Do you want my personal opinion? The Second is viewed as our only guarantor. Also, in a world viewed as increasingly violent the notion that some majority should sacrifice safety to the security of the few is essentially taboo; I mean, it's a subject that can't even be broached in public. But that said, gun control is here, we have it, and it's never going anywhere. In some states, it's virtually impossible to obtain a handgun permit. And it's impossible to purchase an assault rifle. But the sportsman gets along fine. People have their rifles and shotguns for sporting purposes and are largely content to permit only law enforcement handguns.

In the days before universal prosperity, guns were viewed differently. There were no self-defense weapons, there was no need of them, and every sporting arm had a purpose. As a conservative, and a 2nd Amend-er, I'm not always happy with the NRA's response because I feel we have responsibility to ensure safety. But I also think we have to find a way to re-institute civility, and divisive politics, which only fuel the hate, do not help. Because there will always be that slightly deranged malcontent looking for something to hang his hate on no matter what it is. How do we keep these people from falling through the cracks? Greater scrutiny, imo, it's the only reasonable response.

Last edited:
We live in a violent society, our music is violent, as is our movies, TV shows, video games etc. Obviously violent media and entertainment doesn't affect everyone, but it affects enough. And if we believe surveys Americans are not a happy bunch.. Politics, etc. is driving us further and further apart, and overall we just aren't a happy people.

Add all that up with us being armed to the teeth, and a 24/7 news media to give these guys the publicly they crave, so it really isn't surprising there is a shooting almost every week.

Back
Top Bottom