• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lack of home schooling oversight obvious danger to children

It's especially worse in school districts that have a "meh" attitude towards kids with special needs.
Special needs programs got me through college Sinclair is my favorite by far.

Here you are arguing for some regulation of teachers without arguing it for parents, proving my point.

"Much has changed..." what the hell does that mean?

Because home schooling is so unregulated, it is difficult to say how prevelant child abuse is involved in it. It is unconscionable that anyone is okay with this. To use this to argue that child abuse is not an issue due to a lack of data on it is simply dishonest.

"138 of the 380 students withdrawn from public schools for home education during that period lived in households with at least one prior complaint of suspected abuse or neglect."

This should trouble everyone.

That should say something about a state's Child Services department...and that maybe some looking-into of said department's abilities and handling of cases rather then looking at homeschooling as the issue.

Back
Top Bottom