• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meat on Good Friday?

Do you eat meat on Good Friday?

• Total voters
I used to be very strict about not eating meat on Fridays, especially Good Friday, but these days I only do it for the amazing fish fries not any kind of Catholic reason. A couple of my relatives are still very devoted and do a complete fast on Good Friday - now that's old school!

i abstain from fish on all Fridays as that is how i was brought up

I purposely eat meat on Good Friday and laugh about it.

then you need to think about eating fish on friday.

you may want to think about that.

Sometimes I eat fish on Fridays.
But it has nothing to do with religious belief.

Why do some Christians eat fish on Friday?
Especially Good Friday?

I think it's only a long-standing tradition by the Catholic Church - not a sin.
But there's nothing wrong if anyone wants to fast, or not eat meat on Fridays or Good Fridays.

Sometimes I eat fish on Fridays.
But it has nothing to do with religious belief.

Why do some Christians eat fish on Friday?
Especially Good Friday?

Where do they base that?
Tradition

Once in Spain I had to eat a Wienerschnitzel, because nothing else was served …

Not really--I work full time and I'm in school. At the moment I took a leave of absence for some medical issues, but I return on the 8th and I'm excited to get back to helping the homeless and families in crisis :)

However, if I did ride a bike, it would have to be an adult-trike because I'm of the age where I don't need to break anything else! Maybe when I finish getting my degree I'll have more time and somewhere to keep a bicycle (I'm homeless at the moment.)

The gym I belong to (discount rate through my employer) allows me to workout and shower all in one go so I'm there fairly regularly. I stay in a very busy house and you have to squeeze in a quick shower to free up the bathroom. This is courteous to them as well ;) But, that's where I get my exercise :)

What was the topic again? I think we veered off course......

Wait, what??? You are homeless? Homeless as in --- you live in your car or on the street?? 🛖

I used to have to stay silent for 3 hours on Good Friday growing up, as my grandmother was pretty insistent on that tradition. I liked to read, so would try to just go read a book (although I think on occasion I'd get side glances of disappointment for that even). I don't remember having any restriction on our foods though. I think it was mentioned about fish Fridays, but not really adhered to.

Wait, what??? You are homeless? Homeless as in --- you live in your car or on the street?? 🛖
As in sleeping on my son's couch in his den. My roommate took off and I couldn't find a replacement, afford the rent on my own, or find another place in time. So I'm "sheltered" homeless. :)

As in sleeping on my son's couch in his den. My roommate took off and I couldn't find a replacement, afford the rent on my own, or find another place in time. So I'm "sheltered" homeless. :)

Thank God you have a place to stay!
I understand, been there.

I used to have to stay silent for 3 hours on Good Friday growing up, as my grandmother was pretty insistent on that tradition. I liked to read, so would try to just go read a book (although I think on occasion I'd get side glances of disappointment for that even). I don't remember having any restriction on our foods though. I think it was mentioned about fish Fridays, but not really adhered to.
i did not know THAT rule

then you need to think about eating fish on friday.

you may want to think about that.

Fish and seafood are ok on Good Friday around here, that includes crawfish for folks in this part of Texas. But our neighbors in Louisiana want to know if alligator is acceptable in Good Friday?

IMG_20240329_120428992_HDR.jpg

What is this?
A passion play, or called Way of the Cross, or the stations of the cross. They reenact the story of the crucifixion from the verdict of Pilate to the burial in the tomb.

Until I was about 7 years old, I thought they were calling it Fry Day , since my mom always made fried catfish.

Fish and seafood are ok on Good Friday around here, that includes crawfish for folks in this part of Texas. But our neighbors in Louisiana want to know if alligator is acceptable in Good Friday?

well if you have to ask, no

we had fish for lunch, healthy kind of.

but i abstain from bottom feeders or unclean meats most often.

use the old testament health laws as your guide. pork is nasty, go with chicken or beef; the OT laws will keep you healthy for no other reason

blessing on the 8th and going forward. see you Sunday at bible church

We did fish/seafood here today for dinner. And I made pepper and egg sandwiches for my in-laws for lunch.

My son and I went out for lunch, I had sushi and he had lo mein.

I don’t particularly care about meat/fasting - but my father in law specifically requested no meat today, so I obliged him.

Religion is on a steep decline and will continue to do so.

Back
Top Bottom