• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA 2023-2024

Gilbert tells it like it is:

The Knicks just destroyed the Nuggets. And without their top 2 centers. The trade for OG has made them a legitimate threat. The guy does it all. 6 steals I believe this evening. Long arms and very athletic. 11 - 2 since the trade and 1 of the losses was without their point guard Brunsen. Clyde is also back with his rhyming commentary and outrageous suits!

Just as the nfl highlights it’s QB matchups, we should be hearing a lot from the nba on the Embiid/Jokic matchup tonite in Denver.

Just as the nfl highlights it’s QB matchups, we should be hearing a lot from the nba on the Embiid/Jokic matchup tonite in Denver.
My bad, Embiid and Maxey are both sitting out, especially Embiid.

My bad, Embiid and Maxey are both sitting out, especially Embiid.
Embid always sits out against Jokic. He knows the joker will make him look bad and ruin his MVP chances.

Embid always sits out against Jokic. He knows the joker will make him look bad and ruin his MVP chances.
Embiid is getting close to how many games he can miss and still get awards. We do know he’ll show up for the Charlotte's of the nba. Where do you rank the Clippers?

Embiid has a history of avoiding Jokic, especially when playing in Denver. Embid has said Jokic is the best player in the NBA which he clearly is.

Embiid is getting close to how many games he can miss and still get awards. We do know he’ll show up for the Charlotte's of the nba. Where do you rank the Clippers?
The Clippers remind me of the Chargers. They have a ton of talent but something, usually injuries, will derail their season.

It’s cute all of the teams adding players and getting better. Unfortunately for them they have no chance against the teams with mega superstars. You can add all the talent you want but if you don’t have Jokic, Yanis or Embiid you’re probably not going all the way. Embiid chokes in the playoffs so maybe I should cross him off the list and replace him with Tatum. I’d put Leonard on the list but he can’t stay healthy.

Embiid is currently the favorite to win the MVP. I know you know this, so what's up with this post?

Much has happened since the apps had Embiid as the favorite. He’s plummeted. I took some Tatum when I saw the move. The new PPP rules are the discussion point today.

When Embiid gets to 18 games missed, he can’t get any awards. Plus, a new rule with PPP says the majority of the missed games should be at home. He’s missed 2 at home and 10 on the road. That gets people filing for an investigation.

The 17-game missed limit hurts Haliburton also, who would miss out on major bucks, like $40 M. He’s under a pretty strict minutes Medical also. TH’s misses are different than Embiid’s, 10 of the last 12 due to major injury, so I’d amend the rules for his type of misses. Maybe do a proportion of games played. Silver plays from strength with a new contract.

The MVP is Jokic.
Tonight the MVP was Shai playing sick while Jokic sat out on one day's rest.
NK's only missed 4 of 49 games, two by the new 20-minute rule.
Fans and those who make money off the NBA wanted these PPP rules.
It should be Jokic every year just like it should have been Jordan every year.
Shai is down to +300 while Jokic is at -125 at FD now.
My Tatum long-shot has moved from 50/1 to 37/1.
Luka's at +500 with Giannis at +700.
Not only is Jokic the the best player in the world, he is also the most consistent player in the world.
Any Embiid talk is nonsense.
Odds change every day.
Embiid was the favorite for MVP when his post was made.
Now he's off the board.

Trade deadline February 8.
All-star break of 6 days too long.
Regular season ends 4/14.

Game lineups and injury updates, referees when announced, odds, playing time and other stats for visitors only:
This site does matchups, refs when announced, ref stats, etc:

Embiid won't get the award. He's a soft player.

Giannis or Luka will win it.

I loved what my Pacers did today in trades. Buddy wasn't coming back and McDermott is a nice addition as a shooter to replace Buddy.

I loved what my Pacers did today in trades. Buddy wasn't coming back and McDermott is a nice addition as a shooter to replace Buddy.
The Suns picking up O'Neale from Brooklyn was a great move.
It sucks for a Brooklyn fan.

I am glad to find no one is watching what they call the all-star game. At least not posting about it.
Why am I?

Because I just wanted to express how much I miss it when it was game and before the whole 3 ring circus that is the NBA all-star weekend.

Find memories of when Dr. Jay played to win.

An embarrassment to the great sport of basketball.
Shameful and the announcers are not allowed to say so.

And another thing, Tyrese deserved the MVP not Lillard.
In fact. Towns should have gotten it before Lillard.

I am glad to find no one is watching what they call the all-star game. At least not posting about it.
Why am I?

Because I just wanted to express how much I miss it when it was game and before the whole 3 ring circus that is the NBA all-star weekend.

Find memories of when Dr. Jay played to win.
It was Dr J.

Why do they even play this all star game? Hopefully the whole weekend is cancelled next season and they just get a 4 day break.

Back
Top Bottom