• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Laken Riley's mother slams Biden as "Pathetic" for fumbling her daughter's name during SOTU

Stop lying. Laken is not a hard name to pronounce at all.
He’s deliberately mispronounced it right? How small can you be?

That was not my claim.

My claim was that nonstandard names will invite mispronunciation.
Your claim is that its the mothers fault, even though the name is very simple.

No, we blame the mother for not shutting the **** up and using her daughter's death as an opportunity to engage in blatant partisanship. Biden offered words of condolence, which was classy. She should have had the grace to accept his kindness. Let's not forget that Joe Biden actually does know what it's like to have a child die.
Blatant partisanship? Biden screwed up a simple name and apologized to the murderer for calling him an illegal, and you blame the mother for being angry? What kind of twisted values do you have?

My name is not pronounced Ren -ay… when I make a speech, I tell the people who will introduce me that it’s pronounced REE-nee and half the time they pronounce it wrong. I guess it means these young people who mispronounce it are senile and they must really be trying to insult me. It is so disgusting that you are using this as a political ploy. But yet you will overlook Trump, making fun of a handicapped man and imitating Biden stuttering. Speaks volumes about you
So you blame the mother too for her poor murdered daughter. Thanks for showing us the real you.

Blatant partisanship? Biden screwed up a simple name and apologized to the murderer for calling him an illegal, and you blame the mother for being angry? What kind of twisted values do you have?

So you blame the mother too for her poor murdered daughter. Thanks for showing us the real you.
Now, that is a wonderful reason not to vote for a fine man because he mispronounced a name. Shall we list all the words Trump mispronounced? Would you say the same thing? Remember how he insulted the people of Thailand when he couldn’t pronounce it?

And you seem to blame Biden‘s mispronouncing a name the same as killing her daughter. That’s just as stupid but thanks for showing us who you are.

Your statement here is very different from your statement below as you have added a qualifier. I cannot address the qualifier about "simple" as that was not part of my original statement.

Her mother did invite mispronunciation though. That is unchanged throughout our conversation.

Stop lying. Laken is not a hard name to pronounce at all.

Blatant partisanship? Biden screwed up a simple name and apologized to the murderer for calling him an illegal,

You're just bullshitting now, so not gonna waste my time or DP's bandwidth.

The father of Laken Riley, the 22-year-old Georgia nursing student killed last month, criticized the politicization of his daughter's death in an interview that aired Monday.

"I feel like she’s being used somewhat politically ... It makes me angry," Jason Riley told NBC News. "She was much better than that. She should be raised up for the person that she is."

Laken Riley was jogging on the University of Georgia campus early in the morning Feb. 22 when she was attacked and killed by blunt force trauma, University of Georgia Police Chief Jeff Clark confirmed at the time.

He's right, although it's entirely the GOP and Trump politicizing his daughter's murder for votes.

BTW, the dude at the Trump rally with the Trump hat is apparently the stepfather. The entirely family there having Trump sign a picture of their daughter like its was a damn autographed baseball card was disgusting, IMO.

That’s true because no Christian with a conscious could possibly support either one of the idiots we have running for president. Biden is a fake Catholic and Trump, is, well, he’s Trump. Not a Christian man.
LOL, if Biden is a "fake catholic" than the entire GOP, including the voters, are "Fake Christians"

Now, that is a wonderful reason not to vote for a fine man because he mispronounced a name. Shall we list all the words Trump mispronounced? Would you say the same thing? Remember how he insulted the people of Thailand when he couldn’t pronounce it?
Your whattaboutism is a fail since I dont vote for Trump. Got any more stupid excuses to make for your president who apologized to a young woman's murderer? I bet you jumped for joy when Biden did that.

Her mother did invite mispronunciation though. That is unchanged throughout our conversation.
No she didnt, it was a simple enough name and the fact that you keep blaming her after her poor daughter was murdered tells us all we need to know about you.

You're just bullshitting now, so not gonna waste my time or DP's bandwidth.
You hate the truth. Thanks for showing us that how much you love murderers.

No she didnt, it was a simple enough name and the fact that you keep blaming her after her poor daughter was murdered tells us all we need to know about you.
My point stands that nonstandard names invite mispronunciations.

In terms of what you feel you know about me, you are MAGA and therefore your judgment holds no value for me. You can feel in whatever you way you feel gives you rhetorical advantage, it harms me not.

I suppose you can quote where Biden apologized to the murderer, which is what you said.

You clearly can't quote it, so like I said, bullshitting.

Your whattaboutism is a fail since I dont vote for Trump. Got any more stupid excuses to make for your president who apologized to a young woman's murderer? I bet you jumped for joy when Biden did that.

You are a wonderful example of an extremist. You conclude that saying he should not have used the word illegal means he is apologizing specifically to the woman’s murderer. ..and the inane saying “we love murderers” would be as dumb as saying you love the white supremacists because of Trump‘s remark about some of them being good people
Ps.. I don’t believe for a second that you didn’t vote for Trump and I’m sure you will now again

Will Biden ever apologize? Apologize for having to be forced to acknowledge Laken Riley, for having to be forced to say her name, or for mispronouncing her name. Has he ever acknowledged that his border policy allowed her death to take place?

Reactions: PoS
Will Biden ever apologize? Apologize for having to be forced to acknowledge Laken Riley, for having to be forced to say her name, or for mispronouncing her name. Has he ever acknowledged that his border policy allowed her death to take place?

Spoken like a true extremist implying that immigrants are murderers

My point stands that nonstandard names invite mispronunciations.

In terms of what you feel you know about me, you are MAGA and therefore your judgment holds no value for me. You can feel in whatever you way you feel gives you rhetorical advantage, it harms me not.
Your only point is that you hate this poor woman for giving her daughter a name. Thats sick.

I suppose you can quote where Biden apologized to the murderer, which is what you said.

You clearly can't quote it, so like I said, bullshitting.

Why do you love murderers?

You are a wonderful example of an extremist. You conclude that saying he should not have used the word illegal means he is apologizing specifically to the woman’s murderer. ..and the inane saying “we love murderers” would be as dumb as saying you love the white supremacists because of Trump‘s remark about some of them being good people
Why do you defend an illegal alien murderer? Its clear you dont understand this poor mothers grief. Keep being you.

Ps.. I don’t believe for a second that you didn’t vote for Trump and I’m sure you will now again

Since you keep mentioning him its obvious youre in love with trump. Thanks for admitting it.

You said Biden apologized to the killer. That is a lie. You continue to bullshit - now you're bullshitting about your previous bullshit.
He did. Isnt the word "regret" an apology? Perhaps you might want to take some remedial English classes to help you out.

He did. Isnt the word "regret" an apology? Perhaps you might want to take some remedial English classes to help you out.

Apologized to the killer.

Your only point is that you hate this poor woman for giving her daughter a name. Thats sick.
This was my original post, please point out where I stated that I hate her.

When you give your kid nonstandard names, you are inviting mispronunciations. This mother brought it on herself.
Again, here I simply mentioned that she used a nonstandard name and invited mispronunciations and that this is a result of her mother's choice to use such a name.

Whether or not I hate her or whatever other conclusion you wish to assert is simply your embellishment as I have not stated my opinion of this woman one way or another, but only of her choice in this one instance.

There is a huge world of difference, as I have pointed out, between what I wrote and what you imagined that I wrote.

Yes, he hates the mother for giving her that name……haha.spoken like a true extremist

Why do you love murderers?
Again that dumb extremism
Why do you defend an illegal alien murderer? Its clear you dont understand this poor mothers grief. Keep being you.

Since you keep mentioning him its obvious youre in love with trump. Thanks for admitting it.

Whoever defended the murderer? Since you keep responding all the time I think you’re in love with Trump. Do you like mushrooms?

Apologized to the killer.
He said he regretted it, so he did apologize. Thanks for showing your true colors.

This was my original post, please point out where I stated that I hate her.

Again, here I simply mentioned that she used a nonstandard name and invited mispronunciations and that this is a result of her mother's choice to use such a name.

Whether or not I hate her or whatever other conclusion you wish to assert is simply your embellishment as I have not stated my opinion of this woman one way or another, but only of her choice in this one instance.

There is a huge world of difference, as I have pointed out, between what I wrote and what you imagined that I wrote.
You said she brought her daughter's mispronunciation on herself, so you do hate her.

Again that dumb extremism

Whoever defended the murderer? Since you keep responding all the time I think you’re in love with Trump. Do you like mushrooms?
Yes, you love murderers of young women. Why though?

You said she brought her daughter's mispronunciation on herself, so you do hate her.
By that logic you hate me as you have also pointed out what you feel is a consequence of a choice I have made and according to you, pointing out consequences is hatred.

This highlights the an absurdity of the standard you are using.

What’s funny about your standard here is that I just pointed out a bad choice you have made in using that absurd standard, so by your logic, I must hate you as well.

Last edited:
He said he regretted it, so he did apologize. Thanks for showing your true colors.

Completely different from what you originally said. I accept your surrender.

Yes, you love murderers of young women. Why though?

Do you know how ridiculous and extreme you sound ? Can I say that you adore neo Nazis…?.

Back
Top Bottom