• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NYC Hands Out $53 million in Debit Cards To Illegals.

The left took a broken immigration system and turned it into a catastrophe on purpose.
That is a fact. That happened right in front of us all.
The Republicans have shown to be useless but that doesn't change the left owns this total fiasco.
You know what's incredible is Donald Trump might be the only one that can solve it. No one in Washington seems to have a clue.
The left? Bullshit

The millions of aliens allowed in this country will be counted in the 2030 census. Those blue states with those aliens can increase the number of congressional seats in favor of the Democrats.

Noncitizens are allowed to vote in local elections in certain states.

Noncitizen suffrage in local elections​

As of March 2024, the District of Columbia and municipalities in three states allowed noncitizens to vote in some or all local elections: California, Maryland, and Vermont.

Joshua A. Douglas, associate professor of law at the University of Kentucky College of Law, published an article in 2017 stating, "Municipalities can expand voting rights in local elections if there are no explicit state constitutional or legislative impediments and so long as local jurisdictions have the power of home rule." Some states, for example, require that changes to local charters get approval from state legislatures, thereby limiting municipal authority over voter eligibility laws, whereas other states do not.[7]

Douglas identified 14 states—including California and Maryland—as posing no clear impediments to municipalities passing their own voter qualification laws:

I do agree with consensus counting, because it involves funding. But non-citizens are not citizens. There has been a trend over the last 30 years to enfranchise more non-citizens, especially in Europe. HOWEVER....

I don't see how this is so easily permissible in America. This is a clear example on why "States Rights" is rarely ever in America's best interests. In 46 states, constitutional language discussing citizenship says who can vote (e.g. "every citizen" or "all citizens"), but does not state that noncitizens cannot vote [Your link]. Out of these, 14 State Constitutions have no written impediment to prevent non-citizens from voting. This sort of loophole interpretation of Constitution, while abandoning constitutional norms and constitutional intent, is damaging. Non-citizens receive federal aid, can apparently now carry weapons, and in some States the door is being opened to voting. Eventually, there will be absolutely no point or reason to be an American citizen.

I don't care.

The very definition of MAGA.

He's gonna close the border.

For reals? Also, MAGA means forever in denial and clinging to the same scratched up, busted record. Let's see if your declaration is something you can trust...

Trump in 2016: "They are bringing drugs. They are bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, ...I assume... are good people."

Trump in 2017: As part of his larger anti-immigrant rhetoric, Trump conjured up lurid imagery of illegal immigrant gang members who will “take a young, beautiful girl” and “slice…and dice them.”

Trump in 2018: "At this very moment, large, well-organized caravans of migrants are marching towards our southern border. Some people call it an “invasion. It’s like an invasion."

Trump by 2019: He used words like "invasion" and "killer" to discuss immigrants at his rallies 500 times.

Trump in 2020: Trump foregoes insults of the past, calls Mexico a cherished friend. Huh?!

Those extremist words got you hyped up and happy about your anger, huh? Yet, at no time in 2017, 2018, 2019, or in 2020, did Trump EVER close the border. Border crossings rose in 2019 to its highest annual level in 12 years. Yet, no border closure. But...Trump said that immigrant caravans were attacking, bringing crime and drugs, killing, and looking to slice and dice your daughters! Why, oh why, would Dear Leader not simply close the border? And why, oh why, would he order his Republicans to reject the very bi-partisan legislation, in 2023, that would move to save you and your defenseless daughters from immigrant evil?! Oh...maybe its because he "assumed" that some "are good people" way back in 2016 and years later in 2020 loved him some friendly Mexico. That must be it. Or, maybe he just never cared and like he just proved with his command to reject the bi-partisan border security bill, played and used you for his own personal benefit.

Meh, toss all that inconvenience aside. Your "outrage" for the border is severely outweighed by your blind partisan allegiance to a single man, who has clearly been mocking you since 2016.

Last edited:
Thanks.

But that Map and Information has been shared here in DP before.

When one actually digs down on that map and into what it really is providing, like I have previously, one will find out that it doesn't show the OMG OMG OMG Sanctuary City nonsense that folks think it shows.
Take it for what it's worth.
The idea there are so many sanctuary cities that have vowed to refuse to work with federal authorities to identify and prosecute illegal aliens in this country is a mockery to our federal immigration laws. What gives those cities right to ignore federal laws.?
Greg Abbott moves illegal aliens out of his state to relieve his border towns of financial pressure and the Left goes crazy over it.
Yet blue cities ignore federal laws and protect illegal aliens from the law.
Does that make sense to anyone?
Yes, I know, bleeding heart Liberals don't care about enforcing federal immigration laws in their blue cities. They care about Abbott sending these processed aliens to large sanctuary cities which those cities have declared they want.

I get it.... you like to follow leaders that lack character. But more importantly, we had a learning moment. Trump, in addition to being an established sexual predator, serial fraudster and insurrectionist, also has no respect for our troops (is no longer he has the lowest support in our military as any modern era Republicans). If you like that resume in a President, well, you do own a vote (I assume).

I am not certain why you think Trump is going to the fix the border. The border situation deteriorated under his "leadership" the last time. He inherited a border with the lowest number of crossings in 50 years from Obama and screwed that up as well. Yes, it was better than what we have experienced recently, but it was worse than what we experienced under the Obama/Biden leadership.
Sorry, the Supreme Court said only congress can determine who is an insurrectionist. The rest is the usual script.

NYC must be rich. Oh wait, they've got Donald Trump to fund this. No problem.

lmao... everything else aside, if it was poor ol' Donny's money that went to pay for this, that would be the most hilarious thing of 2024.

lmao... everything else aside, if it was poor ol' Donny's money that went to pay for this, that would be the most hilarious thing of 2024.
That's the plan.

They'll be voting. Non-citizens are already voting in many places. Aren't you aware of that?
Are you aware that non citizens not being allowed to vote in American Elections is a recent thing?

Are you aware that there are locations where non citizens are legally allowed to vote in local Elections.

There are only two ways a non citizen might vote in a Federal Election, intentional and elaborate fraud, and by mistake.

Both of those are extremely rare and usually caught before a ballot is ever cast.

That is thanks to the rules and systems and folks in charge of Elections doing a good job.

Are you aware that non citizens not being allowed to vote in American Elections is a recent thing?

Are you aware that there are locations where non citizens are legally allowed to vote in local Elections.

There are only two ways a non citizen might vote in a Federal Election, intentional and elaborate fraud, and by mistake.

Both of those are extremely rare and usually caught before a ballot is ever cast.

That is thanks to the rules and systems and folks in charge of Elections doing a good job.
Non-citizens should not be voting in any type of election in my opinion.

Non-citizens should not be voting in any type of election in my opinion.
Do you think folks living here legally, working, contributing, paying taxes should not have a say in their local elections?

Do you think folks living here legally, working, contributing, paying taxes should not have a say in their local elections?
Nope. They're non-citizens. If I get a job transfer to another country do you think I should be allowed to vote there?

Nope. They're non-citizens. If I get a job transfer to another country do you think I should be allowed to vote there?
I think that decision is entirely up to the people in charge where ever you have gone.

I think that decision is entirely up to the people in charge where ever you have gone.
Agree. The problem is that the people haven't made that decision. The democrat politicians have.

Sorry, the Supreme Court said only congress can determine who is an insurrectionist. The rest is the usual script.
No, the SCOTUS had a very narrow ruling about the enforcement of Section 3, not the determination of Trump as insurrectionist. The Colorado court, a fact finding court, said Trump was indeed participant in an insurrection.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/02nd_Judicial_District/Denver_District_Court/11_17_2023 Final Order.pdf

The SCOTUS, not a fact finding court, merely ruled Colorado had no right to remove him from the ballot. They had no basis to contradict, nor did they contradict, that particular determination of the Colorado court (Trump's participation in the insurrection).

Donald Trump was a participant in an insurrection, but Colorado had no right to deny him a spot on the ballot because of it. Both things can be true. Both things, apparently are true.

If you have a legitimate line of reasoning to the contrary, well the original material is there. Let's hear it. Kindly direct us to the paragraphs that says Colorado had no right to determine that Trump was indeed a participant in the insurrection or that the insurrection did not exist. If you can't do so, of course, you will have to concede this point.

Fox News, so it's probably nonsense.
NYC's mayor Eric Adams has stressed the cards will cut "20 percent of the migrant costs" in the city. The program has been allocated $53 million, and will replace food boxes provided to migrants living at New York City hotels. Newsweek, Mar 28, 2024

NYC's mayor Eric Adams has stressed the cards will cut "20 percent of the migrant costs" in the city. The program has been allocated $53 million, and will replace food boxes provided to migrants living at New York City hotels. Newsweek, Mar 28, 2024
Sounds good!

I do agree with consensus counting, because it involves funding. But non-citizens are not citizens. There has been a trend over the last 30 years to enfranchise more non-citizens, especially in Europe. HOWEVER....

I don't see how this is so easily permissible in America. This is a clear example on why "States Rights" is rarely ever in America's best interests. In 46 states, constitutional language discussing citizenship says who can vote (e.g. "every citizen" or "all citizens"), but does not state that noncitizens cannot vote [Your link]. Out of these, 14 State Constitutions have no written impediment to prevent non-citizens from voting. This sort of loophole interpretation of Constitution, while abandoning constitutional norms and constitutional intent, is damaging. Non-citizens receive federal aid, can apparently now carry weapons, and in some States the door is being opened to voting. Eventually, there will be absolutely no point or reason to be an American citizen.
I doubt that illegal aliens infiltrating our borders really care about becoming U.S. citizens. Most want to be here for economic reasons. And stupid Biden because he is non-Trump encouraged illegal migrants to come to the border because he was not going to treat them like Trump did. Now his Administration is reaping what he sowed during the 2020 campaign. And now he is using useless Kamala to figure out why so many millions from shithole countries want to come here. It's because we are still the greatest country in the world that has an economy able to lift desperate people out of poverty.

No, the SCOTUS had a very narrow ruling about the enforcement of Section 3, not the determination of Trump as insurrectionist. The Colorado court, a fact finding court, said Trump was indeed participant in an insurrection.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/02nd_Judicial_District/Denver_District_Court/11_17_2023 Final Order.pdf

The SCOTUS, not a fact finding court, merely ruled Colorado had no right to remove him from the ballot. They had no basis to contradict, nor did they contradict, that particular determination of the Colorado court (Trump's participation in the insurrection).

Donald Trump was a participant in an insurrection, but Colorado had no right to deny him a spot on the ballot because of it. Both things can be true. Both things, apparently are true.

If you have a legitimate line of reasoning to the contrary, well the original material is there. Let's hear it. Kindly direct us to the paragraphs that says Colorado had no right to determine that Trump was indeed a participant in the insurrection or that the insurrection did not exist. If you can't do so, of course, you will have to concede this point.
The Colorado Court doesn't have authority on insurrection. Only congress. You should read the decision.

I doubt that illegal aliens infiltrating our borders really care about becoming U.S. citizens. Most want to be here for economic reasons. And stupid Biden because he is non-Trump encouraged illegal migrants to come to the border because he was not going to treat them like Trump did. Now his Administration is reaping what he sowed during the 2020 campaign. And now he is using useless Kamala to figure out why so many millions from shithole countries want to come here. It's because we are still the greatest country in the world that has an economy able to lift desperate people out of poverty.
Biden didn't encourage illegals to come here.

He simply went on about our not treating them like non humans, as opposed to his predecessor.

He certainly did not encourage any "surge to the border" on their part.

He spoke in his campaign of the US surging to the border, with Immigration Judges and Lawyers and authorities for handling and processing folks faster whether illegals or especially asylum seekers.

Went through this with Uriah, he had it all wrong.

The Colorado Court doesn't have authority on insurrection. Only congress. You should read the decision.
In the confines of that argument and SC decision they got it right.

The case made in Colorado by the folks wanting to keep KING MAGAT off the ballot there built in the absolute need for it going all the way up, and fail.

Back
Top Bottom