• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oregon gunman singled out Christians during rampage

What were they charged with?

I cannot recall, might have been aiding and abetting. Its been a long time since I saw that movie. I knew Jodie Foster in college and caught most of her films.

Probably not many, which is why I'm specifically addressing them.

My point is that however reprehensible their opinions/posts are, 4Chan isn't representative of anything but 4Chan.

Unbelievable. Twisted, sad, pathetic, grotesque... wtf is wrong with people?

I sometimes think the human race may be dehumanizing itself because of the increasingly impersonal ways in which we communicate.

You have a point.

Reckless endangerment.

Jodie Foster won the first of her Best Actress Oscars for that film. It's a great flick. 95% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which is very high for that site.

Reckless endangerment.

Jodie Foster won the first of her Best Actress Oscars for that film. It's a great flick.

Thanks. Weird charge.

Thanks. Weird charge.

Probably all they could get them on; I think the original charge was criminal solicitation. I haven't seen the film in a long time.

How many in contrast to the rest of the country and the world?

A relative handful.

4chan is a cesspool. It is literally the cistern of the internet.

A relative handful.

4chan is a cesspool. It is literally the cistern of the internet.

Well, I no nothing about the "dark Web," but if you want to talk "cistern," there is--no, you know what? If I post the name, some stranger will access this vile site--but there is one venerable site familiar to too many that specializes in triple-X death/gore pics, the one whose motto begins with "When Hell is full...." This is lower than 4Chan.

Maybe not as loner/whacko as 4Chan, though.

Unbelievable. Twisted, sad, pathetic, grotesque... wtf is wrong with people?

I sometimes think the human race may be dehumanizing itself because of the increasingly impersonal ways in which we communicate.

I think that every day when I read headlines. I sit there and at least twice think WTF.

I've the name floating around the internet. The claim is that he is an ardent member of some internet board consisting of whacko haters.

Okay, both name and material for motivation. Got links?

Gunman Identified as Chris Harper Mercer

A law enforcement official has identified the gunman as Chris Harper Mercer, 26, and said he had three weapons, handguns and at least one long gun.

It was not clear whether he fired them all. Law enforcement officials said he lived in the Roseburg area, and they said one witness said that he asked about peoples’ religions before he began firing.

“He appears to be an angry young man who was very filled with hate,” one law enforcement official said.

Here is the gunman's picture.

300x300.jpg

Okay,

Now why did he do it?

Jesus Christ, very disturbing. (Your link is cut off a bit.)
I have been around 4chan before, many of the users are moronic teenagers who more then likely don't know what they're getting into.

They speak of "Beta Uprising."

That is, male students who are not getting any due to the unfair competition of Alpha males. But why did he asked whether they were Christian first?

He was 20, which means he got of hold of his weapons illegally.
His personal info at the site I posted shows him to be 26 years old, just as the linked report in the OP showed him to be also.

Well, I no nothing about the "dark Web," but if you want to talk "cistern," there is--no, you know what? If I post the name, some stranger will access this vile site--but there is one venerable site familiar to too many that specializes in triple-X death/gore pics, the one whose motto begins with "When Hell is full...." This is lower than 4Chan.

Maybe not as loner/whacko as 4Chan, though.

That sounds ... not awesome.

They speak of "Beta Uprising."

That is, male students who are not getting any due to the unfair competition of Alpha males. But why did he asked whether they were Christian first?

Klebold and Harris did that.

People hate waiting for facts. Of course, if you do, you are wrong less often...

Yup. I'm one of those people who prefers to wait for facts which normally take more than 6 minutes to rear their ugly heads. Not to mention it tends to reduce on knee jerk reactions. I also apply that to politicians' reactions to things. The Patriot Act is a great example of that. It was suggested, pushed and passed out of panic caused by a tragedy. Maybe if we had waited some time and done some more due diligence we would not have such a stupid law on the books.

The movie was The Accused and it was actually based on a true story that happened in MA. The men who cheered on her rape were charged with Criminal Solicitation. In the end they were found guilty of Reckless Endangerment.

Reckless endangerment.

Jodie Foster won the first of her Best Actress Oscars for that film. It's a great flick. 95% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which is very high for that site.

It was an outstanding picture, although the rape scene for me to this day is very very hard to watch.

I have, actually. I don't believe anyone will be held liable, due to the private nature of 4chans postings, but it will be interesting to see the legal side of this play out.

At common law, a person at the scene of a rape--even a woman--who encouraged the rapist could be convicted of rape as an accomplice. Don't know the movie, which sounds interesting, but that might have been the idea behind it.

The problem here would be to show that these other pieces of rat filth said anything on this site that created a clear and present danger of imminent lawless action. If not, they were exercising their freedom of speech.

Back
Top Bottom