• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meat on Good Friday?

Do you eat meat on Good Friday?

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Do you eat meat on Good Friday?

I used to be very strict about not eating meat on Fridays, especially Good Friday, but these days I only do it for the amazing fish fries not any kind of Catholic reason. A couple of my relatives are still very devoted and do a complete fast on Good Friday - now that's old school!

Where did God say don't eat meat on Good Friday?

I used to be very strict about not eating meat on Fridays, especially Good Friday, but these days I only do it for the amazing fish fries not any kind of Catholic reason. A couple of my relatives are still very devoted and do a complete fast on Good Friday - now that's old school!

i like it.

fish very good for your every thing if wild caught.

and fasting can save your life...

91Ss+xl0OoL._SL1500_.jpg

I grew up in a Polish-Catholic community (was even raised by nuns for a bit and thought about becoming one myself for a time!) so we were always about the fish fry on Fridays! :) It's a tradition I carried on for a very long time.

Now I'm lucky to remember to buy food, let alone what day it is :)

I grew up in a Polish-Catholic community (was even raised by nuns for a bit and thought about becoming one myself for a time!) so we were always about the fish fry on Fridays! :) It's a tradition I carried on for a very long time.

Now I'm lucky to remember to buy food, let alone what day it is :)

please have food and water stocked up. forgetting can bite you come April 8.

dry beans and rice a good place to start.

Please turn off YouTube and go breathe fresh air, let the sun shine on you or the rain fall on your face. Dance in a meadow, read your bible on a rock by the sea. Hug a loved one, eat ice cream, go for a bike ride if you can.

But don't spend your remaining days on Earth watching YouTube videos.

Please turn off YouTube and go breathe fresh air, let the sun shine on you or the rain fall on your face. Dance in a meadow, read your bible on a rock by the sea. Hug a loved one, eat ice cream, go for a bike ride if you can.

bicycle. good advice.

But don't spend your remaining days on Earth watching YouTube videos.

thanks, i wanna spend my remaining days helping others and the forum.

The question is about Good Friday, not about God Friday.
There's only one Good Friday, but all Fridays are God Friday.

bicycle. good advice.

thanks, i wanna spend my remaining days helping others and the forum.

YouTube won't help you achieve that goal.

Instead, you're just forcing them to make more YouTube videos so they can keep the dollars rolling in.

This was the reason shops used to be closed on Sundays. Not because they didn't want people shopping--but so the workers could have a day of rest, as was directed in the bible.

Let the YouTubers go for a bike ride too :)

Instead, you're just forcing them to make more YouTube videos so they can keep the dollars rolling in.

This was the reason shops used to be closed on Sundays. Not because they didn't want people shopping--but so the workers could have a day of rest, as was directed in the bible.

Blue laws are still around.

it helps billions of people.

we can all use the money.

amen. i got rest last nite; we all NEED that. especially for what is coming april 8

think i will.

do you ride much?

blessings, ride out April 8 on a bicycle.

Where did God say don't eat meat on Good Friday?

God didn't. It's a sacrifice that is made in reverence to Jesus.

Since Jesus sacrificed his flesh for us on Good Friday, we refrain from eating flesh meat in his honor on Fridays. Flesh meat includes the meat of mammals and poultry, and the main foods that come under this heading are beef, pork, chicken, and turkey. While flesh is prohibited, the non-flesh products of these animals are not, things like milk, cheese, butter, eggs, and sauces made from animal fats.

You realize that 90% of the earth will not experience an eclipse on April 8 right?

You realize that 90% of the earth will not experience an eclipse on April 8 right?

true. no eclipse can cover 90% of the earth, thanks for helping.

what is coming will cover 90% of the earth.

April 8, run for cover

true. no eclipse can cover 90% of the earth, thanks for helping.

what is coming will cover 90% of the earth.

April 8, run for cover

Could god cause an eclipse that covered 90% of the earth?

Seems like he would do that if he really wanted us to listen. It would certainly make some people think.

@Rumpel my mother was an Italian-Catholic refugee fleeing Musso and my father was a young Jewish refugee from Germany when they met in New York City in the late 1930's.
My mother's Italian parents liked my father almost immediately when they met him, and my paternal grandfather liked my mom immediately but my paternal grandmother was another story.

First, she threatened to jump out the window if they married, to which her husband responded, "We're on the Second Floor, you'll break a leg and we will be the laughingstock of the building!"

Finally the day came where my father brought my mom home to MEET THE PARENTS. It was a Friday and in those days the Catholic prohibition against eating meat on that day was still very much in full force. I guess this is where my paternal grandmother found a chink in the armor and she made CHICKEN for dinner, in a classic passive-aggressive future mother in law move.

Dinner commenced and Mom was pushing the food around and around on the plate, and Grandpa finally asked "Don't you like the food, dear?" and then suddenly he realized what had happened. He took Grandma into the kitchen...to which she protested innocence, claiming to not have realized the prohibition, which was nonsense, she knew.

So, Grandpa came back and told a little white lie: "My dear, before I became a banker I was studying to be a rabbi, now close your eyes for a moment" whereupon he waved his hands over the plate and intoned: "You're NOT a chicken, you're a fish, you're NOT a chicken, you're a fish, you're NOT a chicken, you're a fish, okay let's eat!"

And so she ate, and then went to Confession in church the next morning.
Her priest said "Alby, you said the father claimed he was going to be a rabbi, yes? And he blessed the chicken, yes? God UNDERSTANDS, my dear, you committed no sin." 😆😆

1711644127938.png

Could god cause an eclipse that covered 90% of the earth?

possibly.

i mean yes he could.

Seems like he would do that if he really wanted us to listen. It would certainly make some people think.

very few people think. but some people think they think like me.

Seems like he would do that if he really wanted us to listen.

if you wont listen to me

or my videos

i don't think you will benefit from anything more.

blessings, april 8 people like me think they think

possibly.

i mean yes he could.

very few people think. but some people think they think like me.

if you wont listen to me

or my videos

i don't think you will benefit from anything more.

blessings, april 8 people like me think they think

April 8 will come and go, and people like you will still think they think

Back
Top Bottom